Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How fed up are you with the whole Gareth Bale Saga?!

Bale to Madrid. Longer then a Eastenders Episode.

• Bale to Madrid will happen, but when?!

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • SSN are going to go into Meltdown when it happens

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • AVB will say he ain't for sale AGAIN!

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • I don't even bother with SSN anymore

Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Its fairly intresting seeing how clubs go around doing Big Business, what isnt intresting is the daily coverage of the situation when nothing has changed and they are simply struggling to fill time.

also it doesnt help we have had to put up with relentless Rooney to Chelsea updates and Suarez to Arsenal specualtion. all in all its a complete borefest on the media front.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Can't believe how many people on here say they don't care and haven't even seen him kick a ball. Football is football. Do you only watch the Albion? I watch any football whether it's the lower leagues or different countries. It's an appreciation for the game.

As a spurs fan I think he will go. However Levy is playing the game perfectly trying to get a much cash as poss for him.

There was a good post earlier on here from someone saying that it is a sad state when a team as wealthy and well supported as spurs can't even hang on to their best players. All very. The giants of the game unfortunately boss it.

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
I'm just fed up with the whole transfer window bollocks should be shut before a ball has been kicked, Everton could have the whole spine of the team transferred to Man Utd on Monday so where does that leave them 3 games into a season and the window then shut to buy other players
And on Monday night when you watch Sky before the window closes the presenters build it up to be the most exciting evening in the football calendar now, and then you see hundreds of dopey football fans standing behind the sky reporters trying to get on tv shouting out bollocks
The whole thing has become a farce led by greedy egotistic football agents

Correct Mr S. And Jim White shouting at you and letting you know the same transfer news over and over and over again. Looks like he could explode with the news he is spouting.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The worst thing about it is its utterly depressing inevitability. We've got to the point where even a club as wealthy and well-supported as Spurs is utterly powerless to keep a player they value because Real Madrid can use Marca to tap him up at no risk to themselves, throw money they don't have at it and generally act with impunity throughout. And they're hardly unique - all the big clubs do it. FFP is not going to change that, even assuming they try to actually enforce the rules. I'd look forward to the day when a big club with a player on a long contract tells him to sod off, that he's not joining Real or anybody else, and he can sit in the bloody reserves for two years but sadly, with the kind of money the players are on and the kind of owners the clubs have now, it'll never happen.

(My sympathy for Spurs is limited to say the least, I should point out, given how openly they tracked Zamora and how dismissive of us Glenn "I might sign some more of their players." Hoddle was at the time.)
:clap::clap:

Can't believe how many people on here say they don't care and haven't even seen him kick a ball. Football is football. Do you only watch the Albion? I watch any football whether it's the lower leagues or different countries. It's an appreciation for the game.

As a spurs fan I think he will go. However Levy is playing the game perfectly trying to get a much cash as poss for him.
It may be you have a vested interest ???
I see Bale when Spurs are on MOTD but I don't watch the Europa League since it becane as tedious as the Champion's League, a competition full of teams I don't support competing to see who gets an even bigger slice of the cake.

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
:clap::clap:

It may be you have a vested interest ???
I see Bale when Spurs are on MOTD but I don't watch the Europa League since it becane as tedious as the Champion's League, a competition full of teams I don't support competing to see who gets an even bigger slice of the cake.

As a football fan I would be interested in the signing of any player that is breaking a transfer fee record. Yes the situation is tedious but still the majority comments on this board show a complete 'don't give a shit attitude' over anything unless it's the albion...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Inigo Calderon received the first ever yellow card at the Amex, for what he claimed was a Gareth Bale dive. A lot of people have seen him kick a ball.

Meanwhile, the tedium behind all this is down to a long, drawn-out game to see who can exert the most pressure to determine the size of the dowry which an easily-impressed, under-nourished media has been attempting to bore us with. They're doing this by competing with each other for some feeble tidbit of what they like to term an 'exclusive'.

The story will be when he moves. Not if. The rest of us, in the main, until that point, won't give a toss.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
What bothers me is Real Madrid have skewed the whole of Europe's transfer window with a stupidly inflated bid for nothing more than a monkey on speed that they can't legally afford, while the rest of Spain (bar Barca) are having to have fire sales. Quite sickening.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Yes, I do only watch the Albion. I like the international tournaments and if I am abroad I will take in a live game as I really do enjoy the live spectacle but not much else I am afraid. I havbe never owned Sky or whatever and have seen MOTD once or twice in the past 15 years. Best to consider me a Brighton fan, not a football fan in general. And I have never ever seen Bale kick a ball.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As a football fan I would be interested in the signing of any player that is breaking a transfer fee record. Yes the situation is tedious but still the majority comments on this board show a complete 'don't give a shit attitude' over anything unless it's the albion...

Hand on heart I only care about the Albion and only watch the Albion. I've described myself as someone who loves Brighton but not really a footie fan otherwise. I think that most of us on here are far less into the premiership than your average pub footie fan.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Some rumours that Chelsea are trying to muscle in on the deal. :rolleyes:

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I know this, but not in my lifetime would I see a Player maybe getting sold for over 90 Million quid. Were you?! Yes Ronaldo was sold for £83 Million, but this is a crazy situation.

And some of us remember when £200,000 for Martin Peters was utter insanity.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Hand on heart I only care about the Albion sms only watch the Albion. I've described myself as someone who loves Brighton but not really a footie fan otherwise. I think that most of us on here are far less into the premiership than your average pub footie fan.

The premiership doesn't really interest me either. I look at the scores most weeks and I occasionally watch MOTD while waiting for the football league show to come on but I find it a very boring league. And I don't care about Bale's transfer. He is just another premiership player who constantly cheats.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I know this, but not in my lifetime would I see a Player maybe getting sold for over 90 Million quid. Were you?! Yes Ronaldo was sold for £83 Million, but this is a crazy situation.

You didn't think a transfer fee would increase by £7m in your lifetime. What are you? A fruit fly?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Levy is arguably the best in the business at pulling off a deal. €100million is an incredible figure and to have recruited 5 quality players already with possibly Eriksen to come too whilst halting the merry go round for his rivals is genius. If Spurs beat Arsenal in the North London because Arsenal are short of players and Spurs have too much quality it would be a masterstroke and could tip the balance for that 4th place.

In the past he's left it too late, getting his price but leaving himself too short of time to bring in quality. The Moutinho deal springs to mind post-Modric. If you miss out on Champions League the next best thing is to con £10 million off one of the big boys. He's done it with Berbatov, Modric and now Bale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here