• No

Votes: 29 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Anybody who trys to come up with some half arsed bollocked theory to defend the ref here needs a shrink , i cant ever remember a more simple blatant case of a player to be sent off .

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Definite red card as he prevented a goal scoring opportunity. He was past the keeper and no matter that there may have been two defenders, there would have been no keeper to make a save.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If Buckley had not been bought down his next action would have been a shot on goal, how this wasn't deemed a goal scoring opportunity is beyond me.

Should have gone for sure.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Will have to see replay by I thought there may be a covering defender who would have been able to get back an clear it off the line.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Will have to see replay by I thought there may be a covering defender who would have been able to get back an clear it off the line.

But still a clear goal scoring opportunity. Or are you trying to say that the only chances that count as clear goalscoring opportunities are ones where there is an open goal?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It was the most blatant sending off I've seen in a long time. The ref was very lucky that he was given an opportunity to make up for the decision.

The speed that the ref shot over to send him off in the second half convinced me he knew he'd got it wrong, From where I was sat at the front of the North stand it looked a blatant red card to me. Yes there was a defender there but he did'nt look in a position to stop Buckley shooting.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
First was a clear red.
Second was ****ing hilarious :lolol:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
There was a defender in line with play, but the other side of Heaton. Buckley took it in the opposite direction, it would have taken some serious heroics for him to have stopped Buckley scoring. This is, however, the only reason I can think the referee went with a yellow.

This!

Although Buckers did take it in the opposite direction , a defender was in line with play and therefore the keeper was not the last man nor did he deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity due to the angle he would've been played at, had he gone past the keeper.

Be interesting to see the highlights!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We will have to wait to see the replays, but I suspect the keeper wasn't the last man....
When the dust settled I couldn't help thinking there was a fella coming in from the East stand side.

But that doesn't change the fact I think Heaton should have gone because he had no intention of playing the ball.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This!

Although Buckers did take it in the opposite direction , a defender was in line with play and therefore the keeper was not the last man nor did he deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity due to the angle he would've been played at, had he gone past the keeper.

Be interesting to see the highlights!

The goalkeeper does not have to be the 'last man.' There is no reference in the rules of the game about the 'last man,' which was invented by Andy Gray who has brainwashed into thinking it's a consideration a referee has to make.

Also, taking a ball away from goal does not mean it's not a goalscoring opportunity. Goals are often scored by taking the ball away from goal before shooting.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
and the second yellow was for trying to get Buckley sent off, throwing the ball in the air as Buckley went past him to make it look like he had been nudged...I wonder what words had been said between the two between incidents!

He threw the ball in the air, Buckley attempted to get it (and in interview said it brushed his head) and then the keeper caught it. The ref didn't see the contact with Buckley's head, so therefore booked him for handling the ball twice which is ungentlemanly conduct. The reason he threw the ball straight into the air appeared to me was because he stopped mid-decision so to speak which resulted in it going straight up.

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Second Yellow was for the keeper making two movements with the ball.

He had the ball and can travel as far as he wants with it, he then grounded the ball and picked up again. Not allowed.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think the ref got it right, the keeper wasn't the last man and he has as much right to tackle outside of the box as anyone.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The goalkeeper does not have to be the 'last man.' There is no reference in the rules of the game about the 'last man,' which was invented by Andy Gray who has brainwashed into thinking it's a consideration a referee has to make.

Also, taking a ball away from goal does not mean it's not a goalscoring opportunity. Goals are often scored by taking the ball away from goal before shooting.

Actually there is a reference to the number of players in the guidelines to referees that come with the laws, although not explicitly in the laws. I suppose you are right in that it doesn't explicitly say "last man", but there is reference to number of defenders and there position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here