Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Just packed the panniers and filled up the Kawasaki for the trip to wales tomorrow.

Really looking forward to the ride there, stopping off for lunch on the way, weather looks perfect. It going to be cooler in wales about 23 ish and dry so not too bad with riding kit on.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Not summer, but we shall be visiting Devon and Cornwall, when it has quietened down in early October.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For those still looking for Florida flights Virgin have announced a new Tampa route starting from Nov.

Yeah, this was released yesterday.

It was great to look at rewards flights and see full availability over dates - this was a search for three PE rewards over February half-term for example.

Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 10.03.41.png

BA are often much cheaper into Tampa than MCO - it will be interesting to see if Virgin go the same way.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It was great to look at rewards flights and see full availability over dates - this was a search for three PE rewards over February half-term for example.

View attachment 149690

BA are often much cheaper into Tampa than MCO - it will be interesting to see if Virgin go the same way.

Used Tampa several times for Florida holidays….as you say often quite a bit cheaper, also less chaotic/quicker through immigration, car hire pick up speedy and a nice easy drive from Orlando etc. Big shopping mall near the airport which was good for killing the last few hours and having a meal before flying home. It’s a great option

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

View attachment 149690

Just before I left Virgin they were talking about Airmiles being an issue, a lot of complaints as there was hardly any flights with them - even with poor load factors.

Next stop sorting out the process of you book a package holiday, not that I’d book a package with them currently.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just before I left Virgin they were talking about Airmiles being an issue, a lot of complaints as there was hardly any flights with them - even with poor load factors.

Yeah, they changed that a couple of weeks back, coming into line with BA with a guaranteed minimum number of seats in each class being available with points. This Tampa route illustrated they have done just that as many months of flights all dropped at the same time, so every single flight had points availability.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yeah, they changed that a couple of weeks back, coming into line with BA with a guaranteed minimum number of seats in each class being available with points. This Tampa route illustrated they have done just that as many months of flights all dropped at the same time, so every single flight had points availability.

They were classing voucher bookings as reward seats, so when a covid voucher was added a reward seat would drop out.

The new plane and upper class cabin looks snazzy, I believe that’s on the Tampa and Boston route - They need to stick to having it on the routes they pick.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hey Oracle members

Looking at a retirement cruise Buenos Aires that includes 3 nights stay in BA and cruises up the coast to Rio taking in Uruguay etc for 15 nights in November/December

Anyone been to BA recently and is there lots to do?

The price including premium economy flights is not as expensive as we had been looking at, so be good to hear anyones experiences of South America and that coast in particular

Gracias

Hola

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Possibly one for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. We’re going to Orlando for 18 nights on Thursday, and whilst I’ve steeled myself for the horrendous expense I’m in for while out there, how much cold, hard cash should I be taking? Was in New York a couple of weeks ago and didn’t really need cash, but is it worth taking some just in case?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gatwick is bloody heaving

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
For anyone looking for a quick warm getaway on the cheap, I'm just back from 6 days in North Macedonia and Albania. My god it was great and cost next to nothing.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Deep joy, travel due to fly out at around 6am on Thursday to Valencia for three weeks, just booked tickets for Valencia v Athletic Madrid, looking forward to that.

Gatwick is ALWAYS heaving though, obviously more so during the school holidays.

Flying to Preveza at the end of the month to visit Lefkada, looking forward to it.

With a flight at 6AM you do tend to avoid the worst of the crowds, seen as you’ll be boarding at 5am, my flight is at the same time, I always choose an early flight if possible for that reason.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gatwick is ALWAYS heaving though, obviously more so during the school holidays.

Flying to Preveza at the end of the moment to visit Lefkada, looking forward to it.

With a flight at 6AM you do tend to avoid the worst of the crowds, seen as you’ll be boarding at 5am, my flight is at the same time, I always choose an early flight if possible for that reason.

Chances of delays are less too as you are likely the first flight of the day, not forgetting arriving in a European resort in time to enjoy the first afternoon and evening.

How long does the moment last btw, have you left yet? :wink:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Chances of delays are less too as you are likely the first flight of the day, not forgetting arriving in a European resort in time to enjoy the first afternoon and evening.

How long does the moment last btw, have you left yet? :wink:

Month :lolol: Oopsy, need a proof reader.

Yeah, I’ve found afternoon flights tend to be the ones where the delays back up and even if your flight isn’t delayed you can end up taking off an hour or so late just due to the backlog

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here