Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He found out from the BBC.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Shameful from the club unless Gus is a bloody good actor

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You're all carying on like a bunch of shocked schoolgirls.

Gus knew he was going to be sacked.

Talk about drama queens!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I fail to believe that his representatives did not know about his sacking before the club released an official statement. It is then up to them to pass on message. Impossible to imagine that they would then withhold that information?

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
genuinely embarrassed! terrible PR for the club and shows a complete lack of common decency!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
IF that is true then it's a ****ing disgrace.

This is just an embarrassment, if the club did do as he says and not tell him apart from the website does anyone else think it could be as a response to him doing it Sunday night and not repairing for the case?

Also, is it possible for us to even suck him without him knowing? Surely some sort of compensation would have to have been agreed? Otherwise isn't he ... Suspended??

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
some of you will really believe everything gus says. Who honesty believes the club havent told him or his advisors, get real

Thank ***, a voice of reason, if you can't see "the theatre" from GP and his agents I'm surprised, come on!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There is no way on earth that any football club today would not let him or his representatives know before they announced it, utter bullshit from Gus!

Do you actually know that ? If Gus is lying it would be very easy for the club to refute it with proof of a mobile call , e mail etc. To come out and say this on BBC if it is a lie is professional suicide.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
I smell something fishy, and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble.

Employment law, by the book, BHA seem to have all bases covered. Surprised if they would be so 'inefficient'.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seriously. I've always backed the club and I'm always an optimist, but whoever made the decision to release that ****ing statement now is a ****ing idiot (excuse the French)

The two scenarios:

1 it's the first he finds out about it and says so. We look like idiots
2 he knew already, but is on live tv so can claim its the first he's heard.

****in hell. Who seriously thinks its a good idea to sack a manager whilst he is on LIVE tv.

I'm fuming.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
of course he knew, but the club have been poor in the timing since it gave him the chance to score points against the club

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Chappers said his phone was on charge as battery dead,! prob why he has not he has not heard anything.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Surely the club would not have behaved in this way? I imagine they have informed at least his rep (agent) and Gus prior to making a press release. To do otherwise is amateurish and does not put the club in a good light pending Gus' appeal. Looks like this will run for awhile yet

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It doesn't matter if its true or not , the timing of the statement knowing he is live on TV was always going to create some kind of reaction. It does not reflect well on the club

A fitting end to a manager who's number one priority was being a media whore for his own glory.

If he had been home waiting for the call he would have been ok.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Fantastic stuff..Great timing by the club.If you believe he didn't already know you will believe anything...Although i do believe the club released statement while he was on air on purpose and why not??? Hes the one that loves self promotion in front of the cameras,,,i call it poetic justice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here