Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed: how much should a new combi-boiler cost?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No you didn't.
Name the boiler for starters.
Was it a Lego combi?
Eh yeah I did the boiler is working well my corgi cert is on the side next to it thanks. Obviously its not the best boiler in the world but its serving a purpose and tenants are happy. I got a deal on a Biasi Riva or something like that and my gas engineer Tony had it done in six hours for £300 .in his bin.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
With great repect - your post is hard to work out.
Was the better boiler gold plated?
No vat-cowboy plumbers?
The two guys charged you £1000 for a days work:moo:
which bit is hard to understand? The total cost was 2k. The new boiler is a Worcester. 5 year guarantee. so far 3.5 years works a dream. Removing the old one was a massive pain in the harris job. Not quite sure what you are on about as usual. I'm trying to help the OP not justify myself to you matey.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Eh yeah I did the boiler is working well my corgi cert is on the side next to it thanks. Obviously its not the best boiler in the world but its serving a purpose and tenants are happy. I got a deal on a Biasi Riva or something like that and my gas engineer Tony had it done in six hours for £300 .in his bin.

Obviously a Gas Safe certificate rather than the obsolete since 2009 Corgi one. :thumbsup:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Fair enough-boilers we use are £800 without any labour!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
which bit is hard to understand? The total cost was 2k. The new boiler is a Worcester. 5 year guarantee. so far 3.5 years works a dream. Removing the old one was a massive pain in the harris job. Not quite sure what you are on about as usual. I'm trying to help the OP not justify myself to you matey.

Calm down! Good luck to you if you are happy.
I have forty years in the business so do know a bit:wink:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think we need some more details.

Either you had a very good friend do this and they made no profit whatsoever.
Or someone working for a company did this as a cash private job and ( could have) used stolen materials.
You sound very much like OB mate.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You sound very much like OB mate.

Oh really??

I'm a plumber with over 25 years experience with my own business.

Any professional company would not be charging £700 for even a straight swop combi.

The boiler you have fitted is currently on sale in Screwfix at £474.33 with a free flue.

Did your gas installer do a power flush on the system?
Did he use inhibitor?
Did he use any fittings or pipe?

As I said he is probably a good friend of yours .

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Yeah so what we're hearing is 'don't trust anyone, only I will do a proper job for the right price'.

'Oh my God! Who on earth did this installation?!'
'why? Is there a problem?'
'I should say so, he hasn't done xyz etc. Who on earth did this shoddy job?'
'er you did. 4 years ago'

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Honest question - how old are you?
No silly comeback just the truth.
When you got banned I thought you were about fifteen.
You obviously are older but you still come across as a bit dense.

Oh sorry. I thought you'd gone to bed. Don't get the humour? That's why you're trade. Stick to On the Buses.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't believe the last poster is still here annoying people on a range of different threads. FG all over again :ffsparr:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I can't believe the last poster is still here annoying people on a range of different threads. FG all over again :ffsparr:
If my posts upset you, might I suggest you are not totally aware of what is going on in the world around you in you cosy little parochial existence.

Last edited:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I know shit all about boilers, but do trust what [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] regarding these things.

That's the thing. Nobody is an expert. That's why we pay for someone else's expertise. My chaps were nice. I'd rather pay an extra grand to use them than be stuck with a pompous loud mothed thug know all type boiler engineer.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here