zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

I think people are being wildly optimistic booking for May. Whilst I would hope we are out of lockdown by then I would expect there will be very strict measures still in place under a toughened up tier system. Once we have some degree of control over this virus with what we hope will be the continuing success of the vaccine rllout the biggest threat will be mutant new strains of the virus so I would expect now we have finally got some strict measures on international travel it would be madness to let millions of holidaymakers jet across Europe and the world unchecked. At the very least they will need negative tests to re-enter the country and a strict peiod of quarantine and isolation.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not sure exactly what you mean. But if you reside in Germany or are a German National you will be allowed in....but otherwise unless you have a good reason probably not. This is the current situation and I cannot see it changing any time soon for third-counties.
Sorry obviously not clear.

What i meant was that if they are allowing EU travel in but not UK, I presume that's based on where you live rather than citizenship. So an Irish citizen who lives in the UK would be barred. I know the answer anyway, it's yes.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry obviously not clear.

What i meant was that if they are allowing EU travel in but not UK, I presume that's based on where you live rather than citizenship. So an Irish citizen who lives in the UK would be barred. I know the answer anyway, it's yes.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Now it’s me not being clear :lolol: I was talking about U.K. nationals and it’s based on which passport you hold. The rules are different for EU passport holders; an Irish passport holder, irrespective of where they live, can currently enter albeit subject to quarantine rules.

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/einreiseundaufenthalt/coronavirus

There’s essentially 3 groups:
EU passport holders: allowed entry subject to quarantine based on where you’ve been in the past few weeks.
EEA and Schengen country passport holders: as above.
Third Country (ie UK): Non-essential travel prohibits entry although there is a tiny list of countries which are still allowed in despite this.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
I've booked a fly drive in the US for October but reusing the deposit from my Summer 2020 holiday so no additional outlay. Don't have to pay the balance until three weeks before so will leave it as late as possible to make hotel bookings etc to minimise the financial risk.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Ryanair 'jab and go' advert seem to have dissapeared with other holiday companies. Surely nobody will now be mad enough to book a holiday as the government looks set to close our borders inefinitely and insist on hotel quarantines for any new arrivals? Just can't see any holiday season abroad this summer, lets hope we have some good weather and restrictions are eased at some point over the summer so we can enjoy a domestic holiday at least (given the differences in infection rates I wouldn't hang your hat on being able to visit Scotland, Wales or NI though).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The Ryanair 'jab and go' advert seem to have dissapeared with other holiday companies. Surely nobody will now be mad enough to book a holiday as the government looks set to close our borders inefinitely and insist on hotel quarantines for any new arrivals? Just can't see any holiday season abroad this summer, lets hope we have some good weather and restrictions are eased at some point over the summer so we can enjoy a domestic holiday at least (given the differences in infection rates I wouldn't hang your hat on being able to visit Scotland, Wales or NI though).

bless you. What a stressed scary world it must be daily in your mind lol

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We have been booking holidays since before the start of the pandemic, as each holiday nears and is cancelled we have moved it forward 12 months which has proved to be quite lucrative an example being we had a cruise booked and paid for last September which was obviously cancelled, the holiday company offered £500 off any future booking so we moved the cruise to this September and used the £500 towards an upgraded cabin and drinks package.
Even at this early stage of the year it's already looking like this coming Septembers cruise will be cancelled and I am anticipating another £500 incentive to rebook.

I have a cunning plan that if this continues at some point I will be able to buy the whole ship!!!!!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Was ready to book a BA holiday to Barbados in August, read the T&C's saying any changes could be made but travel had to be completed by April 22 !!!

No thanks, not risking the hassle of a foreign holiday......UK this year.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Looks like the quarantine hotel idea for all UK arrivals is gathering pace, Rishi is keen..

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-rishi-sunak-quarantine-hotels-uk-arrivals-5xnvswnpr

It should have happened in March. Not convinced it should be at the taxpayers expense, when My sister travelled back to Australia in Early January, she had to quarantine at an airport hotel in Adelaide at her own expense .
If people wish to travel they should not expect the taxpayers to fund them in quarantine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My wife & boys were supposed to fly to Florida last April, then August, then February this year...never happened. They are currently booked to fly out at the end of August, but Im really wondering if they will get to go if the hotel quarantine plans are still in operation by then. No way we could afford the extra costs of £1k per week (is that per person?), or whatever it is they reckon it'll be...
My son is also supposed to be flying to Cape Town at Easter for a 2 week cricket tour - I doubt very much if that will happen either now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Summer 2021 is going to be a write off, with these new strains being discovered more readily, I can't see once these rules have come into place for quaranrine they can be relaxed until on a country by country basis they have vaccinated significant proportions of their population (and this doesn't take effect of people who may fly from one country to another before flying onward to the UK). Given that we are currently pretty much world leaders in the roll out of vccinations and even for us it is going to take until Autumn to complete the roll out I can't see how foreign holidays can realistically take place this summer, we are putting the vaccination programme in too much jeapordy. On the bright side if the government can roll back significant elements of restrictions by June (and a lot of the indicators on positive cases and hospitalisations are encouraging, plus the fantastic rate of vaccination) it will give a much needed shot in the arm and boost for UK hospitality and lesiure businesses over the Summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Motor boating in the UK

That's my kind of holiday.

tenor.gif

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
On the bright side if the government can roll back significant elements of restrictions by June (and a lot of the indicators on positive cases and hospitalisations are encouraging, plus the fantastic rate of vaccination) it will give a much needed shot in the arm and boost for UK hospitality and lesiure businesses over the Summer.

After watching TV the last few weeks (Rick Stein, Julia Bradbury, Simon Reeve etc) I will expect Cornwall and Devon to be packed to the rafters from July to September!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here