Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] His Majesty King Charles

How would you rate King Charles' first year as King?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Can you tell us where, oh mighty one, you gather the information on which you think without reading a diverse selection of sources?

Or do you just make shit up with no background knowledge?

Your attitude to “another Guardian reader” suggests the latter. Just because someone chooses a specific article that explains something succinctly doesn’t mean that’s all they’ve read.
So if one were to read the guardian and the Express/Mail that would be a balanced representation of the news and opinion?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Charles has quite deliberately and sensibly adopted a low profile approach to his first year as King. After 70 years, he knew that a period of reflection and acceptance of change was needed. He hasn't done a lot and that was the right approach. You can't judge him yet as he has been relatively inactive. I would imagine that he has been involved in a lot of planning for the short term ahead. Expect a much busier schedule.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Charles has quite deliberately and sensibly adopted a low profile approach to his first year as King. After 70 years, he knew that a period of reflection and acceptance of change was needed. He hasn't done a lot and that was the right approach. You can't judge him yet as he has been relatively inactive. I would imagine that he has been involved in a lot of planning for the short term ahead. Expect a much busier schedule.
doesn't William and Kate fill in for most of the engagements and visits?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
A much busier schedule of remaining inactive and not doing a lot is my guess!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I saw this thread and thought that maybe he'd done something about the paedo but I'm sure he's been busy on other things :shrug:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A much busier schedule of remaining inactive and not doing a lot is my guess!
If I was 75, and had the "Groom of the Privy Toothbrush" to clean my teeth for me, I wouldn't bother doing much either.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
With an average so far of in excess of 8.7 out of 10 its fair to say he has done an exceptionally good job in his first year.
Given that the lowest vote you allow for is 7, how many people will not have voted. Has he actually done anything worthwhile….. or perhaps more “has he actually done anything”.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Guardian reader oh dear
Try thinking for yourself
What a strange comment. How else do we get information if not MSM and other sources? Are you a Trump supporter?
Not only strange, but daft. I would think Guardian readers much more likely to think for themselves and even disagree with what they read, certainly more so than people who read the Mail, the Express or the telegraph,

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not only strange, but daft. I would think Guardian readers much more likely to think for themselves and even disagree with what they read, certainly more so than people who read the Mail, the Express or the telegraph,
Quite.

Just the other day I questioned the cooking time for a samphire and malabar frangipani.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The guardian is very lefty of course it hates the monarchy .
The Guardian, believe it or not, has more than one person writing for it. And some of them actually disagree with each other. And they are both critical and supportive of the monarchy……
……. But I would guess you’ve never read it. I have read enough from the Mail to feel qualified to criticise it.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I have read it online it’s free . Whilst there is some difference of opinion from some of its writers , The guardian in general has an overall mindset that is set by its editorial team .

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
i'ld imagine he's just embarassed, they genetically have blushed cheeks

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He’s been quietly and deliberately organising to almost double the money he steals from the taxpayer next year.

f***ing parasite.
He is a master at maintaining the status quo and the public lap it up

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, to put it in simple terms, he's done OK then (sorry to offend the republican front on NSC ..... not!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here