Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good point. Where you planning to go?

Tignes, my favourite resort by far and not been for a few years. And my step-daughter is itching for me take her down La Face. If I'm feeling nasty though I might take her down La Sache instead :eek:

Hi, we take regular ski trips to The Alps.

You’ll be fine if you book much later on than now in any year, booking in May is early and that’s when we normally book for New Year (which is far busier than Xmas).

I might leave it for a month or so, maybe until Boris gives the next statement on 22nd Feb I think isn't it?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tignes, my favourite resort by far and not been for a few years. And my step-daughter is itching for me take her down La Face. If I'm feeling nasty though I might take her down La Sache instead :eek:

I might leave it for a month or so, maybe until Boris gives the next statement on 22nd Feb I think isn't it?

I love Val D'Isere, La Face isn't too bad at all.

I'm itching to book after missing out this winter for the first time since 2004/05, but I've learnt the lesson of the last 10 months of cancelled flights and hotels ... to hold my impatient horses.

(Sorting out a Swiss Air refund on the phone as I type).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hoping for a break up Bamburgh way (proper oop north) with my wife's family in June. Still feeling fairrrrrly confident...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Malta first out the gate in allowing Brits back from the 1st May - either with vaccination or clear test

The success of our vaccination programme makes it sensible for other countries to be welcoming Brits. Not so sure about the other way around though. Procedures upon return are also up in the air until we know more about transmission post jab. I guess that will become clearer over the next few weeks and months.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Add Cyprus from 01st May but you have to be vaccinated

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Add Cyprus from 01st May but you have to be vaccinated

We're due our second doses early may so might look at a last minute thing. We won't go unless we feel things are safe but my hopeful factor has gone from 1/10 to maybe a 3.

No need to take plug adaptors to Cyprus either, so double winner.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Still got a booking ready to go for June 21st in the Highlands, hoping the English timeline holds steady and Scotland follow suit to an extent. If not it'll be a week in Manchester with the in laws spending most of it in the lake district.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hi, we take regular ski trips to The Alps.

You’ll be fine if you book much later on than now in any year, booking in May is early and that’s when we normally book for New Year (which is far busier than Xmas).

On the topic of skiing given the lack of season this year there’s some bargains to be had with clothing and equipment. I had planned to replace my snowboard this year, irrespective of the fact it was being serviced when lockdown happened last year and got lost when the shop shut down. The board I want is now 35% off!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The BBC seems to be reporting that both jabs will be required, but it's not clear what proof will need to be shown.

61pNVErFdNL._AC_SX569_.jpg

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I have a holiday booked to the USA this summer. Meant to go last year.

Flights can be changed any number of times upto April 2023. Accommodation and car hire all free cancellation. Clearly, cant fly into or out of USA yet, but I have looked at each State im visiting and apaprt from California things are open, but sitting 6 feet apart in restaurants etc.

Obv the entry requirements are the main thing, but if that changes by Summer, I cant see social distancing really affecting the holiday - most of the things we want to do are all outside and we will be vaccinated anyway.

I think it important to have something to look forward to. I would even camp in the rain at the moment

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have a holiday booked to the USA this summer. Meant to go last year.

Flights can be changed any number of times upto April 2023. Accommodation and car hire all free cancellation. Clearly, cant fly into or out of USA yet, but I have looked at each State im visiting and apaprt from California things are open, but sitting 6 feet apart in restaurants etc.

Obv the entry requirements are the main thing, but if that changes by Summer, I cant see social distancing really affecting the holiday - most of the things we want to do are all outside and we will be vaccinated anyway.

I think it important to have something to look forward to. I would even camp in the rain at the moment

Too right about having something to look forward to.

We have a deferred Mexico holiday late July from last year, hopefully we will be going.

A Gran Canaria holiday moved from Feb to Easter and now October.

Decided to book an Air BNB in Bath for late may for three nights, hopefully might get away in June if Canary Islands open up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here