NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cornwall. Sennan cove. Bring it on!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve been to the US and Canada a few times, always tipping 15%. Heard the stories about waiting staff coming after English skint-flints :lolol:

I’m working out if I need to take cash and how much.

LOL…..colleague of mine was chased down the street after paying a restaurant bill as he thought it was ‘service included’

Most restaurants (and taxis) will have a pre-determined tip shown on the bill - usually like 18/20/22%, sometimes higher :laugh:

Shouldn’t need too much actual cash - dollar bills for bartender etc tips useful though if you can get some

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
LOL…..colleague of mine was chased down the street after paying a restaurant bill as he thought it was ‘service included’

Most restaurants (and taxis) will have a pre-determined tip shown on the bill - usually like 18/20/22%, sometimes higher :laugh:

Shouldn’t need too much actual cash - dollar bills for bartender etc tips useful though if you can get some

We’ll have teens in tow, so only minimal :drink::whisky:

Have you holidayed in Manhattan (not work)?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going to Zadar next week for a quick break. Ibiza has turned into Las Vegas* so we're trying something different.

* or maybe we're a bit too old for Calvin Harris. Although I see Coxy is back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Long shot but if anyone can recommend any nice bars, restaurants etc let me know.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Love Cornwall. Just had a week down there. Fabulous weather. Went all over. Port Issac, Boscastle, Looe, Polperro. Plus other places, really is lovely. Enjoy .

Going to The Lizard (staying at the Youth Hostel) in the Autumn….not been down there for quite a while, looking forward to it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I'm going to Zadar next week for a quick break. Ibiza has turned into Las Vegas* so we're trying something different.

* or maybe we're a bit too old for Calvin Harris. Although I see Coxy is back.

Stopped off in Zadar in April as part of a cruise of that area, and was very pleasant there. The old town is concentrated on what is almost an island. At the far end of it is the sea organ which everyone raves over but I found it deeply disappointing. Maybe the sea wasn't active enough? :shrug::lol:

Didn't try any bars, cafes or restaurants, so can't recommend anything I'm afraid!

The Croatian people seem lovely though - we also visited Split and Dubrovnik (we did Game Of Thrones walking tours in those two places) and everyone we met was so friendly and helpful. The country is cracking too. Very much recommend Croatia!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stopped off in Zadar in April as part of a cruise of that area, and was very pleasant there. The old town is concentrated on what is almost an island. At the far end of it is the sea organ which everyone raves over but I found it deeply disappointing. Maybe the sea wasn't active enough? :shrug::lol:

Didn't try any bars, cafes or restaurants, so can't recommend anything I'm afraid!

The Croatian people seem lovely though - we also visited Split and Dubrovnik (we did Game Of Thrones walking tours in those two places) and everyone we met was so friendly and helpful. The country is cracking too. Very much recommend Croatia!

Thanks. We’re staying on the “island”. The wife has been but Croatia is a new county for me. I’ll let you know if the organ performs for me!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Got a week booked on Garda in first week of September but worried about flights obviously… flying to Verona

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Off to Moab (Utah), Telluride (Colorado), Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, Santa Monica, Death valley and lake Tahoe from 21 July. Covid allowing - which im getting nervous about (really dont want to be ill - I hate flippin colds!)

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Just plain old Cyprus for us, and just a WEEK - end of August. Same hotel every year (except 2020!) in Protaras. Cannot WAIT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports