Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about Albion’s January transfers?

How do you feel about Albion’s January transfer business

• Total voters

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mostly chilled, certainly didn't expect us to do more than we have, so fine on that score.

A bit sad to see BDB go, though, as I like his effort and versatility and feel he's a valuable squad member. And also feel we could have got £2/3m more for him, but it's not a biggie. It just pushes me into the 'a little disappointed' option.

And was interested in the Paraguyan lad, but if the money demands weren't palatable or even completely above-board, then I guess it's fair enough.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sad to see Dan Burn leave, but the price was right and he deserved the chance to play for the club he supports. With Roberts still here, I'd expect him to get chances now, which is perfect for our development strategy.

We have even more talent lined up for next season, so I'm chilled.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Pretty chilled.
At least we’ve made a few signings.
Take out the inevitable big spending of Saudi, the last minute panic, high risk buys at Everton and it’s been a quiet transfer window. Surprised to read how many clubs made no signings at all.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think we've done excellent business. Kozlowski will be in the first team squad or a higher level loan next season if the decision is made he's not quite ready yet. We've got some of the more promising younger players out on loans (Connolly, Richards, Scherpen) to gain experience and then come back to us for assessment. We've tied down a couple of other kids to longer contracts, Sarmiento in particular looks to have a lot of potential. Tom McGill must be highly rated to allow Scherpen out on loan, knowing that he'll be the cover and it's an excellent opportunity for him to be around the squad and train presumably full time with Sanchez and Steele.

Losing Dan Burn is disappointing but it's an excellent deal for the football club and it means that Haydon Roberts continues to get an opportunity in the match day squad and will presumably get some Premier League game time this season, especially if we're safe with 5 games to go. It also means that Van Hecke and Ostigard and maybe even Clarke will see a more realistic progression to the first team squad for next season - with Roberts unlikely to be a PL regular at 19 and more likely to be sent out on loan to learn the craft as they have been. I think it's important to show the young players we're signing that they can make it here, and selling Burn without replacing him shows that we will give these guys their opportunity if they work for it. I think it's been an excellent window and if Undav hits the ground running the summer, having had 6 months to prepare himself to make the move (getting accomodation sorted, a UK bank account, etc), it'll look a masterstroke.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I hope in years to come we don’t look back at this window as the one where we had it all to gain . Guess it depends who we lose in the summer and what the replacements are like .

I would of loved another striker to come in so we had real competition for the business end of the season .

Welbeck will get injured again but maybe Ferguson will be good enough .

We are doing brilliantly and the direction is good . Just a bit disappointed we seem reluctant to really show some ambition in the striker department .

Actually reckon Burnley striker would of been decent

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I am happy as much for who we kept....

We still kept Trossard and Bissouma and brought in a couple of real prospects

I have learned to trust the club I guess

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I am happy as much for who we kept....

We still kept Trossard and Bissouma and brought in a couple of real prospects

I have learned to trust the club I guess

Are you disappointed we kept Lamptey and Webster?:albion2:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I agree with the sentiments of others.

The 1st team is weaker than before the window. This alone is disappointing.

Caicedo has come in, Burn has been sold.
Sarmiento (in a few weeks) and Dunk are now fit again. And Bissouma is back from AFCON.
Clearly we’ve lost a key player but the squad has a lot of depth …it can survive some ins/outs (see Ben White)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Caicedo has come in, Burn has been sold.
Sarmiento (in a few weeks) and Dunk are now fit again. And Bissouma is back from AFCON.
Clearly we’ve lost a key player but the squad has a lot of depth …it can survive some ins/outs (see Ben White)

I agree completely.

I think we’ll still finish top 10 if Maupay or Welbeck stay fit. If they both get injured, I’d lose confidence in our ability to reach our best finish ever. However, the problem has already been resolved for next season with Undav plus one of Ferguson, Sima or Zeqiri bringing our 1st team striker list to four hopefully.

You forgot to mention Arce BTW……….

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
This summer could be really interesting with a number of players potentially coming in or returning from loans who could all play a part next season.

Sarmiento back from injury, Ferguson improving greatly, Undav just signed, Sima (hopefully recovered from injury), Zeqiri returning, Kozlowski, Mitoma, Caicedo, Ulrick Ella, Matt Clarke, Jan Paul Van Heck & Reda Khadra returning from Blackburn, Taylor Richards, Billy Acre and possibly one or two others I may have forgotten.

Pretty much all of the above fit our process of bringing on and developing younger players which is why I don't see us splashing large sums on any one individual for a while.

Plenty of potential there in my view. Yes, not all will make it, but certainly I have confidence a few will.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You forgot to mention Arce …….

I did . But unsure whats the story there. Either way he's not had a lot of game time recently. And his pathway to the first team is quite blocked (Sarmiento, March, Trossard, Mac Allister) so not sure if we'll see much of him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Meh

But I am looking forward immensely to see these youngsters play in the first team in 5 years time. I am beside myself with excitement

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've really got ahead of the curve for the summer transfer window now with Mitoma, Kozlowski and Undav already signed up to join the squad.

Good stuff.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Suppose I just hope we pull that striker out the bag to really push on and see how high we can finish this season. That Europa place is within reach

Not sure we are ready for that step up yet.

Our back up squad players are not up to that level.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Main thing was keeping Bissouma out of Villas dirty clutches. If that one had gone through I'd have probably stopped watching football!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Kept our core squad and didn't loose key players like sky sports :tosser: were reporting all season. Easy to say as it's not my money but would have been nice to 'go for it' and spend large and see how high we can get. Although that's not the Brighton way. Hopefully the squad will see this as the club having confidence in them and they finish the season as good as they started. Onwards and upwards. UTA.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Kind of what I expected, sad to see BDB leave but everything about the deal makes sense. Would have liked to see Enciso completed but maybe we’ll revisit in the summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No joy that we kept Biss and Lamptey?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here