Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford Sky Sports footage (You've probably all seen)

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Every single time I watch this , I am convinced they are going to score in the last minute, IF we had lost, that would have been it, could easily be us now playing in the 8th tier - which would be Ryman South - same league as Dorking Wanderers and Horsham.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Thanks for that. I know they were never a long-term established league outfit but it's still sobering to see how the story ended for them. There but for the grace of God etc...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Down the side that day, nothing will ever come close to that tension.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's still quite a fall in status. I thought they were about the same level as Whitehawk ie 6th tier.

No, they folded completely, brand new team formed, they've done well to climb to where they are.

A friend of mine was the physio for Hereford on 'that' day, he's also a huge Hereford, and Wales fan. Lovely bloke with many stories about football he was very involved in lower league football all his career, knows just about anyone who has ever been anyone in L1, L2 and below. Sadly his health is in decline, he set up the charity "Check 'em Lads" after suffering testicular cancer, And now suffers from leukaemia, he couldn't even make it to AFCs opening match or the Wembley final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Caught a glimpse of my old man ( hes been dead 10 years now) we drove from swindon with my girls aged 11 and 9 .....they still get stick at work for being BHA supporters.....fortunately at the moment they can laugh at SWindon Supporters

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Could you imagine the BINFEST nowadays if the game was being played with regarding to tickets and who gets one?!!! Be nigh on impossible unless you were an away 'superfan'

As it was, just rocked up to the Goldstone on the day they were allocated I seem to recall, nice and early, and no problems getting tickets.

What.A.Day. Never seen that clip beforehand, great watching it.......and people are correct, the last 20 mins seemed to go on forever, must have done nearly 8-10 fags in the second half alone!

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Talking to the people at the ticket office pre-match, they knew we had been over allocated tickets. They also told me they had received 27 000 requests for tickets from us.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Could you imagine the BINFEST nowadays if the game was being played with regarding to tickets and who gets one?!!! Be nigh on impossible unless you were an away 'superfan'

As it was, just rocked up to the Goldstone on the day they were allocated I seem to recall, nice and early, and no problems getting tickets.

What.A.Day. Never seen that clip beforehand, great watching it.......and people are correct, the last 20 mins seemed to go on forever, must have done nearly 8-10 fags in the second half alone!

I got my match ticket direct from Hereford United, I contacted them well in advance of the match and requested a ticket in the Brighton end.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I think most matches were POTG back then, I had a feeling this would be all ticket and thought I would contact Hereford Utd

We were planning a weekend away staying with friends in Cheltenham, decided to get tickets in advance for much the same reason as you.

5df670cf56336cead25f665df770fadb.jpg

Had a great evening out in Cheltenham after the game, Cheltenham fans don't like Hereford :drink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I got my match ticket direct from Hereford United, I contacted them well in advance of the match and requested a ticket in the Brighton end.

Our end sold out. Didn't stop me from ringing them, with my Brighton address, and ordering one for their main stand. That wouldn't happen now.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Our end sold out. Didn't stop me from ringing them, with my Brighton address, and ordering one for their main stand. That wouldn't happen now.

I'm amazed it happened then!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm amazed it happened then!

Quite. It appears that their ticket office staff were a little naive. I guess matches such as this were something unfamiliar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here