Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed today vs Huddersfield

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
I've been thinking he needs a couple of goals to boost his confidence and he'll go on a good scoring run but I've been thinking that for a while now, maybe too long. Despite the winner against Charlton being rather fortunate it didn't happen after that either.

IF we've got a new forward in for our next match I think he'll have to settle for a bit-part role for the rest of the season (barring other injuries).

I like the guy and you can tell he cares and enjoys playing for us, just a shame that's not being converted into goals. If we were scoring for fun throughout the rest of the team it would be much less of an issue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's scored 6 goals so far which is the same as Murray scored in his first Championship season for them up the road. He clearly isn't rubbish, and will score again.
He is also good at defending and cleared a ball off the line at Blackburn for us to retain all three points.

But Nsc loves a scapegoat.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I haven't seen much of him first hand, but DS commented after the Blackburn game about his commitment <along with everyone else> that he made a great tackle just outside the box in/around the 90th minute. All for one, one for all etc was the gest of it.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
But Nsc loves a scapegoat.

I don't see it like that; I think it's only natural that if a player isn't doing what's perceived to be their role it's going to be highlighted. It's a narrow minded view but If a Goalkeeper can't catch, a defender can't defend, a midfielder can't tackle, a winger can't cross or a forward can't score then it's going to raise some debate, fair or not - it was Dunk a few weeks ago and Solly a few months before that... It won't stop until we have a 100% perfect team :thumbsup:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
There's always someone on here who is the last to realise that he or she is just downright WRONG about a player. I'm afraid to say, sir, that on this occasion, you are that person.

Yeah. The penalty miss at Wolvo and the bit where he tried to tap it past a Blackburn defender and got completely outpaced last week were appalling.

However, I still think Israeli good.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Tries hard but probably playing a couple of leagues above his ability.
That seems to be based on a very short period of his time here though, as his Israel caps/goals and number of appearances in La Liga seem to strongly suggest otherwise. Intimating that League Two is his level is being more than a little harsh.

Agree that his season appears to have died a death on the scoring front though, didn't pose any threat today whatsoever, and was pretty patchy in his hold up play.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
No way near good enough. Had a fortunate start but has shown nothing since Septemper. I don't see any improvement in having him playing then CMS or COG! Sooner we get a decent forward in to help Bobby and Wilson the sooner we will start winning a little more comfortably. He may try, but if Stockdale or Dunk played like him every week they would get slaughtered on here!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
How much time do you want to give someone, who has had an uninjured run in a table topping side, yet has yielded just one goal in 19 games. He needs a drop down, get a bagful for the 21s, and come back refreshed with confidence. He is clearly shot to bits at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How much time do you want to give someone, who has had an uninjured run in a table topping side, yet has yielded just one goal in 19 games. He needs a drop down, get a bagful for the 21s, and come back refreshed with confidence. He is clearly shot to bits at the moment.

So who would you have played in his place?
If your answer is BZ who would you have played for the other 30+ mins, and on the midweek games?
How often do the 21's play?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was hilarious today.

But still put in a better performance than anything we've had from Baldock in his time at the club.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
So who would you have played in his place?
If your answer is BZ who would you have played for the other 30+ mins, and on the midweek games?
How often do the 21's play?

Your argument conveniently ignores the facts I put before you. 1 in 19 in a table topping side is frankly shocking. There are a number of combinations we could have used up to now, and going forward, without using him. Look at today,me had three wingers on the pitch and twinkle toes up front at the end, and we caused problems (yes, man advantage I know) but there's all sorts of things you can do, and can try, without flogging someone who is shot to bits .other 1 in 19. I'm not saying he's finished, just that his whole game has fallen apart through lack of success and loss of confidence. Go away, build it back up, and go again. That's all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your argument conveniently ignores the facts I put before you. 1 in 19 in a table topping side is frankly shocking. There are a number of combinations we could have used up to now, and going forward, without using him. Look at today,me had three wingers on the pitch and twinkle toes up front at the end, and we caused problems (yes, man advantage I know) but there's all sorts of things you can do, and can try, without flogging someone who is shot to bits .other 1 in 19. I'm not saying he's finished, just that his whole game has fallen apart through lack of success and loss of confidence. Go away, build it back up, and go again. That's all.

:shrug:

With Baldock & Wilson injured and BZ unable to play 90 minutes or twice a week options are limited.
They have been limited still further with Solly and Kaz out, too.

Looking at today and involving 2 players Kaz and Knocky who haven't been available doesn't answer the question.

Who would you have played instead of Hemed?

As for everything else WTF.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'd rather start with two Bobby Zamaro's than two Hemeds up front.

I like Hemed's effort but he is on the pitch to stick it in the net. Sadly Stockdale looks more likely to score than Hemed at the moment.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Players don't become shit overnight, Hemed has got it but not at the moment.....he's in a dry patch......he'll be ok...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looks INSANELY short of confidence. Poor bloke. We need 1 more top striker, to take pressure off Bobby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here