Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henning - The expected sad news.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
That poor bloke. Sickening.

Since 9/11 and the US response, there has been the onset of an ideological war with virtually no limits, which at the moment I cannot see the end of.

What an incredibly ****ed up situation.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't know what the answer is. As I said several weeks ago this is the start of WW3 imo and the main protagonists have been funded lock stock and barrel by western and allied Arab states! How the hell did such an evil entity that barely existed a year ago appear all over Iraq and Syria with an Army of over 30k and some of the most technically advanced weaponry in the world in such a short period of time?

the group has been around over a decade ago and involved in the Syrian civil war for a coupel of years; the west/arabs funded funded other groups in Syria which have either since joined or been defeated by Isis; the claimed army of 30k is estimation, others vary from a mere 4000 to 50000; the equipment is that siezed in the Syrian civil war. WW3 will not start until a couple of the superpowers go to war over something, that isnt about to happen over the sand of syria.

i dont think any of us know what the answer is.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
The thing to do is to cut the money flow to ISIS, i.e stamp on Saudi Arabia where most of the money comes from (allegedly). Obviously no proof of that, only HIGNFY, lol. The whole thing stinks in any case - Syria, Iraq, ISIS, Iran, Israel - we get fed what the powers that be want us to see. Who really knows what's going on? Just the bloody Crusades all over again, and we all know how that ended.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
the group has been around over a decade ago and involved in the Syrian civil war for a coupel of years; the west/arabs funded funded other groups in Syria which have either since joined or been defeated by Isis; the claimed army of 30k is estimation, others vary from a mere 4000 to 50000; the equipment is that siezed in the Syrian civil war. WW3 will not start until a couple of the superpowers go to war over something, that isnt about to happen over the sand of syria.

i dont think any of us know what the answer is.
We do the exact opposite of what they want. They don't like the drones, we double their deployment. They murder another hostage we double it again.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
WW3 will not start until a couple of the superpowers go to war over something, that isnt about to happen over the sand of syria.

It depends how you define World War. I agree, this isn't likely to start a war between superpowers. However, this is a world problem. It is being exported around the globe. We've already seen the impact as far away as Australia. There are an estimated 100+ Chinese fighters with ISIS already - if they start exporting their brand of fanaticism back to China, which has already had an upswing in domestic terrorism, we may finally get a worldwide response. Russia, too, has an ongoing battle with Muslim extremists and if they start seeing an impact back home, they might finally get off their butts and form a previously unthinkable West-China-Russia-Arab alliance.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
This ,Mustafa is exactly what happens when they have people like you who look for excuses for them...appeasement never works...the IS are not human...they don't execute with a bullet in the head...no! they SAW the head off slowly with a knife...imagine the pain of a slow death like that...and you in your wisdom blame the Western powers..
The killers say stop the drones as they have no answer to them and come and fight us face to face...face to face...whenever does this scum ever show their face without a black mask and who use women and children as human shields. Nuke the barstewards!

Yep, lizard kings from another planet aren't they???:facepalm:

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
This is so awful, so very sad. Good people should not suffer this kind of fate, unimaginably tragic for his family & friends.

I really hope the British public does not become overwhelmed by anger and support more violence in the Middle East, which is exactly what his killers want

So what your saying is we should turn a blind eye and let them get on with it.sorry but if we had done that in ww2 we d all be speaking nazi German now.The monsters that have done this have proved they will stop at nothing to do or get what they want.We should smash them to bits because what ever happens people are going to suffer and if it angers these nutters because thats what they are! to carry on doing things like this than so be it you can t reason with people like this so it will never go away.keeping out of it is not an option

Juan Albion

The thing to do is to cut the money flow to ISIS, i.e stamp on Saudi Arabia where most of the money comes from (allegedly). Obviously no proof of that, only HIGNFY, lol. The whole thing stinks in any case - Syria, Iraq, ISIS, Iran, Israel - we get fed what the powers that be want us to see. Who really knows what's going on? Just the bloody Crusades all over again, and we all know how that ended.

ISIS are a major threat to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They are on the target list.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is times like this when my opposition to capital punishment is tested to the extreme. That said an early exit to 'glory' is what these people are proud of. I think the rest of their life in solitary misery is more fitting.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What will they do when they have murdered all the Western hostages...?

I presume they will come over here and take some.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
ISIS are a major threat to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They are on the target list.

That may well be the case, in overall strategic terms. I wouldn't be surprised though if there were small pockets in KSA, here and there, quietly tithing to ISIS. Once again, no evidence of any such activity, only my cynical, jaded view.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have they released any hostages at all?

Only if it is in their interest. The UK and the USA, we are led to believe, don't pay ransoms.

A quick look at Al Jazeera, the best source of news on these matters, informs us that there have been innumerable killings of this sort-people of all nationalities, in particular Kurds. Sad times.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Remember that the IS is not a state, despite their namesake. They have no bombers, barracks or bases. It is a terrorist group that a vast majority of Iraqi and Syrian civilians would not support. Consequently we should not treat them as a state, we should support the Syrian and Iraqi governments the best that we can to destroy them, but above all we should stay out of it - any destruction that Western nations inflict upon these countries will only lead to more extremism, this is abundantly clear by now.[/QUOTE

Are you mentally ill...?

The IS control huge towns, cities, oil depots etc etc in Iraq....you talk as if they are living in a Bedouin tent in the desert.

Juan Albion

That may well be the case, in overall strategic terms. I wouldn't be surprised though if there were small pockets in KSA, here and there, quietly tithing to ISIS. Once again, no evidence of any such activity, only my cynical, jaded view.

Absolutely right. That's why I specifically put "the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia." There are certainly locals who want to see the king overthrown.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Trouble is that cutting the money off involves going head to head with some politically powerful and oil rich allies. My guess is that this mess is such a huge political mess that everybodies hands are tied. What this needs is our decision makers making decision based on what is morally right rather than economically right.

This shit will go on and on. As you say no-one really knows what is going on. What we do know is that war is very beneficial to many of the main protagonists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here