[Albion] How do you assess Ben White, so far?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Can some of you just reassure me here that my eyes are ok and I’m not in positive cuckoo land - Ben White has been really good this season right? Ball playing centre half with huge potential and talent. Fantastic passer and slotted into the system so well - 4 prem league games right? Am I right normal fans who are balanced?!

Agreed. I think he looks great and will only get better.

This is a thread that I'm surprised exists tbh.

Ben White shouldn't be cast as the scapegoat. Nor should any other player.

We have stuff to work on as a team - particularly corners and set pieces (defensive and attacking). But that's it, as a team.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can some of you just reassure me here that my eyes are ok and I’m not in positive cuckoo land - Ben White has been really good this season right? Ball playing centre half with huge potential and talent. Fantastic passer and slotted into the system so well - 4 prem league games right? Am I right normal fans who are balanced?!

BT Sports commentators said more than once that he was having / had had a good game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
BT Sports commentators said more than once that he was having / had had a good game.

Is that a good thing? If there’s one thing that unites NSC it’s near universal condemnation of TV commentators and pundits, who frankly, don’t know what they’re talking about. By that assessment, he must have been shite then?!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Personally I'm not prepared to write him off after 4 premier league games. Especially when 3 of them were against Chelsea, Man U and a new look expensive, coached by a legend of the game Everton.

Each to their own though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Dear Ben,
If you are reading this thread please do not feel upset by some of the comments.
You will find that there are certain posters who will criticise you/the team whatever you do.
You could score 3 goals and make 3 clearances from the line in a single game and there would still be those who find fault.
You are doing great, you are young, it’s your first season in the Premier League and you will get better and better.
Regards, Petunia

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
For [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION]? You can have him for free.

In fact, there's about 2,000 posters on here will drive him to Leeds themselves.

A bit too far for you and me though:lol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yep Wtf is the zone marking all about?

It's about marking a zone rather than a player so the team can keep it's formation tight. Didn't you know?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Seems like a few people are disagreeing with this so just thought I’d say I totally agree. United have so much pace they are lethal on the counter attack. They have struggled in a lot of games against teams who get men behind the goal. If you try and out-football them it doesn’t tend to work. Palace are perfectly set up to play United.

Chelsea and City, on the other hand, have their major vulnerabilities in the centre of defence so the way to beat them is to go after them.

You're not going to win many games if your men are behind the goal.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I think it will come good, but I have to say it is odd to see the opposition attacking and think "oh no" when for the last few seasons I had confidence in the defence. But then again it's probably confirmation bias and rose coloured glasses, I was hoping for a very accomplished team this season, which to an extent we are moving towards, so conceding goals and not winning gives the impression that the defence is worse than before.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think it will come good, but I have to say it is odd to see the opposition attacking and think "oh no" when for the last few seasons I had confidence in the defence. But then again it's probably confirmation bias and rose coloured glasses, I was hoping for a very accomplished team this season, which to an extent we are moving towards, so conceding goals and not winning gives the impression that the defence is worse than before.

It may be confirmation bias but I think we have been known for our tight defence.

A couple of people posted about the transition to back three and also a more zonal strategy. If you couple this with the fact that we are playing top 6 teams with top 6 players I think it explains our predicament better than the idea that suddenly our players can't play any more.

Give them a bit of time.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
A ludicrous thread.

An exciting young English talent stepping up for his first season in elite football and we have dumbass negative topics like this.

Some of you really need to get a grip.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
A ludicrous thread.

An exciting young English talent stepping up for his first season in elite football and we have dumbass negative topics like this.

Some of you really need to get a grip.

Yep.... a large percentage of the posters on here really need to get a grip.

We got beaten by a better team, whilst making a few individual errors.

I’d argue we were still 500% better than our 3 previous trips to Goodison whilst we have been in the PL and against the best Everton side we have faced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports