Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway can't take it . . .

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Holloway one word = image.jpg

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
I don't know if this is true or not despite having been at the game but allegedly the 'button' was about Wurzel's daughters hearing conditions. if that was the case I think he's lucky to have only been banned for 4 games.

Total nonsense.

Everything that was shouted to Ian Hollowheart was football related and 100% not family related.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
A bit of banter is OK, but a relentless barrage of abuse for the whole game is something I wouldn't want or expect our own manager to be subjected to.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I love the way everyone seems to know what was said yet was no where near or maybe not even there at all

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't know if this is true or not despite having been at the game but allegedly the 'button' was about Wurzel's daughters hearing conditions. if that was the case I think he's lucky to have only been banned for 4 games.

Total nonsense.

Everything that was shouted to Ian Hollowheart was football related and 100% not family related.

So to save more embarrassment from this clown palace fans stoop so low they'll acuse a man of making horrible remarks about his daughter's hearing issues. That's low even by palace standards and an awful way to cover up the idiot (who they all called an idiot before they won one play off game out of 3 and somehow got promoted).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Four home games? I'm sure we can make some arrangements for him at the Amex for that time :)

This is a great chance for our club to get some positive PR. I am thinking along the lines of a free 1901 ticket for the four games with all the complimentary meals/tours associated, a signed shirt, a half time appearance so we can get the chance to applaud him and maybe a donation to the charity of his choice. The word 'martyr'' is banded about all too frequently nowadays but in Paul's case, it' seems highly appropriate. Of course, if he was abusing Holoway's daughter, he should be given a slap.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He seems very wound up at the moment in his post match interview he let a shot off towards the club about a trialist turning up he claimed to know nothing about.

Wonder if he is frustrated not been given the funds he expected as seems very dismissive when transfer plans are discussed.

Certainly not his usual chirpy irritating self

He seems very wound up at the moment in his post match interview he let a shot off towards the club about a trialist turning up he claimed to know nothing about.

Wonder if he is frustrated not been given the funds he expected as seems very dismissive when transfer plans are discussed.

Certainly not his usual chirpy irritating self

No wonder - that triallist was utter dog turd :lolol:

Interesting that the chairman of the suppoorters association deemed it fitting to resign? If he was merely suggesting the squad came in for extra training. The reaction of him, Holloway and the owners seem to point at something a little more contentious than "Ian, are you getting them in for extra training tomorrow after that" - wouldn't you say?

Not interesting at all, the Crawley owners have a record of being very firm about fan behaviour, they are old fashioned types. A four-match ban is not much but they can tell the Palace moaners they've taken action. Added to that Crawley do have to bend over backwards to their big neighbour as it's one of the few pre-season games that makes them a bit of cash, and the hope that the odd loan deal might happen at some point - and it's quite understanable why this poor Crawley guy has to be sacrificed for the manager's temper tantrums. Which let's be clear, happened STRAIGHT after the third goal went in and the humiliation was complete - which shows what Meltdown Ollie was really upset about.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Sounds like the Crawley fan is a bit of an idiot, but then Holloway should be able to rise above it. I think he has form for this sort of thing. Didn't he have a go a Southampton fans, when they sung "Premiership your having a laugh" when they play his Blackpool side.

Gus for all his faults used to deal with fan abuse very well. I remember Southampton fans giving him loads of stick. When we were loosing two nil at their place. They were singing "Poyet what's the score" He turn round shrugged and held up two fingers (not abusive two fingers) and a zero with the other hand and turn around again. They shut up after that.

Palace fan here, I am agree with this post 100%. Holloway reacting to this idiot isn't the way to go. Needs to rise above it and has a reputation of not being able to do that. We are in for a tough season and it's extremely likely we'll go down, so Holloway and everyone at Palace will have to get use to the criticism and abuse from fans, players, media etc...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Holloway has plenty of previous for criticising supporters, occasionally of his own team.

He also whinged about the treatment of the Palace coach when they arrived at the Amex, claiming they'd "got lost (how the HELL do you get lost once you've driven into the Amex? Could the driver not see the stadium) as a result of a steward giving false directions (what possible reason could a steward have for doing that? It's not like they'd get very far). And he complained that some Albion fans were shouting nasty things when he and his players got off the coach.

Now I accept one or two of the comments about Glenn Murray probably weren't all that complimentary, but Holloway played for Bristol Rovers in their derbies against City, FFS, it's not like he wouldn't expect abuse from opposing fans in a fierce derby atmosphere. I thought his reaction was massively lame. And moreover, I'm quietly confident the Albion coach wasn't welcomed at Selhurst by the Holmesdale Fanatics brandishing bouquets of flowers and welcome gifts.

He is pathetic.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace fan here, I am agree with this post 100%. Holloway reacting to this idiot isn't the way to go. Needs to rise above it and has a reputation of not being able to do that. We are in for a tough season and it's extremely likely we'll go down, so Holloway and everyone at Palace will have to get use to the criticism and abuse from fans, players, media etc...

This is true- and with the greatest of respect, we all know that when the team is struggling, plenty of Palace fans will be on his back quickly enough (some of them were last season at times). He needs to grow a pair.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A Palace fan I know reckons Wurzel is constantly on the verge of a breakdown.

Holloway has plenty of previous for criticising supporters, occasionally of his own team.

He also whinged about the treatment of the Palace coach when they arrived at the Amex, claiming they'd "got lost (how the HELL do you get lost once you've driven into the Amex? Could the driver not see the stadium) as a result of a steward giving false directions (what possible reason could a steward have for doing that? It's not like they'd get very far). And he complained that some Albion fans were shouting nasty things when he and his players got off the coach.

Now I accept one or two of the comments about Glenn Murray probably weren't all that complimentary, but Holloway played for Bristol Rovers in their derbies against City, FFS, it's not like he wouldn't expect abuse from opposing fans in a fierce derby atmosphere. I thought his reaction was massively lame. And moreover, I'm quietly confident the Albion coach wasn't welcomed at Selhurst by the Holmesdale Fanatics brandishing bouquets of flowers and welcome gifts.

He is pathetic.

He's a nasty piece of work whether he manages Palace or not. There is a piece of documentary footage showing him charging around the corridors of the Amex post poohgate effing and blinding and then giving a poor woman Albion club official a real mouthful before he struts off , puffing himself up to his full height of 5ft 4". Wurzel Hitler.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How is Wurzel going to cope when opposition fans are chanting "WE WANT TEN , WE WANT TEN" after 60 minutes ?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
A bit of banter is OK, but a relentless barrage of abuse for the whole game is something I wouldn't want or expect our own manager to be subjected to.

Gus used to get plenty of abuse wherever we went. He never reacted like Holloway has. Baiting the away manager happens often. As long as it stays within certain boundaries, managers have to...or should, accept it. Holloway likes to dish it out in interviews, acting the jovial bumpkin, but as his past form shows, he's not thick skinned when it comes to receiving it.

Holloways response was pathetic. Disappointed in Crawley for their reaction too.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
A Palace fan I know reckons Wurzel is constantly on the verge of a breakdown.

My hunch: He will implode after some sound thrashings. Given the mentality of the man, its almost nailed on. He'll have a rant live on air, then flounce off into the sunset.

When? Maybe the likes of Chandlers and Stan James will open a book.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
From "The Argus"

Fan is banned for 'winding up' Crystal Palace boss

8:40am Monday 29th July 2013 in News Photograph of the Author Exclusive By Bill Gardner
Fan is banned for 'winding up' Crystal Palace boss Fan is banned for 'winding up' Crystal Palace boss

A football club’s number one fan has been banished from the stands for “mercilessly winding up” a Premier League manager.

Crawley Town fanatic Paul Prendergast spent most of Saturday’s friendly against Crystal Palace taunting opposition boss Ian Holloway from his seat just yards from the touchline.

But after Palace lost 3-0 to the lower league club, a furious Holloway complained to Crawley,which has now banned Mr Prendergast for four home games.

Yesterday Mr Prendergast resigned his position as chairman of the Crawley Town Supporters’ Alliance, saying it would “cause too many issues” for him to stay.

But fellow fans said his behaviour was “just Paul being Paul”.

Ian Townsend, spokesmanfor the Crawley Town Supporters’ Alliance, said Mr Prendergast had been banned for “pushing Holloway’s buttons”.

He said: “Paul has been sat in that same seat behind the opposition manager for the last 16 years and to be honest he does tend to wind them up mercilessly.

“On Saturday he could see that Ian Holloway was getting hot under the collar when Palace started losing so he started making some observations about the quality of their team.

“There were probably a few expletives used, but he wasn’t being rude. Some other fans might have been ribbing Holloway about his West Country accent but that wasn’t Paul.

“The problem was that he worked out which button to press, pushed it and then wouldn’t remove his finger - until it all went wrong.”

Mr Holloway withstood Mr Prendergast’s taunts for most of the match until Crawley’s third goal went in, when he finally snapped.

According to fans, the manager whipped round to face his tormentor and yelled “Why don’t you shut up?”

When the final whistle blew, the enraged Palace boss marched straight to the stewards and demanded that Mr Prendergast be punished.

A spokesman for Crawley Town said: “Ian Holloway made the complaint and the club followed it up.

“He wasn’t happy and it was noted by the stewards and the head of security. Mr Prendergast was spoken to and subsequently banned for four games.

“We had a duty to act to preserve the integrity of the club.”
Just Paul being Paul. So that's ok then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here