Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Her Majesty The Queens Platinum Jubilee - Official Thread

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite a lot of brainwashed individuals on here. If you ignore the BBC and look at what you’re celebrating for what it really is you’ll realise that it’s an absolute joke.

Lot of people don’t know how to enjoy themselves and determined to be miserable - 4 days off, some glorious weather, drinking, eating and celebrating our culture and heritage with friends family and neighbours after 2 or so years of misery. What’s not to like?! Had a lovely couple of days and looking forward to more tomorrow and Sunday. Good bless her Majesty, what a women, what a life, what an example.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The tv pictures must have been focused on that sector because I walked back through the crowds, afterwards and there were loads of different ethnicities.

Indeed.
I thought it was a very diverse crowd both in The Mall and a packed St James`s park.......and so it should be.
Also Tartan was a noticeable favourite clothing for quite a few, plenty of Americans there, was surprised how many were German who i chatted to, they wished they had their own monarchy (German joke incoming no doubt).
What loads of people commented on though was the enormous number of young people.

When it does eventually pass down to William and kate the monarchy will be in good hands.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lot of people don’t know how to enjoy themselves and determined to be miserable - 4 days off, some glorious weather, drinking, eating and celebrating our culture and heritage with friends family and neighbours after 2 or so years of misery. What’s not to like?! Had a lovely couple of days and looking forward to more tomorrow and Sunday. Good bless her Majesty, what a women, what a life, what an example.

Yep. Gawd bless her. I have 41 mins left on double time before back to normal rate. Then she can do one :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This morning I am writing an essay on the differing perceptions of autism. This afternoon I am going to fix my blocked storm water pipes (ooo err). Tomorrow reverse and repeat (the timing, I am not fixing the perception of autism and writing and essay on storm water drains). Don't tell me I don't know how to enjoy myself.

NB neither her majesty nor any other member of the royal family are helping me with either task. Apparently, they are 'busy' this weekend. Apart from the noncy one but he has COVID.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yep. Gawd bless her. I have 41 mins left on double time before back to normal rate. Then she can do one :)

Prince Charles was probably thinking the very same thing when he had to be ‘substitute Sovereign’ at St Paul’s today.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Quite a lot of brainwashed individuals on here. If you ignore the BBC and look at what you’re celebrating for what it really is you’ll realise that it’s an absolute joke.
Grab a Pimms and don't think about it too deeply.

I was looking forward to the concert. Until I realised the lineup was fake and saw the real one.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I don’t really understand this view point. It’s not compulsory to engage with the jubilee stuff; just celebrate what you want or just celebrate nothing at all and make the most of the good weather and bank holidays in the way that suits you.

I live by myself at the moment and would have loved to have got involved in some of the parties and bbqs and just general get togethers I’ve seen but I didn’t get an opportunity to do so. So I’ve just had some long walks, did a bit in the garden and appreciated getting away from the daily grind for a short while whilst enjoying the general party atmosphere in the country after 2 shit years for everyone. I haven’t felt brainwashed in anyway. I’ve just tried to make the best of it. :shrug:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don’t really understand this view point. It’s not compulsory to engage with the jubilee stuff; just celebrate what you want or just celebrate nothing at all and make the most of the good weather and bank holidays in the way that suits you.

I live by myself at the moment and would have loved to have got involved in some of the parties and bbqs and just general get togethers I’ve seen but I didn’t get an opportunity to do so. So I’ve just had some long walks, did a bit in the garden and appreciated getting away from the daily grind for a short while whilst enjoying the general party atmosphere in the country after 2 shit years for everyone. I haven’t felt brainwashed in anyway. I’ve just tried to make the best of it. :shrug:

Bozza missed a trick for the NSC Jubilee street party.
Bring some booze and your opinions ! :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This morning I am writing an essay on the differing perceptions of autism. This afternoon I am going to fix my blocked storm water pipes (ooo err). Tomorrow reverse and repeat (the timing, I am not fixing the perception of autism and writing and essay on storm water drains). Don't tell me I don't know how to enjoy myself.

NB neither her majesty nor any other member of the royal family are helping me with either task. Apparently, they are 'busy' this weekend. Apart from the noncy one but he has COVID.

:lolol:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Unlike a prime minister the queen has never had to take any difficult or unpopular decisions which affect peoples day to day lives, she just turns up and smiles and waves at people. So to an extent she is bound to be popular. Even people who are indifferent to her can't really find that much to dislike about her.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
you have to live abroad for sometime,without regular visits to the UK

then you really do appreciate how good Great Britain is

Having lived abroad for the past 13 years, I wouldn't say that's been my experience. Often I wonder why more people don't leave. Sure, there are plenty of good things about Britain but my quality of life has undoubtedly been better overseas.

At least in Britain you can openly criticise the monarchy though. Recently, in Spain a rapper was jailed for bad-mouthing the corrupt former king in a song.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Marvellous scenes at the Derby where loads of Jockeys that have ridden for the Queen over the years gave a guard of honour.

Was a really lovely moment. This concert tonight is going to be very, very special. A literal who's who of worldwide musical royalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here