Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel when weve lost?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Depends, against city at home fair enough, destroyed by Villa after they copied west spam f***ing shit.

At home to Athens, I just felt a bit damp and tired.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Sad :(

When we lost to Man United in the FA Cup semi-final because of Solly's penalty miss I felt awful. However, it was nice to beat them at the AMEX ;)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Really depends on the opponent and the manner of defeat.

If we've lost to the better team on the day despite playing well then that's fine. It happens.

However if we've lost because we've not put in a shift then I can get pretty pissed off. Especially if the other team haven't played particularly well or have taken the piss with various nefarious dark arts.

But largely I try not to let it affect me too much these days. It is, after all, just 22 rich people kicking a ball around.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Still playing Vets football and small-sided games in my mid 50's as a defender, the amount of soft goals we give away frustrate the life out of me, City being a recent example....our RDZ game is in stark contrast to Potterall where we defended well, but couldn't score, prefer RDZ for the joy....I'm a bit "meh" after defeat, but am over it in a few hours...but my son, early 20's however, is moody for a couple of days....

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
try not to let it get to me too much. the last few years have been a new adjustment as i’ve had to get used to us losing whilst playing really well, when in previous decades we’ve usually just been a bit shit.

but those games where the opposition has three shots on target and scores three goals will never stop being infuriating. and the less said about games like spurs away, the better

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Depends on who and how

I’ve never been as furious as I was after the WBA away game where we missed two penalties

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Try not to be bothered by it, but am clearly very bothered by it. Catch myself being sulky and grumpy, and try to snap out of it as if I’m a fully grown adult, with only mixed success.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Philosophical. After all, whether Albion win or lose has no real bearing on my life at all. My motto is that if a loss bothers me for more than half an hour then I need a new interest. Share the joy, reject the sorrow. In the end it doesn't matter. There is always the cricket, the rugby and life.

We love it, but at the end of the day it's just twenty two men kicking a bag of air around a patch of grass.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Usually pi@@ed off on the day/evening, a plethora of NSCs posts lances the boil, then okay the next day.

Probably a longer hangover when it's the clubs I can't stand - the London clubs, Manure. Also annoyed for longer when I see manager/player blunders, on repeat in a game, gifting the points ....... AEK, West Ham. A painful watch almost in slow motion ..... raising questions in real time ..... why've we only got two in CM when they're bossing us with three, why's a fit Veltman not playing?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Really hard to work meself up into a state of existential angst over an Albion result. Never really did, to be honest. Just enjoy going to football. Same as it ever was

Not a trap question, until moving to Sussex, was your heart with another club?

In my experience many later Albion fans, some who cerebrally just love the sport, are more relaxed about it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here