Hillsborough the search for the truth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
let me know which part of this is seemingly difficult for you to grasp:

1) the view was propogated as part of concerted smear effort by south yorkshire police
2) it was given to many media outlets who reported it - only one however gave the view that it was unimpeachably truthful
3) it was examined in detail by the Taylor report
4) it was discounted by that report as casuable factor
5) the same report detailed the smear campaign and criticised it

I'm not ignoring that commonly held view but I have examined the accuracy of that view and how it became commonly held and having done so it has enabled me to discount the relevance and accuracy of it. More importantly it was examined by a far more learned individual than I and he reached a very damning conclusion of it.

Throw your insults around as much as you like. I'm not saying that Liverpool supporters are or were angels. I have heard, seen and read the comments you are referring to.

You may wonder why I'm so concerned on thismatter and why I have ended up doing the research on this?

I actually when working in the channel islands made a particularly tasteless joke about Hillsborough in a pub one night (partly driven by ignorance, drink and bravado). There were a few scousers there who would have liked to lynch me - but one in particular saved my skin by, in a very open minded way, suggested I should take time to read up properly on the causes, activities etc. I read the interim Taylor report and then, when it was published, the detailed one and it changed my view totally.

Perhaps if you take the time to spend just 3 hours of the next few days to read what has been published before or released today you may just change your mind. If you are unable to take that evidence into account in your view point then you are, by definition, being prejudiced.

That post is very much to your credit.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well done David Cameron. And also well done to Ed M who has accepted his own party's responsibilities in this.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Justice for the 96 at last !!!
Shameful the way this has been handled over the years and some of the comments on this thread are beyond comprehension.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just listen to that.....unbelievable

words fail me

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unbelievable the scale of cover-ups that went into this. I really hope retrospective action is taken, but fear it will not be. This event changed football in a major way. Football supporters - 2nd rate citizens still.

Well what can I say. Ever since that day I have always insisted that although The Police were not blameless it was the Liverpool fans who had caused it.

Sorry. :down:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To those that did not believe the families.

I don't think anyone on here blames individuals for having an opposite view. Such people were victims of the mis-conception that those in authority on that day sought to spin. The fact that opposing view differed from what subsequent reports have clearly found out is mere evidence of the disgraceful success that South Yorkshire Police and the media had in spinning a lie.

What is important now is that the facts are accepted. Liverpool fans were not to blame and the 96 that never returned deserve full justice.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Think of this: Your family member died going to a football match in a horrific way. The following few days the blame is not only put on the crowd, which included your loved one, but then they were cast as scum by newspapers (especially the most popular paper The Sun). For 23 years you know this is lie and a cover up by the police and the Tories (and other parties) at the time. Today is your day, after 23 years of battling for justice, as the TRUTH is finally out.

If you on this board as a football fan (or human being) are still blaming the fans (after today especially) you should have a proper look at yourself.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Does this count as 'justice'?

No. Many of the people that covered up the evidence are still in jobs today. They systematically lied to a public enquiry.

Had I done what they had done then I would have been out of a job and up in front of the beak!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Well what can I say. Ever since that day I have always insisted that although The Police were not blameless it was the Liverpool fans who had caused it.

Sorry. :down:

Well done for the apology.

Let's see how many who have been insisting they "knew all along that the Liverpool fans were to blame" will come on here and retract their slurs?

You know who you are.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No one should need another reason not to buy The Sun.

Any idea how this may be marked on friday? By (The Massive) Wednesday if not us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nor do any of your posts detract from my belief that you are ignoring a commonly held view that Liverpool fans were, at least, partially to blame for the disaster, so nur-ne-bleedin-nur-nur-to-you-too. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil....Jeez, all three monkeys rolled into one!

You're really not very bright are you? Vindictive, stupid, ill-informed, yes. Bright? Hardly.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No one should need another reason not to buy The Sun.

Any idea how this may be marked on friday? By (The Massive) Wednesday if not us.

I'm not sure it should be marked by us at the game. It should be marked by a new inquest and the authorities taking action against those found culpable.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Anything from that odious c*** Kelvin McKenzie yet?

Apparently the only swear word banned on NSC. Could we have a ruling from the mods that it is acceptable when prefacing Kelvin Mckenzie?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Anything from that odious c*** Kelvin McKenzie yet?

Apparently the only swear word banned on NSC. Could we have a ruling from the mods that it is acceptable when prefacing Kelvin Mckenzie?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports