Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway can't take it . . .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I sincerely doubt it compared to the abuse McGhee got toward the end of his tenure, from his own fans.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If the same fan had sat giving abuse to Oscar for 90 minutes last Tuesday not sure we would all find it so funny.

Very true, but I can't see Oscar making himself such a target as Holloway does. They way he behaves in some of his interviews will make him a target for the p!ss takers. I am not saying it is OK, but when have football fans not taken the chance to do it. If he want's to act like and idiot then other idiots are going to take advantage.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I don't know if this is true or not despite having been at the game but allegedly the 'button' was about Wurzel's daughters hearing conditions. if that was the case I think he's lucky to have only been banned for 4 games.

I don't know if this is true or not despite having been at the game but allegedly the 'button' was about Wurzel's daughters hearing conditions. if that was the case I think he's lucky to have only been banned for 4 games.

What ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This is what a Crawley fan posted on that thread. It doesn't sound like he was abusing Holloway's daughters.

During the match a Crawley supporter was doing his best to wind up Ian Holloway.
The supporter just happens to be the chairman of the Crawley Town supporters Alliance and was directly behind the dugouts.
Apparently according to reports he was on Holloways case the whole 90 minutes.
Near the end of the drubbing Holloway reacted when the fan shouted "Ian,are you getting them in for extra training tomorrow after that"Ian Holloway turned round and said "why don't you shut up"and then continued muttering under his breath clearly annoyed.

After the match a steward approached the Crawley supporter and he was taken down the tunnel where Ian Holloway was waiting for him.A livid Holloway then went into one.It got so bad the Crawley owners had to come down to the tunnel and try to calm him down.Apparently they apologised to him for the fans behaviour.

The Crawley supporter has resigned his position as chairman of the Crawley Town supporters Alliance.

The Broadfield stadium is obviously a bear pit of imitation that Ian Holloway will not face in the premier league this season.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
Interesting that the chairman of the suppoorters association deemed it fitting to resign? If he was merely suggesting the squad came in for extra training. The reaction of him, Holloway and the owners seem to point at something a little more contentious than "Ian, are you getting them in for extra training tomorrow after that" - wouldn't you say?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Disgraceful if true, and 4 games would seem far too short.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
The reaction of him, Holloway and the owners seem to point at something a little more contentious than "Ian, are you getting them in for extra training tomorrow after that" - wouldn't you say?

Couldn't agree more. Thats about as believable as "its an early bath for you Cantona"

I'm all for abusing opposition players and staff, after all its only a bit pantomime, but when that abuse includes comments about members of their family the line is crossed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
mystery man is a Palace fan so wants you to believe the worst. There is no evidence that the Crawley fan mentioned his family.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
Couldn't agree more. Thats about as believable as "its an early bath for you Cantona"

I'm all for abusing opposition players and staff, after all its only a bit pantomime, but when that abuse includes comments about members of their family the line is crossed.

I was trying to remember what that c0ck said to Catona as a reference. And yeah totally agree.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The stark truth is, the fan is probably right about his remarks regarding the quality of Palace atm. They've made virtually no hair-raising signings, and looked crap with Zaha....
Stephen Dobbie is a hair raising signing...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yeovil Saint

Apr 22, 2011
Interesting that the chairman of the suppoorters association deemed it fitting to resign? If he was merely suggesting the squad came in for extra training. The reaction of him, Holloway and the owners seem to point at something a little more contentious than "Ian, are you getting them in for extra training tomorrow after that" - wouldn't you say?
I don't know, Holloway seems pretty thin-skinned to me. He got really upset about some Saints fans chanting "Premier League? you're having a laugh." when we were beating then-PL Blackpool in the FA Cup a couple of years back. So he does have form at being wound up by pretty harmless banter.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sounds like a reasonable response. Managers should be allowed to concentrate on the game, not WUMs in the crowd.

WTF ??? Ha ha ha ha oh dear oh dear oh dear !!!

Oh no poor little Ian we mustn't upset him or say anything nasty must we or we might not get our hot milk and sugary biscuits from Mummy tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here