Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway post match....

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Question for you.
How long before the 7k plastics that have turned out this season, start to drift away and how many more pointless games will it take before the fans start to turn against Holloway?

It depends, provided we are still actually having a go and not just rolling over. Also in my opinion he needs to find the best eleven and stick with them obviously allowing for injuries etc. I still do not think we are in as much trouble as you lot seem to think, its certainly not over yet.
As for our plastics, BHA have been improving pretty much year on year, what happens when that stops and you have a bad season?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
No need to be so defeatist about Brighton reaching the top tier. It'll happen soon, whether you like it or not.

I think you will find that there are other teams in the championship who have the same idea and dare I say it have a lot more chance than BHA do.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think you will find that there are other teams in the championship who have the same idea and dare I say it have a lot more chance than BHA do.

There are Championship clubs spending a fortune in a desperate bid for promotion which is making it a very uneven playing field but fortunately as we have seen not all of them find that instant success can be bought.

There is still (just) room for a sensible Club like B&HA to gazump them, but it isn't getting any easier under FFP. I think promotion would be so much sweeter knowing that it hasn't been bought with parachute money or just in a sh*t or bust spending frenzy.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Brighton fans have taken a lot of stick from palace on here for our increasing attendances. Now it appears we will be criticised when they fall.

Can't win.

Personally I do not think plastics are a bad thing, as it is money coming into the club. But the hinest ones admit when they have them.

Oh I was not critiscising I was merely saying, dont be so mellodramatc

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
There are Championship clubs spending a fortune in a desperate bid for promotion which is making it a very uneven playing field but fortunately as we have seen not all of them find that instant success can be bought.

There is still (just) room for a sensible Club like B&HA to gazump them, but it isn't getting any easier under FFP. I think promotion would be so much sweeter knowing that it hasn't been bought with parachute money or just in a sh*t or bust spending frenzy.

It baffles me how BHA are not one off the better of clubs, with youre attendances

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
So it's OK to have plastics now? Hinestly.

Who cares, but its nice to be able to admit it. The only time it would bother me is if they spoilt my enjoyment of watching my team. Now it may surprise you to know that other Palace fans may no agree with me, different people have different opinions

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So funny to see all those Palacestics leaving Smellhurst with 10 minutes left :lolol:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Who cares, but its nice to be able to admit it. The only time it would bother me is if they spoilt my enjoyment of watching my team. Now it may surprise you to know that other Palace fans may no agree with me, different people have different opinions

The so called "plastics" are hardly likely to spoil the enjoyment of long time fans - quite the reverse. The fuller the stadium the greater the atmosphere. I think we should all encourage as many people as possible to come to games, whatever their motivation or level of support for the teams playing.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
It baffles me how BHA are not one off the better of clubs, with youre attendances

We had operating losses of £8m which we are working very hard to rein in and operate within FFP rules. Yet I suggest we are still probably one of the 'better off' Clubs in the Championship if you disregard the artificial existence of those Clubs receiving parachute payments (I think someone on here suggested there are 13 Clubs receiving/eligible for some form of parachute payment!). Plus there are those other Clubs like Forest with owners who are spending a fortune on players despite FFP.

I would be amazed if any of the remaining Clubs who are now looking to exist within their own means (B&HA included) are actually breaking even financially. At least with our attendance levels / ST numbers we are generating decent (but probably not quite enough) income, whereas many clubs are not. Imagine our finances if we only had 15k average crowds.

Palace are an example of many Clubs that could not exist on their gate receipts and not having huge commercial income so are having to live off other peoples money. Fortunately you now have a timely Prem money windfall so CPFC 2010 have not had to dig even deeper into their personal pockets to keep you afloat. Its interesting that last season CPFC 2010 opted to cash in on your best asset (Zaha) rather than keep him and have to inject more of their own money.

I would have been more concerned about our financial plight if we had recently sold Bridcutt, Ulloa, Barnes etc to balance the books - so it speaks volumes that we did not. Mind you I don't think that will stop other Clubs sniffing around them in January, and ultimately everyone has their price. Tony Bloom hasn't splashed the cash on more players instead we have done some prudent loan deals plus Oscar has given the youngsters a chance which is proving to be a shrewd move. Under FFP it will be all about using resources more efficiently and optimising home grown talent. Under FFP it makes sense for Tony Bloom to invest in assets like the training ground which will strengthen our position in the medium and long term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here