Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough - Not All Liverpool Players Seem To Care

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Seems a bit OTT to me - only as inappropriate as Gerry Marsden saying "what a brilliant day" and getting all excited about YNWA.

Sensitive issue I suppose.

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
He's a bit stupid but jesus, I agree with WW that it's a bit OTT.

Did you actually read the article? How is that response OTT? If anything it was pretty restrained considering the emotiveness of the subject. If they'd been calling for a public flogging that would have been OTT.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Was he even alive when Hillsborough happened? He probably just doesn't know how people really feel. I'm sure he now realises how inappropriate his behaviour was and unfortunately the fans will probably turn on him for ever. Imo nothing should be made of it, I'm sure he didn't mean it.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Was he even alive when Hillsborough happened? He probably just doesn't know how people really feel. I'm sure he now realises how inappropriate his behaviour was and unfortunately the fans will probably turn on him for ever. Imo nothing should be made of it, I'm sure he didn't mean it.

I was only 2 at the time, yet it doesn't take a genius to work out how important it is. There isn't any excuse for it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

There are some things you just DO NOT do. Was he flown in from Mars last week or something ?. Its the equivalent of having a trip to Auchwitz and walking around the gas chambers eating Popcorn and taking smileys shots on your mobile.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was only 2 at the time, yet it doesn't take a genius to work out how important it is. There isn't any excuse for it.

...a very good point, I wasn't born when the first or second World Wars took place but it has never stopped me observing the silence or behaving in an appropriate way on Rememberance Sunday...I suspect this man will now be as welcome in the red half of Liverpool as the Sun newspaper...probably best that he leaves of his own accord before those oh so lovely Scousers drive him out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here