Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How big is Mitoma back in Japan

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
As just mentioned in the mods WhatsApp group, visitors to NSC from Japan this week were up 571% on this time last year.

I doubt they were all trying to keep up with Caicedo-gate.
But he's no Percy Tau is he ? :whistle:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why have we not adapted either of these as his song?

Japanese Boy

Mister, can you tell me where your ball has gone?
He's our Japanese boy
You woke up one morning, and your ball was gone
He's our Japanese boy
Ooh, you missed our Japanese boy

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why have we not adapted either of these as his song?

Big in Japan

It's easy when you're big in Japan
Oh, when you're big in Japan, tonight
Big in Japan, be right
Big in Japan, where we play in white and blue
Big in Japan, alright
Play, then he'll run by your side
Things are easy when you're big in Japan
Oh, when you're big in Japan

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
He is getting very big here in Japan.

Now more than 80 Japanese footballers are playing in Europe (many are in Germany = Bundesliga 1st division), but he is currently the most popular Japanese footballer here in Japan. I think there are mainly 4 reasons. 1: He is a very fun to watch footballer with his dribbling. 2: He is playing in the world's very top football league =EPL. 3: His character (I mean, most professional footballers are a bit "strange" seen from average Japanese people, but he is very "natural", being nicely humble, modest, polite and frank at the same time). 4: He is good looking (handsome) seen from Japanese women. His older brother is actually an actor (not famous actor even in Japan, though).

Mitoma =left. His older brother = right.

collage78868688677577575868686.jpg

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Now more than 80 Japanese footballers are playing in Europe (many are in Germany = Bundesliga 1st division), but he is currently the most popular Japanese footballer here in Japan. I think there are mainly 4 reasons. 1: He is a very fun to watch footballer with his dribbling. 2: He is playing in the world's very top football league =EPL. 3: His character (I mean, most professional footballers are a bit "strange" seen from average Japanese people, but he is very "natural", being nicely humble, modest, polite and frank at the same time). 4: He is good looking (handsome) seen from Japanese women. His older brother is actually an actor (not famous actor even in Japan, though).

I never knew he had a famous brother. You learn something new every day :)

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
I never knew he had a famous brother. You learn something new every day :)

Haha, quite many people say the actor is Mitoma's brother, but I have never heard Mitoma say the actor is his brother, so it's not 100% yet. And, as I wrote, the actor is not famous (I didn't know him till many people started saying the actor is Mitoma's older brother). Anyway, Mitoma is big and popular enough to be in this kind of tv program.

Last edited:

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
As you may already guess / know, I'm a Japanese football fan. I can provide some information about him and other Japanese footballers with this forum. However, I don't want to "contaminate" this beautiful Brighton forum, so I won't over-post here. If you have some questions about Mitoma or Japanese football / footballers, ask me, I'll try to answer:)

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As you may already guess / know, I'm a Japanese football fan. I can provide some information about him and other Japanese footballers with this forum. However, I don't want to "contaminate" this beautiful Brighton thread, so I won't over-post here. If you have some questions about Mitoma or Japanese football / footballers, ask me, I'll try to answer:)
I think this is exactly the thread for you. you won't be contaminating it!

Are you living in Japan or overseas?

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023

This is the latest volume (2023 March edition) of a Japanese monthly football magazine Soccer King. Mitoma is "big enough" to be on its cover here in Japan(y).
FpA597jakAIjXYt

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Anyone attending the last few home games cannot have failed to notice the sheer number of Japanese fans we suddenly have, my point being some of the guys were in the north stand videoing us singing the Mitoma song and joining in with huge smiles.
As the only Japanese guy in our league with the ability to tear the other teams apart ( Leicester,Liverpool,Bourmemouth) just how big a super star is he in his own country ?
I very much doubt those Japanese people live in Japan….

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
One thing I have noticed is his English is very good, especially compared to a lot of Japanese players that have played in Europe.

It's great we're getting these Japanese fans over and supporting the club. I just hope that they don't go in a home end at the wrong club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
One thing I have noticed is his English is very good, especially compared to a lot of Japanese players that have played in Europe.

It's great we're getting these Japanese fans over and supporting the club. I just hope that they don't go in a home end at the wrong club.
I'm guessing he might have studied some at the university and then later on during the year in USG

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This is the latest volume (2023 March edition) of a Japanese monthly football magazine Soccer King. Mitoma is "big enough" to be on its cover here in Japan(y).
FpA597jakAIjXYt
That appears to be all about the Albion, not just Mitoma, with a report on Bloom and De Zerbi as well as the bits on Ally Mac and Estupinian.

I might try and find a copy and then spend the next six months trying to read it...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I got off the train at Southampton on Saturday night there were a couple of Japanese girls on the platform. As I passed them I said “Mitoma!” with a thumbs up sign. They looked at me as if I was a complete idiot - they were right! :down:
Probably students with zero interest in football :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here