Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday 2013 - Can anyone recommend a good All Inclusive Family Resort?

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
As the title suggests.. we're looking for a summer holiday for 4 people. I've been looking a numerous web-sites, and brochures, and it's all very confusing, especially getting to know what each resort is like.

The kids will be 7 & 11 by then.

We want somewhere not too big, but enough to keep everyone happy.

Also, we don't want to spend a massive amount - perhaps a 3k budget for 10 to 14 days?

Finally, we don't really want to fly more than 3-4 hours.

Cheap Holidays, Cheap All Inclusive Holiday Deals | On The Beach 2013 Kids stay free, you can't go wrong.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Another one in Majorca, very very good - Protur Bonaire Aparthotel Cala Bona Majorca Tripadvisor winner family hotels 2013
Oh sh*t!! You've just brought back memories of the worst holiday I ever had ... so bad I've not done a package holiday since. Nothing to do with the hotel which we thought was really good but it was one thing after another.

Goes like this ... 10 day holiday with the kids flying out on a Saturday. Impressed with everything ... nice hotel, self catering apartment, plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. Monday morning Jr Hoop the elder wakes up with a sore throat and a bit of a temperature. He stays in with Mum and I spend the day in the pool with Jr Hoop the younger. By that night, his throat is worse, temperature gone up, developed a swelling above his eye and complaining of really bad stomach pains. So we got the reps to call a doctor and 90 minutes later he and I have been taken by ambulance to the hospital other side of the island. Doctor said they'd only keep him in overnight for observations.

Overnight his temperature hit about 104, he was a bit delirious, tried to go walkabout at one point with his drip still attached and they were rather concerned about him. We ended up staying there Tuesday and Wednesday night and he was finally well enough to go back to the hotel Thursday. Got back to the hotel early afternoon, went to the pool and about 30 minutes later, we got hit by a massive storm. Called home to find my son wasn't the only one who had been in hospital - my mum had been taken ill with a suspected mini stroke.

Went out for dinner that night just as another downpour hit but we decided to make a dash for the main building. Jr Hoop the elder disappeared out of sight at full pelt and a few seconds later we heard a sickening thud followed by lots of people shouting 'Oh my god oh my god' and the sound of running feet. Went round the corner to find people helping him up and a massive bruise already developing on his hip.

A few days later we were out and about and Jr Hoop the younger got something in her eye. Rather than stopping to tell us she continued walking saying "Mummy I've got something in my eye' and promptly headbutted a lamp-post. Few days after that she had diarrhoea, not just any diarrhoea you understand oh no she had to have blood in hers. GP said if it happens once, no problem but if there is blood a second time, she has to go to hospital. Thankfully it didn't.

The last day of the holiday and 30 minutes before we were due to get the coach back to the airport, she had diarrhoea again. 30 ******* minutes.

We were so relieved when we finally took off to come home. Coming into land Jr Hoop the elder is in agony with pain in his ears, from more or less when we started to descend until we landed. I suffer with the same so was trying to manage my own difficulties and look after him.

We got home to 10 days worth of post and amongst it all a note from our next door neighbour saying that whilst visiting, one of their friends had managed to twat our car with his own! :facepalm:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Another vote for Olu Deniz or Hisaronu.

Stayed in Ovacik, about 3/4km away from Olu Deniz (1/2km from the town of Hisaronu) and felt it was a bit far out having last year stayed in Hisaronu itself, felt much closer to everything. Loads to do in the day for next to nothing in comparison to other destinations, can go on all day boat trips with stops, and food included for about £7 each. Never done all inclusive out there, but plenty of places do, and it's pretty cheap. Felt a bit sceptical about the companys offering activities the first time, but honestly never had any complaints.

Dalaman from memory was a 4 hour flight, then a 45 minute transfer. Oh, and July is far more bareable in the heat than August.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Papa Lazarou stated a max budget of £3k, and 10 to 14 days.

From experience, and from families we know, lots of these ideas in Turkey and also the Eurozone will cost (after adding in all the hidden extras) more than that in the summer school holidays.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
All First Choice holidays are All Inclusive, so that would be a good place to start. In a short haul flight time, there's one in Costa del Sol, Algarve, Majorca & Menorca - with a few slightly further out in Rhodes, Kos, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Tunisia & Turkey (Paphos and Sharm will probably too far for you). Plenty going on in the Kids Clubs from 3-8 year olds and 8-15 year olds (in busier times, they tend to split these 3-5, 6-7, 8-11, 12-15).

Holiday Villages Overview

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Only problem with Majorca is if you go at the wrong time then it is full of German tourists, and the all-inclusive caters for their tastes at meal times rather than the British.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Aqua fantasy hotel kusadasi turkey is brilliant, A massive waterpark is included, it's on the beach and loads of activities to do. Fly to izmir (3hrs25m) transfer of 45 mins. With firstchoice

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Aqua fantasy hotel kusadasi turkey is brilliant, A massive waterpark is included, it's on the beach and loads of activities to do. Fly to izmir (3hrs25m) transfer of 45 mins. With firstchoice

The missus isn't keen on the whole Aqua Park on site idea, as we'd spend the whole time worrying where the kids are. Perhaps when they're older.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just done a quick search (bored of revising).

Olu Deniz, where many people have recommended on here as well as myself, is more than within your budget.

Dozens of hotels for 10 nights, all inclusive, with flights, for around £500-£600 per person going for 10 nights (20th-30th July).

Oh, and one piece of advice. Use somewhere like TravelRepublic, quite suprised how many people still pay well over the odds for first choice and all. My old man told someone at work about it, they saved £400 on a £2000 holiday at christmas (to the same place they visit every year, same hotel et al).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just done a quick search (bored of revising).

Olu Deniz, where many people have recommended on here as well as myself, is more than within your budget.

Dozens of hotels for 10 nights, all inclusive, with flights, for around £500-£600 per person going for 10 nights (20th-30th July).

Oh, and one piece of advice. Use somewhere like TravelRepublic, quite suprised how many people still pay well over the odds for first choice and all. My old man told someone at work about it, they saved £400 on a £2000 holiday at christmas (to the same place they visit every year, same hotel et al).

Cheers - will give it my full attention this evening :)

Flex Your Head

Another vote here for the Olu Deniz area in Turkey. We stayed here - Montana Pine Resort - For a truly relaxing holiday - which is truly beautiful, but probably not enough going on for the kiddoes. It's a fantatsic area though with plenty of hotels down on the beach strip at Olu Deniz, up in the hills of Hisoranu and slightly further away in Ovacik.

Loads of cheap days out and excursions, but book from a local agent in town rather than through your hotel or tour operator, it's waaaaaaaay cheaper.

Herbert

Jan 24, 2013
Menorca is a good choice for young kids,much quieter than its neighbouring islands and only a 2hr flight away and the beaches are fantastic
When my kids were younger we used to stay in Arenal den castelle which has a beach which is perfect for young kids

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You could try the Holiday Village resorts in Benalmadena on the Costa del Sol

Yes, this would be perfect if you're looking to holiday in an absolute shit hole full of the worst kind of people on the planet.

I you want to go to Spain then look further West along the coast to the Costa de Luz, far nicer and you'll get to see some of the real Spain.

I just cannot understand why anyone would want to holiday on the Costa del Sol, or indeed anywhere like that.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Yes, this would be perfect if you're looking to holiday in an absolute shit hole full of the worst kind of people on the planet.

Thanks for the compliment!! You have never even met me or my family and refer to us as the worst kind of people on the planet.I don't know if you have young children,but they really don't care about the finer points of Spain,they want plenty to occupy them and have a very happy holiday.I thought this thread was about somebody looking for a decent family holiday,at a decent price and not too far away.We went there two years ago and had a very enjoyable time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here