Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you assess Ben White, so far?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Its still early days for Ben at this level, but I've always felt 30m and we should have cashed in.

Nothing has suggested otherwise so far, we still need that striker and big Shane didn't need to go up there.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Nobody noticed Rashford putting Spurs defenders on their arse then. That only happens to Ben White.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I am no expert on Brighton, and (as this board well knows) a dullard and an idiot.

Could you tell me how many times you have played City since you got promoted, and how many points you have taken from them?

As for you finishing above Leeds, sure you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk? Let's reconvene on NSC at the end of the season and see how your prediction fared.

Is that a date?

This is a Peo team so low on confidence that they just concede 5 goals (a first for Pep) to a team who just got thumped 3-0 by West Ham, they’re massively out of form, yes it’s still a great point but you didn’t just draw with Man City in their pomp, if they were you would have been 4-0 inside half hour.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Man marking no good these days then? All those years it worked quite well but now we just stand on a zone. All the opposition have to do is stand away from the zone and guess what? They score. :facepalm:

I was only mansplaining zonal marking because you asked what it was. FWIW I think a mixture of the two would be good with, crucially, man marking in set pieces.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am no expert on Brighton, and (as this board well knows) a dullard and an idiot.

Could you tell me how many times you have played City since you got promoted, and how many points you have taken from them?

As for you finishing above Leeds, sure you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk? Let's reconvene on NSC at the end of the season and see how your prediction fared.

Is that a date?

If you'll agree to bugger off and stay away until then, he might do you a deal ..........................

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I wanted him to come to Leeds, but seeing how brilliantly Koch has settled into the Bielsa system, now playing better than White last year against far superior strikers, I am glad we got him for 13 million Euros, rather than spunking 30 million quid on White (or however much our final offer was). Koch was immense against City yesterday, White at fault for three of Everton's goals. Three of our back four against City cost £2 million combined. But they have been coached by Bielsa and only conceded once against one of the top teams in Europe bought for scores of millions

That offer of ours was much more than he was worth, you could have trousered the inflated price and bought a top class striker with the money. Something you needed far more than another central defender, of which you had an embarrassment of riches.

You screwed up.

I would have taken the £30m for White and not spunked it on a striker, rather keep it to secure the club and avoid the employee redundancies that Barber talks about due to covid.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Is that a date?

Tad disrespectful as we've been in the Prem for 4 years now while you have played 4 games in it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When White goes to a top 6 club for silly money or plays for England I’ll bounce this thread and announce myself a better knowledge of football than half of you :thumbsup:

Still waiting to see where the error was as I didn’t see one :shrug:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
When White goes to a top 6 club for silly money or plays for England I’ll bounce this thread and announce myself a better knowledge of football than half of you :thumbsup:

Still waiting to see where the error was as I didn’t see one :shrug:

Agreed. Calvert Lewin trod on his heel. Although it was accidental it could have easily have been given as a foul (see Connolly pen last season). It wasn’t. Hey ho.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
This.

Manager wayyyy too arrogant against the big boys

Why not just play our flashy gung ho football against 11th placed team and below. Why oh why do we have to try and go toe to toe with better teams. Surely theres a middle ground

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

You are spot on, the same applies to goalkeeper playing short balls to his defenders

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Just a thought, should we have bitten Leeds arm off at £30m for White ? Watching them yesterday , there's no way they are going to be relegation rivals ! White hasn't set the world alight !

boik

Re Leeds 'impresive' start; I can't help being reminded of Huddersfield and Norwichs first few games. Probably got better players, but I'm sure other teams will come up with a plan. The PL season always unfolds as it goes. If they get to the end with continued good results then fair play to them.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just a thought, should we have bitten Leeds arm off at £30m for White ? Watching them yesterday , there's no way they are going to be relegation rivals ! White hasn't set the world alight !

We don't need the money as yet, and the boy is destined for big things, why hand someone else a golden egg for 20 beans.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This.

Why not just play our flashy gung ho football against 11th placed team and below. Why oh why do we have to try and go toe to toe with better teams. Surely theres a middle ground

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

So in his first season, thrashing Spurs, double over Arsenal, draw v Chelsea; 10 pts, that compares badly as a record against the top 6 does it?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Sent from my SM-G977N without using common sense

So your kinda against the manager then, thinking he is arrogant, and advocate attacking teams below 11th place only....

As was plain to see that is exactly what we did against 16th placed Man United and very nearly got something outta the game, you have a point.
Can't wait until we play 14th placed Man City :lolol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Is that a date?

Yeah. So now **** off until the end of the season you tedious bore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here