Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Her Majesty The Queens Platinum Jubilee - Official Thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
16,000 applications for street parties in England!

In Scotland?

Crikey. Just watching Scottish BBC news. It is quite incredible. It is complete indifference.

And the crowds in the scenes in London on the TV were 99.99% white.

I'm not sure that 'carry on regardless' is wise, in the long run.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Now he knows, you know what you have to do now :wink:
Hope you enjoyed your day :)

It was brilliant. Joanna Lumley was behind us in the outdoor studio, and Nick Robinson (radio) said good morning to me, as we walked through Green Park.
The RBL gave us a brunch box with a Piglets Pantry sausage roll, blueberry muffin, banana and orange juice. There was also free bottled water (with tops), tea and coffee. Everybody was friendly and helpful, so a great atmosphere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
16,000 applications for street parties in England!

In Scotland?

Crikey. Just watching Scottish BBC news. It is quite incredible. It is complete indifference.

And the crowds in the scenes in London on the TV were 99.99% white.

I'm not sure that 'carry on regardless' is wise, in the long run.

The tv pictures must have been focused on that sector because I walked back through the crowds, afterwards and there were loads of different ethnicities.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It was brilliant. Joanna Lumley was behind us in the outdoor studio, and Nick Robinson (radio) said good morning to me, as we walked through Green Park.
The RBL gave us a brunch box with a Piglets Pantry sausage roll, blueberry muffin, banana and orange juice. There was also free bottled water (with tops), tea and coffee. Everybody was friendly and helpful, so a great atmosphere.

The way it should be.
As long as you missed that royal pest, Alan Titchmarsh, he was at the Windsor horse show, a couple of weeks back, hovering....:lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The tv pictures must have been focused on that sector because I walked back through the crowds, afterwards and there were loads of different ethnicities.

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm uncomfortable that I live in a country that celebrates the fact that a 96 year old women is still working on behalf of it and thousands turn up to stare at her.

Accompanied by the fact the mobility issues of a 96 year old are now a news item.

I find it equally disturbing that her successor is beyond retirement age.

The monarchy needs serious review but so does our expectancy of it. If we are going to continue with an hereditary principle, there has to be a point where the "constitution" states they retire gracefully.

Otherwise they are simply animals in a zoo.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm uncomfortable that I live in a country that celebrates the fact that a 96 year old women is still working on behalf of it and thousands turn up to stare at her.

Accompanied by the fact the mobility issues of a 96 year old are now a news item.

I find it equally disturbing that her successor is beyond retirement age.

The monarchy needs serious review but so does our expectancy of it.

I thought Prince Charles rode extremely well for 73, steering the horse with one hand.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I too saw all race, creeds, sexes, and I understand a significant representation from the LGBTQISR+ community. On the BBC programme now plenty of great memories of Her Majesty from her reign in Scotland and her affection for Scotland despite their issues knows no bounds. Great to see her guidance too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

That said The Royal Household is behind the times in terms of employment equality. It banned the non white skinned from senior roles until at least the late 1960s and bizarrely is still except from race and gender equality laws to this day.

That is public record and in 2022 is in desperately need of reform.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why do you believe an unelected elderly upper class white woman would make a better head of state than an elected working class black woman exactly?

Taking away the generalisations, how about one is sensible, considered and well advised, the other is a ‘kin bigoted ********?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
When is this all over? I'm all for people celebrating the Queen if that's their thing but this seems to have been going on for days now. I'm fed up with switching on the news and seeing the umpteenth middle aged "expert" who once wrote a book on the history of the queens handbags. They all say the same bloody thing, theres zero insight from any of these dullards. We know the queen is hard working, we know her faith is important, we know she has had hard times but has come through it. We don't need to be told in excrutiating detail, with summaries on the hour and at half past. There's so little to say other than, old woman still alive.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Blimey the backbiting and vitriol on this thread is something to see. Is there such a thing as a reverse gammon.... I'm sooooo angry.
I went up to London on Wednesday and there was a great atmosphere around buck palace, certainly multicultural. My kid loved it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here