Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about Albion’s January transfers?

How do you feel about Albion’s January transfer business

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The shortsightedness of some people on NSC is hilarious…

Our whole transfer policy is based around buying younger raw players, developing them either in house, or loaning them out.

Then we get the benefit or either players who are ready for the first team, or can be sold at a huge profit to then reinvest.

How can people not be excited at the prospect of Mitoma, Undav and Koslowski coming to the club in the summer? Why does everything have to be now now now?

Look at Moder and MacAllister - both went down that path and are now smashing it in our first team. White and Sanchez weren’t bought but we were patient and one is now one of the best keepers in the league, and the other sold for 50m (reinvested into the players above) and plays for England.

I am very happy with how we do business, and enjoy keeping my eye on the loanees to see how they are doing.

Not all these punts will work out - but some could be very exciting indeed!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The shortsightedness of some people on NSC is hilarious…

Our whole transfer policy is based around buying younger raw players, developing them either in house, or loaning them out.

Then we get the benefit or either players who are ready for the first team, or can be sold at a huge profit to then reinvest.

How can people not be excited at the prospect of Mitoma, Undav and Koslowski coming to the club in the summer? Why does everything have to be now now now?

Look at Moder and MacAllister - both went down that path and are now smashing it in our first team. White and Sanchez weren’t bought but we were patient and one is now one of the best keepers in the league, and the other sold for 50m (reinvested into the players above) and plays for England.

I am very happy with how we do business, and enjoy keeping my eye on the loanees to see how they are doing.

Not all these punts will work out - but some could be very exciting indeed!

One fascinating part of all this now for me at least is all the other games I can watch where there is Albion interest - good quality streamed U23 games and so many other games where we have loanees out. It’s brilliant :D

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s now a non event, for pretty much every club.

Do away with altogether. And enjoy watching car crashes like Saudi FC or Everton get their true comeuppance over a full season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Decent window but I do "worry" about letting Scherpen go on loan without recruiting a short term replacement.

Maybe we have a free agent lined up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Decent window but I do "worry" about letting Scherpen go on loan without recruiting a short term replacement.

Maybe we have a free agent lined up.

Maybe, but you can recall goalkeepers if there is an emergency.

Bit unfortunate it is Oostende as they wont pay any money for the deal but hopefully he gets a lot of game time.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
We have got to pray that maupay and welbeck stay fit until the end of season or otherwise we have got to play players out of position like trossard as a forward

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would be happier if we didn't keep signing players to loan out.
Can't we just keep one for the first team?

Almost word for word what l said on another thread, if for no other reason than l miss the excitement of reading about a new marquee signing in the transfer window.

Been some time now since that last happened.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have got to pray that maupay and welbeck stay fit until the end of season or otherwise we have got to play players out of position like trossard as a forward
16 more league games + the FA Cup.

A big opportunity for Ferguson, but at least 1 of Maupay or Welbeck could well be available for a lot of those fixtures.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sarmiento may be back soon, has also just signed a new contract until 2026. I have only just seen this

From the little I’ve seen of him he looks a very exciting prospect

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Went for "chilled".

Burn to Newcastle for 13 million is great business - for us.

Very happy with Undav but the loan back is a little frustrating (if understandable given where both clubs are in the table).

Keeping Biss is good for this season but probably drops his price in the summer.

The rest is all real "m'eh" stuff.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I’m torn between disappointment that, once again, we haven’t bolstered our forward options with a player we will see this season (not that I expected to see an incoming striker, it’s the hope that kills you I suppose), and satisfaction that we managed to keep hold of Bissouma and Lamptey.
Hang on,... that Billy boy is winging his way back as we speak,.... will get a chance to impress before he discovers the bright lights of the arcades and massage parlours downtown?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The general approach of our Club is clear: recruit young players with potential, develop them and/or send them out on loan while considering them for first team action...

I hope those who believed the model would be undermined in this transfer window are not too frustrated; the days of recruiting disappointing expensive 'marquee signings' such as Andone, Locadia, Jahanbakhsh are over - at least for the foreseeable future......

I am more concerned to know if we ended up keeping Dan Ashworth... is he staying? Have I missed something?

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Meh

Bottom line is the first team squad is weaker.

Good business maybe, good for BDB and Saudi FC.

I suppose TB/GP are happy we'll finish in a safe place and we'll see what happens in the summer.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I agree with the sentiments of others.

The 1st team is weaker than before the window. This alone is disappointing.

Missing put on Enciso was gutting, I thought we had him. This would have been the highest transfer in ever on Paraguay so his club will be gutted.

However, for the future, Kozlowski looks an amazing prospect and Undav is the perfect back-up for Maupay, in fact, he might be better at putting more routine chances away. This Boaty guy could go either way, I suspect that’s why he is only on loan.

It’s also good to tie players like Offiah (future back-up for Lamptey) and Sarmiento down for a good period.

Arce has been written off by some on NSC before he has ever played for the club, he could get the chance now, it’ll be very interesting indeed.

Lastly, I really really like Welbeck. I’m going to be really really frustrated when he gets injured again this season and we can’t replace him with another strong striker with pace who can hold the ball up and be dominant in the air. I suppose that will be Ferguson’s job but he is a boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here