Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed. People planning their summer holidays are just not thinking this through. This vaccination protects from severe symptoms. It does not prevent transmission. The world is not going to open up with no restrictions so people can sit on the beach.

We can expect the vaccines to reduce transmission though. My take is “normality” is some way off at the moment. It will take a while for the virus and the various mutations to be under sufficient control so a relaxation of rules can start. And even then it will be gradually.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We can expect the vaccines to reduce transmission though. My take is “normality” is some way off at the moment. It will take a while for the virus and the various mutations to be under sufficient control so a relaxation of rules can start. And even then it will be gradually.

My take is countries like Spain, where tourists make up a massive GDP, cannot economically afford to miss another summer of limited tourism

Last edited:

Franky Small

Nov 29, 2020
UK
I struggle to see much changing before the summer at the earliest. The EU currently have quite a strict, and very small list, a handful of countries, which can enter the area for non-essential travel and I really can’t see this changing in a few months. Same with US. I appreciate this isn’t the world but Europe and US seem the most popular U.K. destinations.

I have a hunch that vaccination will hugely alter our travelling plans. Heard that the vaccine by Pfizer, one of the most popular in the world atm, has serious side effects and even had a number of fatal cases. This means that borders will still remain closed for a long long time. I won't be surprised if 2021 will be a copy of 2020.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have a hunch that vaccination will hugely alter our travelling plans. Heard that the vaccine by Pfizer, one of the most popular in the world atm, has serious side effects and even had a number of fatal cases. This means that borders will still remain closed for a long long time. I won't be surprised if 2021 will be a copy of 2020.

Link ? Only thing I’ve seen re bad side effects causing death is a Norwegian study relating to 13 over 80s.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I am sure, if this is true, it would be all over the national press so as advised in the post above please post a link so all the medical profession are aware.

I have just phoned my Mum and Dad who are 94 and 92 and were vaccinated recently with Pfizer warning them what might happen as advised by a highly skilled medical person.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Why do these sort of comments never come with a link?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Indeed. People planning their summer holidays are just not thinking this through. This vaccination protects from severe symptoms. It does not prevent transmission. The world is not going to open up with no restrictions so people can sit on the beach.

Eh ? I’m hedging my bets booking fully refundable or changeable trips at significantly lower cost. What bit have I not thought through?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Was ready to book a holiday in Barbados for August, but when I read their T&C's about having to change it put me right off. I could change but had to take the holiday by April 2022..........

UK for us this year again ! Much safer

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'll be holidaying in the UK, we used to cruise with celebrities but that is very much a thing of the past in this new world. Much rather holidaying where I know I can be in a covid secure, sterile environment with proper procedures and cleanliness.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Barbados/St Lucia/Antigua amongst others have been doing just that for months now.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Got easyjet flights booked to Croatia in June. Was a bit of a gamble last summer because they were dirt cheap. Airbnb we can cancel easily.

At this point I can't see it happening but there's always a chance of restrictions begging lifted if virus levels drop in May like they did last year and a decent % of UK population is vaccinated.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be holidaying in the UK, we used to cruise with celebrities but that is very much a thing of the past in this new world. Much rather holidaying where I know I can be in a covid secure, sterile environment with proper procedures and cleanliness.

Not sure I share your faith in Butlins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here