HORSEMEAT-Crikey!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I hope that this means that in future my burgers will contain 100% horse meat?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The real point is that if horse meat can get in the food unnoticed, what else can? And what chemicals has the meat been injected with?

LE19

I find it amusing that so many people are outraged about the idea of eating horses, as they were only intending to eat a cow.

Would you find it amusing if non-food shops sold you goods that weren't as described? Swap a Nokia for an iPhone, maybe? It's still a phone isn't it?

I see nothing wrong with eating horse meat, but I want to know what I'm buying, and I want to know that it's of good quality. If the retailers don't know what it is, they probably don't know where it came from, or whether it's full of drugs. I doubt it would conform to the usual food standards.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
the way i see it is if it tastes nice, who cares? :shrug:

The reason to care is that the food industry needs to ensure that the food they produce is fit for human consuption. I'm not saying that horse meat isn't, but there are laws about what animals can be fed on or injected with when they are to be part of the food chain. If the horsemeat does not comply with these laws then it shouldn't be sold to the public. It certainly shouldn't be sold to the public as something else - in this case beef. We don't know if the horses were diseased and rotting before entering the food chain. They *probably* weren't, but 'probably' isn't good enough.

I'm not against eating horse, or any other type of meat as long as it isn't human or from an endangered species, but people should have the correct information provided by the producer and retailer to make an informed decision.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I propose we start a petition to get 100% horse meat in products, tastes lovely

Does that include the traces of drugs found too
slap_zps7f12c480.gif

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No wonder I keep getting the trots.

Asda seem's to be doing a very good job by covering up and recalling a few products.
hmm.gif.photo

By taking products off sale so they cannot be sold ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But no mention to why they recalling them.

- - - Updated - - -

rofl.gif

And cheap too

There will be a recall notice either outside or at the front of the store explaining why a product has been recalled by the manufacturer , eg allergy alert , contamination , health and safety.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Horsemeat is eaten as a delicacy in some countries, the worry should be how shops have got away with falsly labelling a product and how long this has been going on for.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The real point is that if horse meat can get in the food unnoticed, what else can? And what chemicals has the meat been injected with?
Indeed. At one level it doesn't really matter if it's horse, beef or brontosaurus; it's the principle that's important. We need to be able to trust the label and trust the 'provenance'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports