Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] His Majesty King Charles

How would you rate King Charles' first year as King?

Results are only viewable after voting.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Today marks a full year since the passing of Her Majesty Qeen ELizabeth II :bowdown: , widely regarded around the world as the greatest monarch of all time.

As such it put her son Charles thrust into a job he has had some 70 years to prepare for, in at the deep end mourning the loss of his beloved mother.

Here is an excellent and unbiased BBC review of his first year.

His Majesty the King

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Today marks a full year since the passing of Her Majesty Qeen ELizabeth II :bowdown: , widely regarded around the world as the greatest monarch of all time.

As such it put her son Charles thrust into a job he has had some 70 years to prepare for, in at the deep end mourning the loss of his beloved mother.

Here is an excellent and unbiased BBC review of his first year.

His Majesty the King
He's ok, but he's no Ruel Fox.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not 'anti-royalist' as such, I just am not remotely fussed about them or what they do. On that point, what HAS he actually done this year, away from the very public-facing events such as the funeral, coronation and Christmas speech? The article mentioned a trip to Germany and getting out and about meeting people, but I'm not really aware of a great deal else by which people would be able to accurately 'rate' him.

Even the article alludes to that: '"It's been a sense of 'not much to see here', which would be seen as a positive," [Prof Whitelock, professor of the history of modern monarchy at City, University of London] says.'

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nearly 60 years I’ve been singing the national anthem and now all of a sudden they change the words…. f*** em now.
Also for all the times we’ve asked God to save them she’s currently on a 0% success rate

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I just hope he doesn’t die soon - can’t be arsed with the whole state funeral/coronation for Willy boy.

It messes up with football dates etc and is a right royal bore off.

I don’t care if they have a monarchy or not, let them play in their crowns and their stately homes and get brainwashed idiots to wipe their bums, pretty funny when you think about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here