Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hooray !! John Terry's contract not being re-newed

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogQ31ergU_8

It didn't take me long to find this.
He even has the audacity to fake a quick injury due to the impeding whistle but then runs back in case the ref doesn't blow. Then complains.

One tackle over a career and that makes him a disgusting player!?!?

Richard Carpenter is despised at Reading for breaking some mush's leg was he disgusting player? Lewis Dunk was sent off at QPR for a tackle far worse than that. He he a disgusting player? Gordan Greer moans about nearly every decision given against him. Is he a disgusting player?

Regardless of what anyone thinks about Terry for what has gone on off the field and in the case of the Rio Ferdinand incident on it he was and in my opinion continues to be a great player who I'd love to have in my side. I would still personally have him in my England side. Just look at what the bloke has won.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
One tackle over a career and that makes him a disgusting player!?!?

Richard Carpenter is despised at Reading for breaking some mush's leg was he disgusting player? Lewis Dunk was sent off at QPR for a tackle far worse than that. He he a disgusting player? Gordan Greer moans about nearly every decision given against him. Is he a disgusting player?

Regardless of what anyone thinks about Terry for what has gone on off the field and in the case of the Rio Ferdinand incident on it he was and in my opinion continues to be a great player who I'd love to have in my side. I would still personally have him in my England side. Just look at what the bloke has won.

I wasn't going to put up all his career on here, it was one example. It's just my opinion.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
This may come as a surprise, perhaps, but I have a lot of time for Terry (and I grew up with Leeds as my second team - enough said . . .). It seems to me that whenever Terry is interviewed he comes across extremely well. Many of his performances on the pitch, especially his willingness to rejoin the fray after being clobbered and taken off, have been admirable. As for his family, parking his car in the disabled section, even the on field remarks that got him into trouble . . . . I'm not anywhere near as bothered as I might be. I don't know him, and can only judge what I see. John Terry, has brought a massive amount to the game with his performances and leadership, and since that's all I really have to go on (how can we 'know' about him, as a man, really and truly, and why should we be able to do so?), that's all I can base my attitude on. For different reasons, I also have a huge amount of time for Joey Barton. Good job the thumbs down feature has been switched off. So, yes, here is one non Chelsea fan who likes Terry.

pps, Alf, it is 'prevailing' view, not 'prevalent :wink:
:thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wasn't going to put up all his career on here, it was one example. It's just my opinion.

Can't stand Terry myself, for all many reasons, but I'm sure you could take most players and find evidence of a dreadful challenge at some stage. One by Dale Stephens on a Huddersfield player (while Stephens was still at Charlton) springs to mind.

That itself doesn't make Terry a massive twunt. John Terry makes John Terry a massive twunt :thumbsup:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No, the best I can do it to not waste my time finding random internet videos of thugs who are good at football just to retort to a chelsea fan on a brighton fan's forum. Or at least it's a start anyway . . . . .
You failed there then, you already have....................

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It does seem a bit irrational that people hate him so much. Is it really just because he shagged "nice guy" Wayne Bridge's missus?

In football terms he's got all the attributes that fans usually lap up - one club player, great leader and willing to put his body on the line when he plays. I'm sure a lot of the dislike is superficial, the majority of english people seem to like your average nice guy, mild mannered and middle class celebrity like Michael Owen or Gary Lineker.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Didn't John Terry's brother, who played for Rushden and Diamonds (i think), cheat with his Team mates wife too?

It was the keeper I think. Sadly he was never able to get over what Paul 'Terry and his wife got up to and sadly committed suicide.

Horrible family.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It does seem a bit irrational that people hate him so much. Is it really just because he shagged "nice guy" Wayne Bridge's missus?

In football terms he's got all the attributes that fans usually lap up - one club player, great leader and willing to put his body on the line when he plays. I'm sure a lot of the dislike is superficial, the majority of english people seem to like your average nice guy, mild mannered and middle class celebrity like Michael Owen or Gary Lineker.
And Ryan Giggs, shagged his brothers wife for years , beat his girlfriend up, but doesnt attract any of the vitriol that terry does , highlights just how stupid some people are.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Destroys ? Very easy to do that when somebody can't answer back, especially from a paragon of virtue like frankie Boyle who makes public jokes about handicapped children , if ever there was a case of the pot calling the kettle black......

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't stand Terry myself, for all many reasons, but I'm sure you could take most players and find evidence of a dreadful challenge at some stage. One by Dale Stephens on a Huddersfield player (while Stephens was still at Charlton) springs to mind.

That itself doesn't make Terry a massive twunt. John Terry makes John Terry a massive twunt :thumbsup:

Well, Dunk killed Billy Sharpe remember! There was a murder enquiry and everything...or at least it was nearly murder according to some witnesses...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Destroys ? Very easy to do that when somebody can't answer back, especially from a paragon of virtue like frankie Boyle who makes public jokes about handicapped children , if ever there was a case of the pot calling the kettle black......

How comes you're sticking up for a racist, sly, two faced, over rated piece of crap?

Of all the users, you'd have been the last person I'd imagine defending poor old JT. You've really shocked me with this, I thought better of you.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My reasons for hating JT do not include any horror tackles, play acting, referee crowding or general gamesmanship, all of which he has been guilty of. Nor does his proven racist behaviour particularly bother me; it was an isolated incident and his apology (whilst late, after trying to wrangle off the hook) was certainly genuine.

No, the reason I hate John Terry - and I do absolutely HATE him - is purely for the full kit celebrations when he wasn't even on the bench. Inexcusable.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
How comes you're sticking up for a racist, sly, two faced, over rated piece of crap?

Of all the users, you'd have been the last person I'd imagine defending poor old JT. You've really shocked me with this, I thought better of you.
what on earth are you on about ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This lynching of John Terry is baffling. As Alf illustrated, Giggs has plenty of form, yet he's treated disproportionately better, by those of us to like to chatter. A case of playing the man and not the ball, here, I'd say.

Mind you, I did snicker at the Frankie Boyle clip, though. Albeit because it is typical Boyle schtik, and is funny, not because it made me cheer as well as laugh (like I cheered and laughed at the Spitting Image Ronald Reagan sketch).

The Full Kit Wanker episode was also funny, too, let's face it. As was hearing Joey Barton being interviewed (as a Marseille player), putting on a mild French accent. You can take empathizing a step too far :lolol:

As Mrs Tackle always tells me, nuance and context are everything.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I changed my opinion of him after the Chelsea pre season friendly 3 years ago or whenever it was. Chelsea came back on the the pitch warming down. Terry must have signed autographs and spoke to every kid waiting around pitch side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here