Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford Sky Sports footage (You've probably all seen)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Talking to the people at the ticket office pre-match, they knew we had been over allocated tickets. They also told me they had received 27 000 requests for tickets from us.

I phoned Hereford around 4-6 weeks to go and just asked for a ticket. The ticket office said something like 'In the Brighton end I presume?', so I said 'why 'presume?' - are no Hereford fans buying tickets? - it could be your last league game'. To which she just laughed.

I reckon they never expected to be in that position (they were about 5 points ahead of us at the time), and sold us a huge block of tickets out of sympathy as it would be us going down and they'd already be safe.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can see me and a few others like Attila, Triggar etc in that clip. I say that literally AGED everyone there or listening back home. I true JFK day that will live forever in people's memories and the history of our great club.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Please stop watching this - that guy is going to score that one in the last minute one day.

Recall the police having to do a 180 degree turn as they thought it was us that were going to kick off. Also the worst attempt to mug me "give me your phone" "no get lost" .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I phoned Hereford around 4-6 weeks to go and just asked for a ticket. The ticket office said something like 'In the Brighton end I presume?', so I said 'why 'presume?' - are no Hereford fans buying tickets? - it could be your last league game'. To which she just laughed.

I reckon they never expected to be in that position (they were about 5 points ahead of us at the time), and sold us a huge block of tickets out of sympathy as it would be us going down and they'd already be safe.

I see we were fifth in the form table at the time, and Hartlepool 7th. That's what screwed Hereford.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-three/1996-1997/form-table

D

Deleted member 2719

Remember walking through some absolute BEARS who we thought were Cardiff fans looking for a scrap, we just did not look tough enough for them to bother tbh.

Speak for yourself matey. Yes my mates left me to walk through that mob on my own, as they went off holding hands to the bogs!!

I am pretty sure that it is us up on the railings next to the roof behind Maskell being interviewed on the pitch, goading the Cardiff/Hereford fans outside trying to get in at us.

So funny and so emotional in an animal like way.:angel:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A mate of mine managed to get hold of 6 Tickets and asked if i wanted one ? Silly question as i never thought i'd see the bottom 2 play each other final day of the season again ,a few years later i was at Barnet v Torquay last day decider though.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Brings it all back. Up in the stand, the Gulls Eye coach there and back, the nerves shredded to bits. What a day. What a season. Was it really 20 years ago. I suddenly feel very old and sad.

The same Gulls Eye coach which had a dodgy gearbox and we waited at Boxhill for a replacement.
Newbury post match was epic.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Speak for yourself matey. Yes my mates left me to walk through that mob on my own, as they went off holding hands to the bogs!!

I am pretty sure that it is us up on the railings next to the roof behind Maskell being interviewed on the pitch, goading the Cardiff/Hereford fans outside trying to get in at us.

So funny and so emotional in an animal like way.:angel:
Think time has fogged your memory mate.....This was walking to the game near the stadium and The Cardiff fans were itching to get at Brighton or Hereford fans but we were just not a challenge....We were all there and had to walk through them.

Attendance records min max
1 Hereford 2,033 --3,102

2 Salisbury 478--724

3 Taunton Town 222--410

4 AFC Totton 145--731

5 Tiverton Town 146--853

6 Evesham United 199--402

7 Swindon Supermarine 162--823

8 Wimborne Town 179--523

9 Winchester City 98--580

10 Bideford 112--884

11 Barnstaple Town 115--707

12 Bridgwater Town 103--756

13 Yate Town 62--287

14 Mangotsfield United 91--309

15 Shortwood United 47--595

16 Larkhall Athletic 75--255

17 North Leigh 47--364

18 Didcot Town 89--149

19 Wantage Town 43--420

20 Paulton Rovers 71--141

21 Slimbridge 58--178

22 Bishops Cleeve 53--118

If you're a small club it's great to have a team like that in your division, you can see at a glance who from that table who's played Hereford at home. At Peacehaven we look back fondly on the 400 Maidstone brought to ours and playing at theirs in front of 2,200.

Just for info for those not familiar with the non league pyramid, Hereford are at the same step as Lewes Hastings East Grinstead and Three Bridges and one division above Peacehaven!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Watching Albion has been such a rollercoaster...

We have been to the top flight, a cup final, all the way down to within 15 minutes of dropping out of football league and back again. I know the battles to survive brought us desperate times but they also gave us all a common bond and even the Withdean years were full of excitement. How dull it must be to just follow a mid-table, 'making up the numbers in our division' type of club.

We have have been so lucky even if at times it didn't feel that way.

D

Deleted member 2719

Think time has fogged your memory mate.....This was walking to the game near the stadium and The Cardiff fans were itching to get at Brighton or Hereford fans but we were just not a challenge....We were all there and had to walk through them.

Not at all mate you went for a waz with the rest and walked came out of the toilets without me noticing I then decided to go to the ground as I thought I must have missed you and walked around a corner into 15 to 20 blood soaked Hereford / Cardiff fans with my Albion scarf around my neck, they literally parted like the red sea.

They could see I was rather tasty and chose not to lose more claret.:rave:punish:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here