Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How crucial do you think playing the second leg at home is?

How crucial do you think playing the second leg at home

• Very important it's the edge we need

Votes: 74 59.7%
  • Not important home field advantage doesn't count for much in the play-offs.

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Does it really matter, we'll win/lose whatever

Votes: 29 23.4%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
our home is outstanding at moment thats why we want the second leg at home

But we'll play one game at home regardless. Why do you think the order is important?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In what way ?

If it was the Amex then half the ground would be empty for extra time !!!
If the second match is at Selhurst the ground will be half empty at kick off.

Last edited:

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I wonder whether it matters. I dont think a 0-0 draw would be bad for us at home in the first leg.

We are decidedly better when sides try and take a positive approach against us.

Arguble away first leg and lose 1-0 and then face a side that will fancy a park the bus approach is a worse scenario than first leg at the Amex, a 0-0 draw and then play away against a side that feel they have to attack us.

BUt then I will likely wake up in the morning and feel different.

Who knows. I just dont feel its a big deal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder whether it matters. I dont think a 0-0 draw would be bad for us at home in the first leg.

We are decidedly better when sides try and take a positive approach against us.

Arguble away first leg and lose 1-0 and then face a side that will fancy a park the bus approach is a worse scenario than first leg at the Amex, a 0-0 draw and then play away against a side that feel they have to attack us.

BUt then I will likely wake up in the morning and feel different.

Who knows. I just dont feel its a big deal.

Agree.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But we'll play one game at home regardless. Why do you think the order is important?
I think the pitch, size & condition could play an important part, for us.
I don't think any team would want to turn up needing a goal.

Whereas I think we are more than capable of scoring at home and not conceding at their place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Obviously especially the way this division has panned out, this season, one team could be 20-0 up by half time of the first leg, making this whole thread redundant.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
After thinking about this a little, I've decided we want to be playing at home first.

They'll come to us to attack and score, and hopefully we can then get the home advantage and pick them apart. If we are winning going into the second leg, they will have to attack us from the off, trying to score several goals. That will surely be an advantage considering our style.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Home leg second please.

Win the first leg 1.0... then really turn on the style at a rammer jammed Amex as the away teams desperately throws players forward and we pick them off with the sweetest of ease. 5.0 aggregate victory... and we drink the stadium dry.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It would be great to have the deciding game at home but I'm not sure it makes that much difference. You can think of all sorts of scenarios in which the level of advantage given varies. One of my least favoured scenarios is a narrow defeat in an away leg followed by our opponents successfully parking the bus at the Amex. Also a win away in the first leg can cause some uncertainty as to how to play the home leg.

and I can certainly see Bolton doing that!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After the past two days I am of the opinon we should play our first game at home, smash the opponents out of sight and then chill in the second game and conserve our energy for the final. What do you think?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Home leg second is better purely from the point of view if it goes to penalties. Other than that I wouldn't worry either way. We still need Millwall or Blackburn to do us a favour to give us a chance of being 4th!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone mentioned the Sunday 12:30 kick off time for the match A second leg tie (all others 7:45). Presuming they will decide after May 4 who plays where, this has got BHA v Palace written all over it. Worst scenario surely Bolton away with a 5:30am departure.
I know it's 3v6 and 4v5 but if we get Palace then it will be match one.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not significant - win the first leg at home, then the team with the joint best defensive record in the league can park the bus in the away leg

D

Deleted member 2719

We've been in the play-offs twice before, and played home-away (91) and away-home (04).

We still made it through.

This. Why panic, as long a Gus has a positive home team i can not see any reason why it will matter.

Just a 6-1 at home first leg should do it.:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:bounce: I'd forgotten about this one.

Now it's here, and I guess we may well see this thread Saturday morning, is everyone happy with their vote?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here