Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
We’ve booked a week in Brighton in May - just in time for the pubs and restaurants to reopen hopefully

Be the first time I’ve had a holiday in Sussex since I was at school

Pity I can’t fit in a match as well though

Franky Small

Nov 29, 2020
UK
That’s an issue for us too.

The UK aren’t necessarily blocking non-vax’d residents leaving.

So it’s a question of waiting to see the rules of entry for destinations.

The EU might be planning to enforce a no vax, no travel rule without quarantine for the entire bloc (vaccine passports). Italy are pushing hard, but several nations that rely on tourism don’t want to create obstacles after the financial devastation of the last year.

In 2 months my friends and I are going to visit the North Pole. Hope that there will be no issues with this destination :)

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
With the vaccine supply possibly getting short, it looks like foreign travel is now out of the window thanks to the inept Government.

Keep paying me furlough money. I'm not risking working without any jabs.

You cannot have it both ways.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Have booked a late ish week in September to Turkey.
Both jabs are booked well in advance, so hopefully even with any delay with getting the vaccine we might actually get away this year.

I’ve also got a trip booked to France early July on my bike, but not convinced that trip will happen.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My flights to the UK in June got cancelled today. I was thinking I'd have to push them back so it makes things a bit easier.

I'm hopeful I'll get vaccinated over the summer, although Canada is lagging a bit behind the UK and US in that regard. I'm now thinking I'll try and get to the UK in September and see if there are any options for a few days in Europe to add on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
France are saying they will allow Brits in so hopefully my June Loire trip will be on

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56364290

Not sure about my French summer trip.

Normally take the dog but UK passports are now invalid so I need to fork our £50 for a rabies jab plus £110 for a health certificate (1 per trip). Added that to the normal cost of his Euro Tunnel crossing plus insurance etc and I think our dog based French holidays are over.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Getting closer to binning the Bahamas trip at the end of May but will leave it a while yet.........hopeful about Shropshire (S/C) in August and a couple of overseas trips in the Autumn though.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I was quite hopful of a late summer cruise around the Mediterranean but with things on mainland Europe as they are low vaccination rates very unclear EU leadership and a number of countries going back into lockdown I am starting to think it's not going to happen, as are a number of cruise lines who are currently announcing a number of cruises around the British Isles with either limited stops Liverpool, Glasgow, Belfast or no stops at all ie from Southampton down to Corwall and back three nights £500.
With Cunard and P&O offering these I might book one just to see what one of the big oriented liners is like

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Having read the comments on here I decided to check availability for a lodge and hot tub in the new forest in July £1.100 7 nights but only one left so booked it, NSC has proved to be full of sages

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I hope not - a few days break in St tropez in July is one of the things keeping me optimistic at the moment !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It's a bit rich, the BBC showing The Travel Show, the furthest I've been in months is sodding Bexhill.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There's still a curfew of 6pm at the moment, but being altered to 7pm from this weekend. June may be a bit too early for us.

Since I posted that I've had a complete turnaround of thinking. I fear nothing much in Europe is going to open up until late summer .... hopefully I'm wrong (for health rather than economic reasons)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here