Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He found out from the BBC.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
A ducking disgrace more like. Shame on the club, that's appalling. I'm embarrassed. And new admiration for him staying on as a pundit. We look very very bad in the eyes of the footballing world right now.

Oh Please..............there is no way that the club would have not played this by the book. If Gus wants to say that this was the first knowledge of this news straight from the BBC then who is he trying to kid........ I was on the fence over this issue but now we just need to move on....game playing by our former manager

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I believe Gus knew before appearing on the BBC but that still doesn't explain why BHA would release the statement to the wide world knowing he was due on live TV at the same time.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
I was pissed off as anybody else after Gus's rant after the Palace match, but we look a complete shower of shit as a club .This has got Barbers stench all over it and I for one feel sad and embarresed that this has turned into a fiasco of the highest order .I bet that lot up the road are ****ing pissing themselves at us ,I thought we could handle the situation with more dignity and civility than we are right now.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
of course he knew, but the club have been poor in the timing since it gave him the chance to score points against the club

This, I've lost any respect for him, clearly telling lies and shows what a complete tosser he is.

But why do the press release while he was on tv, its Sunday, no one was expecting anything, do a press release first thing tommorow, we have played right into his hands.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Seeing as how the club have played everything by the book from the start I find it very hard to believe that they never informed Gus beforehand.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
2 bob! how can we expect to attract decent players and a manager now! probably alienated the good set up we had in place aswell.F##king joke! who is running this complete shambles,it cannot be TB.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
If the club hadn't released the statement, then Gus / his lawyers / The LMA would have made the statement and then the club really would have looked stupid.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
What a load of bollocks this thread is! I saw the full interview and Poyet never actually said that he hand't heard, It was the presenter who said this! Gus didn't confirm it either way! Anyone who thinks he didn't already know is kidding themselves. But lets not let that get in the way of a Poyet love in eh.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I believe Gus knew before appearing on the BBC but that still doesn't explain why BHA would release the statement to the wide world knowing he was due on live TV at the same time.

Thats the issue here. Why even give him the chance to say its the first he knew of the news (whether he is lying or not)

Why? It's just idiotic.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
I personally think bloom/barber would never be that unprofessional. Just thinking about it, if Poyet has done this to get people on his side it has definitely worked.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Yeah..he didn't know...sure.

The club release the statement on a Sunday Night and he says he didn't know....mmmm

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Gus is lying he will never get a job in football again. It is a high risk strategy. Surely he is not that stupid ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What a load of bollocks this thread is! I saw the full interview and Poyet never actually said that he hand't heard, It was the presenter who said this! Gus didn't confirm it either way! Anyone who thinks he didn't already know is kidding themselves. But lets not let that get in the way of a Poyet love in eh.

I think you watched the wrong interview.

He said its the first he knew of it and that the story was that "I have found out through the bbc"

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fantastic stuff..Great timing by the club.If you believe he didn't already know you will believe anything...Although i do believe the club released statement while he was on air on purpose and why not??? Hes the one that loves self promotion in front of the cameras,,,i call it poetic justice.

The announcement could have been made earlier in the week if Gus had turned up for the hearing without deferring it a few days. The club have got their own back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here