Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough - Not All Liverpool Players Seem To Care

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not making too much of this incident but if anyone needs an insight into what an obnoxious charachter Carragher is they need only read his autobiography.

not read it and don't intend to. Please expand HJ.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This is what Carragher says about Hillsborough
JAMIE CARRAGHER ON HILLSBOROUGH

While I would much rather footballers didn't spit out of habit on football pitches, I find it very hard to conclude that he is someone who lacks respect for the victims, and the families and friends of those who died at Hillsborough.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
On Wikipedia it says:

On 28 February 2008, Carragher was arrested and cautioned for assault outside a school near his home in Crosby. Liverpool refused to comment.[8]
On September 11, 2008, Carragher's biography, Carra, was released, but controversial excerpts were leaked to the press beforehand. In one instance, Carragher claimed that his close friends were looking to assault fellow Premiership player Lucas Neill but that the incident was averted only because Neill was in the company of David Thompson, one of Carragher's former teammates, who Carragher did not want to "become a witness to an assault." Carragher sent a text to Thompson, "telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks," suggesting had Thompson not been there, Neill would have faced an assault.[9][10]
Carragher claimed he launched a deliberate hard tackle in a practice session against former Liverpool teammate Rigobert Song because of the latter's perceived mockery of Carragher's defending.[11] "Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite. 'You're not f***ing laughing now, are you, you soft ****?' I said as he hobbled away."[10]
Carragher also asserted therein that his brothers have trouble finding employment in the city of Liverpool because of the number of foreign immigrants working in England, prompting claims of xenophobia.[12][10] He also stated that, though he was fully committed when playing for England, international defeats did not affect him as much as club defeats with Liverpool did.[13][10]

Jamie Carragher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
On Wikipedia it says:

On 28 February 2008, Carragher was arrested and cautioned for assault outside a school near his home in Crosby. Liverpool refused to comment.[8]
On September 11, 2008, Carragher's biography, Carra, was released, but controversial excerpts were leaked to the press beforehand. In one instance, Carragher claimed that his close friends were looking to assault fellow Premiership player Lucas Neill but that the incident was averted only because Neill was in the company of David Thompson, one of Carragher's former teammates, who Carragher did not want to "become a witness to an assault." Carragher sent a text to Thompson, "telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks," suggesting had Thompson not been there, Neill would have faced an assault.[9][10]
Carragher claimed he launched a deliberate hard tackle in a practice session against former Liverpool teammate Rigobert Song because of the latter's perceived mockery of Carragher's defending.[11] "Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite. 'You're not f***ing laughing now, are you, you soft ****?' I said as he hobbled away."[10]
Carragher also asserted therein that his brothers have trouble finding employment in the city of Liverpool because of the number of foreign immigrants working in England, prompting claims of xenophobia.[12][10] He also stated that, though he was fully committed when playing for England, international defeats did not affect him as much as club defeats with Liverpool did.[13][10]

Jamie Carragher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds like he's trying to copy the GREAT Roy Keane's autobiography :shrug:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Wonder what team captain, Steven Gerrard thinks of it. Given his involvement with Hillsborough.

My god there are some absolute f***ing morons on this board.

Welcome to the masses...

What have other football tragedies got to do with Hillsborough? Others anniversaries aren't commemorated in the same way so Liverpool fans should tone down theirs?

No, Liverpool fans can do whatever they like. The media can just stop reporting it for several weeks before, during and after. Let the people affected grieve, let the rest of us get on with our own lives.

Scousers are slated for remembering their dead sons, daughters, Mum's Dad's, brothers, sisters.. Plastic grief? f*** me I hope one day some of you don't need the support of others.

What, so you DON'T think that scousers go over the top and revel in mawkish sentimentality? Really? That they don't use any excuse at all to grieve and feel sorry for themselves? Bollocks. Yes, many were affected, and why should they forget what happened, but it doesn't need to be rammed down everyone elses throats.

96 people never came back from a football match.

Just think about that for a minute.

A tragedy. No question.

Think about the thousands of Albion fans that will travel to Huddersfield next week. Think about 96 of them not coming home. Died supporting their football team. On the terraces. Some as young as 10. Then think about the headlines in The S*n newspaper in the following week accusing Brighton fans of pissing on the dead and attacking First Aid staff. Total lies. Think of a huge Police cover up and a Chief Superintendent never being brought to justice for his incompetence. Retired early on a massive pension. The families got nothing.

The Taylor report concluded that the disaster was TOTALLY down to appalling policing. NOTHING else. If you are going to spout utter made up bull shit then do it on another f***ing subject. The deaths of 96 people will be and should be remembered for ever.

96 people never returned home from a game of football. When you sit down at Huddersfield next Saturday to cheer the boys on with your son, daughter, Dad, mate.. you might want to remember that.

Nice. Not over the top at all. Well done. Let's not bother with the political motivation behind the report, after all that wouldn't help here would it. Not when there's self pity at stake. The dead should be remembered, but perhaps they should be remembered in quiet dignity instead of melodramatic shite.

'Fans united' my arse.

Justice for the 96. Don't buy The S*n.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/home.shtm

So why shouldn't any other tragedies be remembered in the same way?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here