Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway Gone

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Who went to the 1991 first leg massacre (sadly no Holloway involved)?

My memory is a bit hazy but I'm sure they scored first. North Stand was very buzzy and a little edgy that day, probably because we all anticipated some après party fireworks....

99% sure they scored first. Think Mark Barham equalised soon after with the three goals in about ten minutes all coming in the second half.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was there and remember Millwall scored first. I remember being pleased that two of our black players (Small and Codner)had scored as Millwall were (predictably) coming out with a lot of racist crap. I was in the south stand and loads of them were in there too. I recall them proudly holding up a copy of the Argus with the headline about a club in Eastbourne that they'd trashed the night before.
Likewise I was in the south ..top game

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I remember the vermin trying to invade the pitch when we scored our third or fourth and O.B. dragging of one of them, who was at least sixty, in a coat that was so big on him, he looked as if he had worn it for a bet

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I was there and remember Millwall scored first. I remember being pleased that two of our black players (Small and Codner)had scored as Millwall were (predictably) coming out with a lot of racist crap. I was in the south stand and loads of them were in there too. I recall them proudly holding up a copy of the Argus with the headline about a club in Eastbourne that they'd trashed the night before.

Yes a few of them in the north too, down the front behind the goal.

Those were the days the term 'it was only a minority of idiots who spoiled it for the rest' wasn't applicable. I saw them I'm the late eighties a couple of times when a Millwall loving workmate (bit of a hooli-curious type, who I never saw again post-eighties) badgered me to go. They were ALL morons; the most racist, vile types. I felt like I'd landed on another planet, surrounded by another species entirely...

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
99% sure they scored first. Think Mark Barham equalised soon after with the three goals in about ten minutes all coming in the second half.

They did score first, i remember as thats when we reaslised that a group of around 50 or so were in the north stand with us. right at the front towards the old away corner, total carnage. The rest of the game was pure magic, an incredable turnaround

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Yes a few of them in the north too, down the front behind the goal.

Bloody loads of Millwall in the North Stand that day, in fact they seemed to have a whole block on the left side as you came in. From memory there were stewards/police forming a makeshift segregation line but there were so many it genuinely seemed that Millwall had been allocated part of the stand. It made for a very edgy atmosphere though they went quiet as our goals started going in.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Bloody loads of Millwall in the North Stand that day, in fact they seemed to have a whole block on the left side as you came in. From memory there were stewards/police forming a makeshift segregation line but there were so many it genuinely seemed that Millwall had been allocated part of the stand. It made for a very edgy atmosphere though they went quiet as our goals started going in.

See them here!! How can it be 25 years ago. Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgj80VApPOg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJyaX_o8Q1g

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

If I had a magic lamp and a willing genie, I'd gladly sacrifice one of my three wishes to ask for a giant banner with this on to be passed over the heads of the Albion support at the Den, just as Holloway has been dismissed from the dugout by the referee for whining too much and is making his way up to the stand, where a freshly printed P45 is waiting.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I genuinely hadn't realised the date of the Millwall game. How joyful it would be if history repeated itself (this time with no chance of any comeback later on).

He's a gibbering buffoon: I hope he gets fired, ideally by a highly impersonal text message, just as Chris O'Grady slots in his third and Albion's fourth of the night. I know. That makes me a bad person, right?

Yeah right...still chuntering on about that night at the AMEX, aren't you really..
and how exactly was Gus fired afterwards?

I hope, young lady, that you are never discharged of your paid responsibilities in the same fashion.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah right...still chuntering on about that night at the AMEX, aren't you really..
and how exactly was Gus fired afterwards?

I hope, young lady, that you are never discharged of your paid responsibilities in the same fashion.

Is there anything about this thread title that suggests it's a Crystal Palace topic?

No, no it doesn't. Go away, you sanctimonious bore.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Is there anything about this thread title that suggests it's a Crystal Palace topic?

No, no it doesn't. Go away, you sanctimonious bore.

Former Palace manager who got us into the top flight at your expense. And had the courage to wallk out on a job that he knew he couldn't handle, and recommended someone he knew who could. and did.

Yes so different to Seagulls in so many ways. Did Sami walk out or was he pushed.. will you ever know?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Former Palace manager who got us into the top flight at your expense. And had the courage to wallk out on a job that he knew he couldn't handle, and recommended someone he knew who could. and did.

Yes so different to Seagulls in so many ways. Did Sami walk out or was he pushed.. will you ever know?

Which bit of sanctimonious bore did you not understand

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I understand, I just not agree. After all that's what makes me glad I support who I do.

But I genuinely think the Albion team are probably nice guys. They just have some supporters who need a bit of chiding.

Hence over 4000 posts on this board...oh my

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here