Palace 3 Albion 0

17th March 2013

Albion 3 Palace 0

Plus one win out of two play off games.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
keep digging :D

I'm just intrigued, as I had it in my head that his record was pretty good, but actually, it seems fairly average, about the same as you'd expect from anybody else?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm just intrigued, as I had it in my head that his record was pretty good, but actually, it seems fairly average, about the same as you'd expect from anybody else?

Coloured i imagine by that play off win and a blackpool home win...i guess we all are guilty of that at times

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1st March 2014
Millwall 0 Albion 1 (worst penalty decision in the history of football, naturally).

Then the home defeat in December 2014.

So I make Holloway's record against us:

Played 12

Won 4
Drawn 4
Lost 4

There. That's not so bad, is it? Not nearly so bad as <plucks manager's name out of air> Alan Pardew's record of one win in ten games, for example.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Coloured i imagine by that play off win and a blackpool home win...i guess we all are guilty of that at times

Ah, my bad. He was in charge there when they beat us 3-1 in 2012. I thought he'd left to join the Tramps by then. My mistake. OK, his record is 13-4-4-5 then.

Still not really the sign of a jinx IMHO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ah, my bad. He was in charge there when they beat us 3-1 in 2012. I thought he'd left to join the Tramps by then. My mistake. OK, his record is 13-4-4-5 then.

Still not really the sign of a jinx IMHO.

He wins, or doesn't lose, the ones that matter though......

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All this talk of HollowWay having some sort of HEX on us is bizarre.

What is his record v Hughton ?

I reckon we'll have a famous victory on St Patrick's Day, and go 12-15 points ahead of Millwall with 8 more to play.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Think he maybe on a 4 year contract rather than rolling 1 so expensive to sack. If they get relegated could be sometime before they come back given much reduced TV revenue and need to offload players.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Holloway's points per game has been shocking in the past few years. At Palace in the Championship Dougie them to top of the table, then his form was only 1.3 pts per game for the rest of the season, and then fluked it in the playoffs, followed a woeful performance in the Premiership and now this. Time for Ollie to retire, the guy is past it..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Millwall ( and Wigan ) now need to make up 0.9 points a game on us.

If we bumble along at a point a game, they'll need to show the form of champions to catch us :rock:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I genuinely hadn't realised the date of the Millwall game. How joyful it would be if history repeated itself (this time with no chance of any comeback later on).

He's a gibbering buffoon: I hope he gets fired, ideally by a highly impersonal text message, just as Chris O'Grady slots in his third and Albion's fourth of the night. I know. That makes me a bad person, right?

Positively evil - unless CMS got the other goal and is still to slot his second.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He wins, or doesn't lose, the ones that matter though......

Well, one out of one isn't bad, but hardly a strategic sample...

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Who went to the 1991 first leg massacre (sadly no Holloway involved)?

My memory is a bit hazy but I'm sure they scored first. North Stand was very buzzy and a little edgy that day, probably because we all anticipated some après party fireworks....

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I was there and remember Millwall scored first. I remember being pleased that two of our black players (Small and Codner)had scored as Millwall were (predictably) coming out with a lot of racist crap. I was in the south stand and loads of them were in there too. I recall them proudly holding up a copy of the Argus with the headline about a club in Eastbourne that they'd trashed the night before.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Holloway's a decent bloke. And if he provides an assist in us not having to share oxygen with these vermin in the foreseeable, so much the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here