Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you assess Ben White, so far?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was saying it. I said it before , during and after the game. We played into man u's hands last week.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

We will be playing into all the big teams hands, but we’ll improve. The results would likely be the same however we played. Are you sure you’re following the right club?

I watch/go to football to be entertained and I am being. You talk like we should be turning teams like United, Chelsea and Everton over

I would follow someone else if I wanted some glory following them

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can some of you just reassure me here that my eyes are ok and I’m not in positive cuckoo land - Ben White has been really good this season right? Ball playing centre half with huge potential and talent. Fantastic passer and slotted into the system so well - 4 prem league games right? Am I right normal fans who are balanced?!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
What we lost with Duffy was a presence at the back, an intimidating aura which sometimes was vital and might have been today.
White & Webster are a work in progress and IMO need to sit out certain games and bring in the more experienced Burn & Veltman

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Can some of you just reassure me here that my eyes are ok and I’m not in positive cuckoo land - Ben White has been really good this season right? Ball playing centre half with huge potential and talent. Fantastic passer and slotted into the system so well - 4 prem league games right? Am I right normal fans who are balanced?!

My eyes are working just the same as yours Sheebo.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I posted in the summer that we should have taken the £30m for Leeds and I stand by it.

Not because White is a bad player. Far from it. He’s obviously very talented and will have a good career.

For me, it was all about playing the odds. I felt that he was so hyped up simply because he played for Leeds and the media is utterly obsessed with them. If he had spent last season with Brentford or Cardiff or Forest, no way does he come back with even 20% of the reputation he has. And no way is anyone offering £30m for him on the back of a spell with any of those clubs.

So back to the odds. What are the odds that playing in our defence this season will allow him to go on to be worth substantially more than £30m? After all, that’s surely the only reason to keep him. I think it’s highly unlikely, perhaps a 1 in 10 shot. Far more likely is that he will do OK, nothing special but not bad either. And his value will plateau around the £20m mark.

It was my belief in July, and still is, that we would be better off having sold White, bought a £30m attacker with the money, and have another Veltman-like signing in the defence.

Agree with every word of that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yes, your eyes are perfectly ok.
I could have named the miserablists in this thread before I even opened it. A few of them have been doing this since Nsc started. It doesn’t matter if we’re in League 2 or the Prem, they’ll always find something or someone to koan about, usually both.
A young bloke, just 4 games at this level, has made mistakes. That’s football. He’ll learn and improve because he is talented.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I did think he had his heel clipped but need to see it back.
Yes, I wondered that too - would have been worth a second look by VAR, I would have thought. Probably not a pen though .................. unless it had been Dunk or Webster catching Maguire before jumping above him, of course ...............................

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Was expecting big things from him this season after all the hype from Leeds but quite frankly he looks shit and i think we'd have been better off letting Leeds have him and keeping Duffy. No way would we have lost that today with Duffy in the team.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
He’s a young player who’s only played 4 Premier League games. He’ll get better and better. The one thing he doesn’t need right now is to be slagged off. Yes, the defence needs to improve especially at set pieces but give the kid a break.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

great reader of the game too

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Was expecting big things from him this season after all the hype from Leeds but quite frankly he looks shit and i think we'd have been better off letting Leeds have him and keeping Duffy. No way would we have lost that today with Duffy in the team.

:lol:

Jimmy Grimble

Sometimes I wonder what it was like when we were bad in League One on here. Then I remember it was the same chronic posters then, just like it’s the exact same noises from a crowd of nobodies again X years later.

Same as it was, same as it’ll ever be.

Fortunately these people aren’t in the local pubs of Brighton, they’re confined to their bedrooms and a desperate link to the Internet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here