Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henning - The expected sad news.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The problem is they have elected to locate their caliphate across the borders of countries with whom it is very difficult for their opponents to unite.

It will be a long and wearisome fight which is in itself a challenge for western societies inured to instant results.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Incredibly sad but not unexpected, RIP Alan Henning, you went out to help and died as a genuine martyr. If there is a heaven, you will be there now, your killers will never.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What a strange version of the muslim religion these people(animals) believe in. Their god seems to be very cruel, if this and other acts this group has been doing is gods will.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The problem is they have elected to locate their caliphate across the borders of countries with whom it is very difficult for their opponents to unite.

It will be a long and wearisome fight which is in itself a challenge for western societies inured to instant results.

After Iraq and Afghanistan, I don't think anyone expects anything to be quick any more. Personally I expect this to last decades. I may not be alive to see it come to an end. The only question we now have is how long we wait before the inevitable. I agree with Mustafa, more violence is exactly what they want. However, I don't agree that ignoring them will be possible, it would be like ignoring an infection in a wound, because that is exactly what they are. Just because they want a conflict doesn't mean they shouldn't get one. The world needs to come together on this one - and in particular, China needs to step up. It is as much a threat to them as anyone.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think it's high time a handful of governments including the UK and USA told any nationals working for agencies, media or aid, to leave that region so it's military personnel only at risk ie can put up a fight if situation arises. It's not as if other nationals aren't providing these roles as well. And it would reduce the number of 'propaganda' hostages.

Of course this leaves 'only' the local ones obviously to be tortured and murdered by these sick fanatics. This is happening regardless - but they're not used in the same way as western hostages. We need to fight on lots of fronts, including starving these insane butchers of the publicity oxygen they so clearly relish.

RIP Alan - tried to make the world a better place but like so many before you, fell in the face of pure evil. May God rest your soul and the devil await those who did this to you.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It really is unbelievably sad and seems that there are plenty more to come. If only we'd not funded the opposition to Assad in Syria........

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is exactly what we should do. While the civilians of Syria and Iraq need our aid, a Westerners life is invaluable to the IS. With this vile murder they will get exactly what they want - More war, more death, more extremism, more Jihadism. It saddens me that his life may well have been sacrificed as a successful propaganda tool for this despicable enemy. We should not use more violence in the Middle East, as this is what has cost this good & innocent man his life in the first place.

Do you really think ISIS will use peaceful methods to create their objective if they can't get their hands on a westerner?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
This is exactly what we should do. While the civilians of Syria and Iraq need our aid, a Westerners life is invaluable to the IS. With this vile murder they will get exactly what they want - More war, more death, more extremism, more Jihadism. It saddens me that his life may well have been sacrificed as a successful propaganda tool for this despicable enemy. We should not use more violence in the Middle East, as this is what has cost this good & innocent man his life in the first place.

Let me guess, you have a piece of paper in your hand...

I admire your wish for peace, but the genie is out of the bottle.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
But they will continue to slaughter. Whether it be aid workers, tourists or other Muslims.

Does one ignore bullying or confront it?

I don't know what the answer is. As I said several weeks ago this is the start of WW3 imo and the main protagonists have been funded lock stock and barrel by western and allied Arab states! How the hell did such an evil entity that barely existed a year ago appear all over Iraq and Syria with an Army of over 30k and some of the most technically advanced weaponry in the world in such a short period of time?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Do you really think ISIS will use peaceful methods to create their objective if they can't get their hands on a westerner?

of course they will. we've seen how peacefully passive they've been with the iraqi christians, shia and other local religious sects they've found inhabitating the lands of Iraq and Syria. they let them join them, thats how nice they are.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think, unfortunately, that all the hostages are already dead. ISIS are just releasing the videos as and when they want.

Apparently Alan Henning made a statement that his imminent death was due to parliaments decision to start bombing in Iraq. If verified then he was alive just last week at the very least.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
This is so awful, so very sad. Good people should not suffer this kind of fate, unimaginably tragic for his family & friends.

I really hope the British public does not become overwhelmed by anger and support more violence in the Middle East, which is exactly what his killers want and will inevitably lead to countless more tragedies like this.
This ,Mustafa is exactly what happens when they have people like you who look for excuses for them...appeasement never works...the IS are not human...they don't execute with a bullet in the head...no! they SAW the head off slowly with a knife...imagine the pain of a slow death like that...and you in your wisdom blame the Western powers..
The killers say stop the drones as they have no answer to them and come and fight us face to face...face to face...whenever does this scum ever show their face without a black mask and who use women and children as human shields. Nuke the barstewards!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
But he's right? The exact reason IS do this stuff is to encourage western support to war and in return fanatical Islamists to IS. Fact.
No, just your opinion, piece of paper for you?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Apparently Alan Henning made a statement that his imminent death was due to parliaments decision to start bombing in Iraq. If verified then he was alive just last week at the very least.

Agreed. It's not in their interest to kill hostages straight away. They are hoping for ransom fees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here