Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Her Majesty The Queens Platinum Jubilee - Official Thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What does carrying on regardless mean ?

Say you were right (although I think your view on the racial mix has been contradicted in later posts) and the vast majority were white. And perhaps this was because a lot of other people were ambivalent about the jubilee because the Queen (and Royal Family) might be less relevant to them.

Surely that’s up to the population of the UK to decide if they want to rock up to the Mall and get involved if they want?

Are you saying that we can’t have celebrations of traditional UK institutions because some people are not that into it?

By the same token, would you reimagine Notting Hill Carnival because it’s a little more heavy on one colour than the other.

Surely an inclusive population can allow most celebrations even if they don’t actually fancy turning up in person.

I meant that the appeal of the royal family may be too narrow for it to carry on regardless, expecially judging by those numbers from Scotland.

Yes, someone who was there reported that the crownd was not 99.99% white, which I acknowledged. I was basing my estimate on what I'd seen on TV. See the snap attached below.

Just like Henley, and last night of the proms, of course people can turn up to engage with it, or not, as they see fit. I neither said nor suggested otherwise.

crowd.JPG

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wonderful celebrations for an amazing monarch.

Fantastic institution, and one of the things that sets our wonderful country apart from others….

It is such a shame certain members of her family have let her down in recent years.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I meant that the appeal of the royal family may be too narrow for it to carry on regardless, expecially judging by those numbers from Scotland.

Yes, someone who was there reported that the crownd was not 99.99% white, which I acknowledged. I was basing my estimate on what I'd seen on TV. See the snap attached below.

Just like Henley, and last night of the proms, of course people can turn up to engage with it, or not, as they see fit. I neither said nor suggested otherwise.

View attachment 148534

Look at that photo carefully. I can see black faces, but the photo is predominantly the back of people’s heads. A distance photo like that isn’t going to identify all the Japanese, Chinese and Philippino people I saw.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Look at that photo carefully. I can see black faces, but the photo is predominantly the back of people’s heads. A distance photo like that isn’t going to identify all the Japanese, Chinese and Philippino people I saw.

You misunderstand. I was posting that to show that there were more than 0.01% non white attendees. There are a couple of people in scene that are clearly non-white.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And, now, we cross over live to the South Coast to see the celebrations on Boundary Road Hove and Station Road Portslade. This infamous thoroughfare is actually just one road but it has two names in honour of the Queen's original double barrelled house of Saxe-Coburg.

On the Station Road side we can see the street drinker population has tripled in the last day, and here they are being terrorised by a gang of school age chavs. Frankly, nothing says England like a man clutching a bottle of Frosty Jack telling a kid in a hoodie, armed with a Tesco trolley and some silly string, to f**k off while being cheered by a man in a mobility scooter.

This blessed isle really does bring the patriot out in all of us and I'm sure we all agree there's nowhere better on earth. Gawd bless you ma'am.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You misunderstand. I was posting that to show that there were more than 0.01% non white attendees. There are a couple of people in scene that are clearly non-white.

Sorry.

There are more than a couple.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

View attachment 148534

it's the British public that will decide the fate of the royal family,times will change,just like they always have

unfortunately for some posters on here,they will never see it

however much they stamp their feet

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
it's the British public that will decide the fate of the royal family,times will change,just like they always have

unfortunately for some posters on here,they will never see it

however much they stamp their feet

I think when Willy becomes king the Royal Family will be very popular again. As much as I’d like to see them disbanded, it’s not going to happen anytime soon.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
And, now, we cross over live to the South Coast to see the celebrations on Boundary Road Hove and Station Road Portslade. This infamous thoroughfare is actually just one road but it has two names in honour of the Queen's original double barrelled house of Saxe-Coburg.

On the Station Road side we can see the street drinker population has tripled in the last day, and here they are being terrorised by a gang of school age chavs. Frankly, nothing says England like a man clutching a bottle of Frosty Jack telling a kid in a hoodie, armed with a Tesco trolley and some silly string, to f**k off while being cheered by a man in a mobility scooter.

This blessed isle really does bring the patriot out in all of us and I'm sure we all agree there's nowhere better on earth. Gawd bless you ma'am.

you have to live abroad for sometime,without regular visits to the UK

then you really do appreciate how good Great Britain is

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Terrific Day out in London Thursday.
St James's Park, followed by Royal pub crawl.
Lovely atmosphere as all the naysayers stayed home.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Spent 4 years living in Asia in my 30s and 11 months in Oz. Never wanted to leave either but Mrs GB wanted to have our kids here, so fair enough. My dad's retired to France. Hasn't set foot in the UK for 14 years and doesn't want to :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

That very much depends where abroad.

Britain can be great. It currently isn’t.

I’m sure there are plenty of people who go abroad and it makes them think Britain is great. Sort of people that go to Spain and drink every day in the Red Lion. Except when it’s Spanish night, of course.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I am reminded of the scene in Braveheart, where Wallace says " never in my life did I swear my allegiance to him/her
The prosecutor said "never the less he is your king":rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here