Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel when weve lost?

Jul 7, 2003
I never let it get to me too much when I was younger - unlike some of my mates for who a defeat would ruin their whole weekend.

These days, I don't get over excited when we win and likewise, a defeat is usually forgotten long before I get home.

I do agree with the comments around us playing the best football which also helps put the defeats into context a little.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I can go into a mega sulk when we lose, avoiding all football contact....especially when it's villa who I loath and hate...and even more so when old bug eyes puts haaaaarland in his team of the week because he touched the ball twice!
It doesn't normally last long though, only 3 or 4 days at the most

phoenix

May 18, 2009
It doesn't hurt so much now as it used to but when the manager changes 7,8,9 players well basically were f***ed really imho.
Potter got lucky he had injuries then fell upon a idea that if the same players played together consistence would most likely follow. But he didn't have Europe to contend with. Even RDZ has said he might be making too many changes. So to sum it up 3 days after a defeat i can manage a few words just (y)
Palace losing by more sure as heck made it easier though :ROFLMAO:

I get all my swearing out of the way at the time, the good folk of the East are more tolerant than you think. Afterwards I recover quickly. Actually NSC helps, if you read people going bananas on here I tend to find that funny these days; and there is actually some good analytical stuff posted on here too, and dissection and analysis always helps to improve the mood too

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
I get annoyed when we concede 1 goal when 3-4 nil up. When we lose its a footy blackout for a couple of days.

But like @pocketseagull says, i drink it in when we win and they say nice stuff.

Although i think the fawning will slow down this season as I don't think we'll match last seasons heroics. I did at the start of the season, but i think injury's and climatising new players will be too much for us this year.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I can go into a mega sulk when we lose, avoiding all football contact....especially when it's villa who I loath and hate...and even more so when old bug eyes puts haaaaarland in his team of the week because he touched the ball twice!
It doesn't normally last long though, only 3 or 4 days at the most
Villa annoyed me mostly this season because last season Webster couldn’t get near Watkins, again he couldn’t get near Watkins. It’s not a coincidence Watkins can’t stop scoring against us.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I would say up to mid Twenties I was inconsolable. Basically 'Brighton lost, he's not coming out tonight and keep out of his way next week'. I think after the play off losses I started to get a grip on it. Maybe because they were our biggest games (post the troubles) and I was so down. Maybe subconsciously some kind of self preservation system kicked in.
I get really really f***ed off about stuff. If I feel we've been mugged off or played like total mugs. But on the whole now it doesn't ruin my week/weekend. Usually if I remove myself from the media, here, the internet, I calm down pretty quickly.
I feel healthier for that.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
I remember aged 16 after the Notts County playoff final loss being so devastated that I made a conscious decision to care less about it. Definitely served me well in the dark years that followed.

Now I view it all sort of like a story that runs parallel to real life. Ups and downs, a changing cast of characters. plenty of drama and excitement...the losses along the way are just part of that story now...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Depends on a few things.

Saturday for example, once we’d got to the hotel the nice fillet steak and chewy red made things a tad easier.

Athens at home, with sodden boots and jeans….different ball game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
On final whistle always peed off but have got over it by the time have got home. There are exceptions like Solly penalty miss that take a lot longer and Pedro needs to come up with a hatrick before I can forgive him for unable to at least get his shot on target against Liverpool

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember aged 16 after the Notts County playoff final loss being so devastated that I made a conscious decision to care less about it. Definitely served me well in the dark years that followed.

Now I view it all sort of like a story that runs parallel to real life. Ups and downs, a changing cast of characters. plenty of drama and excitement...the losses along the way are just part of that story now...

I really hated that day. Grey clouds, a by then crap old stadium and Lloyd completely screwed us with his starting formation. Warnock’s 5 man midfield took us apart.

But very low budget Albion would’ve been relegated bottom in 92, so it saved us that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Never too high never too low. Much better than I used to be! Also when we lose away to Man City etc I barely feel any disappointment - it’s called using my brain 🤣

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Even when I was young it really didn't bother me,with the exception of Palace
But fortunately Palace never won a league game at the Goldstone all the time I was going from 1971 onwards
You can't win them all can you
The real disappointments for me was missing out on promotion or getting relegated
And of course the FA Cup in 1983

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
On final whistle always peed off but have got over it by the time have got home. There are exceptions like Solly penalty miss that take a lot longer and Pedro needs to come up with a hatrick before I can forgive him for unable to at least get his shot on target against Liverpool
Luckily none of us were there when Man U got a dodgy 3-2 winning pen after final whistle.

I dare say there would have been some serious feather spitting!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I would say up to mid Twenties I was inconsolable. Basically 'Brighton lost, he's not coming out tonight and keep out of his way next week'. I think after the play off losses I started to get a grip on it. Maybe because they were our biggest games (post the troubles) and I was so down. Maybe subconsciously some kind of self preservation system kicked in.
I get really really f***ed off about stuff. If I feel we've been mugged off or played like total mugs. But on the whole now it doesn't ruin my week/weekend. Usually if I remove myself from the media, here, the internet, I calm down pretty quickly.
I feel healthier for that.
Is that the 1920’s how old are you exactly 😉🤣

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Philosophical. After all, whether Albion win or lose has no real bearing on my life at all. My motto is that if a loss bothers me for more than half an hour then I need a new interest. Share the joy, reject the sorrow. In the end it doesn't matter. There is always the cricket, the rugby and life.

We love it, but at the end of the day it's just twenty two men kicking a bag of air around a patch of grass.
This just about sums it up for me.
When I was younger it could really upset a weekend, but over the years I have gradually come to my senses and now, at 75, I get over it and myself almost immediately.
Enjoy it for what it is, but don’t let it get out of proportion. Despite what Bill Shankly was purported to have said, there are more important things in life than football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here