Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hockaday gone

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Has anyone ever failed the Fit and Proper Owners Test? Convicted Fraudster.... no problem! So ignorant of the game you don't know relegation exists? No problem! You intend to plunge the club into huge debt for your own gain? No problem! More difficult to pass an Indian driving test....

Oh and definitely another vote for DiCanio....

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
judging by the number of managers he sacked whilst owning Cagliari, this could be the gift that keeps on giving.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Puts all the bed wetting about Bloom and Co. into some kind of perspective, we could of ended up with the likes of Cellino running the club.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Leeds past history will bring about applicants for the job if nothing else does.

It's looking a lot like an easy payday - nothing to do with past glory.

Role up, get interviewed with pointed questions as to why you would take this particular job, give some platitudes and sound bites about working together with the chairman, get sacked after a couple of months, big payoff as per the contract you insisted on, press full of stories about how you were the scapegoat, come out squeaky clean, much richer and with a higher media profile.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sunday:

"Yes, at Watford I decided to sack him. I said ‘he’s finished’. I wasn’t happy. I was ashamed of the performance and it [sacking Hockaday] was what I wanted to do. But in my life I’ve learned that with your decisions, take 24 hours. Why should I blame the coach? The squad isn’t finished and that is my fault. Signing players has been harder than I thought so if I fire anyone, I should fire myself or else I’m a coward. I have to control my ego.

“This coach, he might not be a good coach, but sacking him now is not fair. I cannot say if he is good or not. When the squad is finished, I’ll see what he does then. But for now you blame me for the results. I blame myself because the fault is mine.”

“Bellusci is a good defender and what he did yesterday was a s--- mistake. We lost because of his mistake. I see that now. I didn’t see it yesterday. If he didn’t f--- up and we win the game, would I be firing the coach? No. So it’s wrong to blame the coach for the results.”

Thursday afternoon, after Bradford the night before:

“I’d like to thank David for his efforts over the last two and a half months. But the results since the start of the season have meant we needed to act and make this decision. After the defeat at Bradford I realised that my decision to keep David at the club following the defeat at Watford was wrong, and I had to change my mind on the coach’s position. As a club we will now begin our search for a new head coach.”

So what happened to the 24 hours thing to make a decision ? :lolol:

This guy is comedy gold.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Initially yes admittedly.... but still managed to take control of the club! Am struggling to think of anyone who was actually blocked from taking ownership.

Predictably at the whiff of a protracted and expensive court case, the FL backed down and waved him through.

The same will happen on the very first challenge to an FFP sanction.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Predictably at the whiff of a protracted and expensive court case, the FL backed down and waved him through.

The same will happen on the very first challenge to an FFP sanction.

Not necessarily - they'd be facing legal challenges from FFP suck ups like ourselves if they don't have the gonads to apply the sanctions. (I hope)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not necessarily - they'd be facing legal challenges from FFP suck ups like ourselves if they don't have the gonads to apply the sanctions. (I hope)

Whichever way you look at it the FL are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's pathetic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Remains to be seen I suppose, but I can't help but think there are simply too many loopholes and grey areas in the whole concept of FFP just waiting to be exploited by big clubs who can afford clever lawyers and accountants, if they're ever clobbered by one of these monumental fines which are supposed to be imposed.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Remains to be seen I suppose, but I can't help but think there are simply too many loopholes and grey areas in the whole concept of FFP just waiting to be exploited by big clubs who can afford clever lawyers and accountants, if they're ever clobbered by one of these monumental fines which are supposed to be imposed.

Agreed, sadly.

One for El Pres perhaps, but is there anywhere one can see exactly what the proposed sanctions would be? Have they actually been specified?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Apparently Cellini was impressed by how Hockaday talked about football, **** it, I can talk football til the cows come home, think I might apply myself.

Totally unsuitable, tick.
No experience of managing a football league club, tick.
Can say yes often, if you pay me enough, tick.
Nobody's ever heard of me, tick.
Totally out of my depth, tick.

I think the jobs already mine :lol:

Perversely I think DiCanio would be a huge success there, I think it will take a lunatic, to be able to work with the lunatic in charge.

I would like to think Oscar has more sense but then, he did go back to Tel Aviv after saying that the missiles etc were the reason he left in the first place. Well who'd have thunk it? Its not got any better! Maybe he would go to Leeds after all :lol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sunday:

"Yes, at Watford I decided to sack him. I said ‘he’s finished’. I wasn’t happy. I was ashamed of the performance and it [sacking Hockaday] was what I wanted to do. But in my life I’ve learned that with your decisions, take 24 hours. Why should I blame the coach? The squad isn’t finished and that is my fault. Signing players has been harder than I thought so if I fire anyone, I should fire myself or else I’m a coward. I have to control my ego.

“This coach, he might not be a good coach, but sacking him now is not fair. I cannot say if he is good or not. When the squad is finished, I’ll see what he does then. But for now you blame me for the results. I blame myself because the fault is mine.”

“Bellusci is a good defender and what he did yesterday was a s--- mistake. We lost because of his mistake. I see that now. I didn’t see it yesterday. If he didn’t f--- up and we win the game, would I be firing the coach? No. So it’s wrong to blame the coach for the results.”

Thursday afternoon, after Bradford the night before:

“I’d like to thank David for his efforts over the last two and a half months. But the results since the start of the season have meant we needed to act and make this decision. After the defeat at Bradford I realised that my decision to keep David at the club following the defeat at Watford was wrong, and I had to change my mind on the coach’s position. As a club we will now begin our search for a new head coach.”

So what happened to the 24 hours thing to make a decision ? :lolol:

This guy is comedy gold.

It reminds me of that old Craig David number '7 Days':

"Hockaday, took him for a drink on Tuesday, we were signing forms on Wednesday, lost on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, sacked on Sunday."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here