Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoax nurse found dead

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Did you think that could be the chain of events when it was first revealed? It's all very unsavoury and tragic, but this post event blame game stuff really doesn't wash or serve any purpose in my view.

of course dissecting events afterwards and realising things could be done better serves a purpose. otherwise we would be still sitting in caves going ug and dropping boulders on mammouths heads for food.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Now they will have to face trial by media. I feel a bit sorry for them.

in this case, good. it was a prank that was always going to have repercussions for the victim, they should have about it a bit more. they commited an offence didnt they, obtaining confidential information by deception?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Maybe the DJs should be made to come to the UK for the inquest and asked in court to answer for their actions in front of the Nurses family and feel the full glare of the media. make them feel some heat for their cheap stunt. Especially if they have some previous.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I completely agree with this.

really? that they never expected to get through (bet they were thrilled to bits when they did, not hoping, oh i hope we dont get through we only want to have a laugh) and secondly, that it was impossible to concieve that this might end badly? if you agree with both of those then you are not thinking these things through either.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Clearly they haven't learnt from their experience in outing a raped 14 year old girl live on air in front of her mother.

Did you predict it? Even after the event when you'd heard about it? There isn't a single person on here who in that situation would have thought "what if we get through and someone like tells us stuff and then the press worldwide tells the story and the person kills herself?"

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I think a little bit of hindsight is being used here. Firstly, they never expected to be put through and secondly nobody could have anticipated that this would be the result. Including people now so quick to judge them.

If this were an isolated incident and they had little experience of carrying out such a prank, then I would agree.

However neither is the case, and if you look at the article that I linked earlier, you will see that they have got into serious trouble over previous incidents.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
of course dissecting events afterwards and realising things could be done better serves a purpose. otherwise we would be still sitting in caves going ug and dropping boulders on mammouths heads for food.

Agree with that, sorry, phrased it rather badly there. Talking about judging the people rather than learning from the consequences itself. I think the key point is that we disagree whether they could have predicted it or not.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Did you predict it? Even after the event when you'd heard about it? There isn't a single person on here who in that situation would have thought "what if we get through and someone like tells us stuff and then the press worldwide tells the story and the person kills herself?"

you could predict by doing this you could get an employee into f***ing loads of trouble quite easily. not that they might top themself but i think stopping because you might lose someone their job or cause them distress is enough. not knowing that they might kill themself is hardly absolution from blame. so its alright if you f*** someones life up if they dont top themselves?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

maybe not this eventuality, but they could have thought "what if we get through, someone tells us stuff, the world media knows and they get disciplined or sacked and we generally ruin their career". clearly they dont give a shit about the consequences of their actions.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
really? that they never expected to get through (bet they were thrilled to bits when they did, not hoping, oh i hope we dont get through we only want to have a laugh) and secondly, that it was impossible to concieve that this might end badly? if you agree with both of those then you are not thinking these things through either.

Back it up a moment, they made a telephone call. They put on silly accents and were told more than they should have been. That's it. That's all there is. Whatever has killed this woman, they're hardly responsible. I know there's a strong blame culture in society, and even more so on NSC, but there isn't ALWAYS a need to blame someone.

This is a pretty sad story, for so many reasons.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Agree with that, sorry, phrased it rather badly there. Talking about judging the people rather than learning from the consequences itself. I think the key point is that we disagree whether they could have predicted it or not.

it could reasonably be predicted you could ruin someones life over this. or at least cause them a hell of a lot of trouble. reason enough not to do it. sorry they have made a massive mistake and its their problem no one elses. they are not children.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Back it up a moment, they made a telephone call. They put on silly accents and were told more than they should have been. That's it. That's all there is. Whatever has killed this woman, they're hardly responsible. I know there's a strong blame culture in society, and even more so on NSC, but there isn't ALWAYS a need to blame someone.

i would rather have a blame culture than one of childish lack of consequence or any need to think about potential repercussions for someone.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

Absolutely not.

But the picture of the behaviour that they are engaging in seems to be that of deliberate shocks given for commercial considerations without regards to the consequences to the people involved.

After previous episodes that they have engaged in, you would have thought that a responsible person would have shown more restraint.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Absolutely not.

But the picture of the behaviour that they are engaging in seems to be that of deliberate shocks given for commercial considerations without regards to the consequences to the people involved.

After previous episodes that they have engaged in, you would have thought that a responsible person would have shown more restraint.

they didnt know it was just a joke! f***ing hell the last ditch defence of naughty kids the world over.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Everything we do in life has a consequence.

Did these people really believe there would be no consequences....?

I doubt many thought one of the victims would commit suicide......but only a complete idiot would think there would be no consequences......the very least would have been to have been held up to public ridicule by the world media.

I wonder how many of us would be pushed 'over the edge' at just this scenario....?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Exactly. It now appears according to Sky at the moment that she was getting grief from fellow staff as a result. Fill your boots people, let's all clamber up the moral high ground over them now.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
i feel sorry for the dead girl and her family. any guilt the divvy dj's feel or grief they get is tough f***ing tits.

Well yes obviously it's a tragic situation and her and her family. But let's take a step back here. For a start we don't even know if the two events are connected at the moment. Clearly there is a chance they are, but equally there is still a possibility, however small, that the two are completely unrelated. Now is not the time for apportioning blame.

If I were in there situation I'd be feeling like shit and utterly worthless, even without seemingly half the English speaking world telling me what an utter c*** I am.

It was a childish prank, but nobody could have predicted this outcome.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Exactly. It now appears according to Sky at the moment that she was getting grief from fellow staff as a result. Fill your boots people, let's all clamber up the moral high ground over them now.

yes as a result of the prank call.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Well yes obviously it's a tragic situation and her and her family. But let's take a step back here. For a start we don't even know if the two events are connected at the moment. Clearly there is a chance they are, but equally there is still a possibility, however small, that the two are completely unrelated. Now is not the time for apportioning blame.

If I were in there situation I'd be feeling like shit and utterly worthless, even without seemingly half the English speaking world telling me what an utter c*** I am.

It was a childish prank, but nobody could have predicted this outcome.

my point over and over again is yes, you could reasonably predict this could end very badly for an innocent person. you dont have to be eva petulengro to see that.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If 'Jack the Lad' had done this on Heart would we have laughed? I in no way think Jack would have done this but he does make prank calls and many laugh (not me, heard him when daughter retuned radio). This is a situation where I have mixed feelings. It was a prank and thousands thought it funny. If BBC Radio 2 done a reverse on the Auzzie Prime Minister we would think it good radio. But this was a poor girl who felt she had been ridiculed not only on the radio, but then by the entire country here. She heard about the call on every media outlet constantly for days. She obviously needed help afterwards and from what I can understand, was given full comforting by the hospital. But did some big jobsworth in a back office give her a mouthful which she could not and should not have taken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here