Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He found out from the BBC.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
After going through the whole suspension and playing everything by the book.... The club then ignore basic employment law and don't tell Gus first ?

Anyone who believe that would happen is either very gullible or very stupid.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely this...who releases statements on a Sunday evening...poor show from the club. I felt uncomfortable and rubbish seeing Gus interviewed like that. Embarrassing for me god knows how Gus was feeling...

There would have been a reason. The players return tomorrow. There was better quality speculation on here that we may hear tonight.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I fail to believe that his representatives did not know about his sacking before the club released an official statement. It is then up to them to pass on message. Impossible to imagine that they would then withhold that information?

Why? The club released a statement. It sounds like they didn't inform anyone.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The statement on the club website says that he has been informed by the club. The words are as follows :

PUBLISHED

19:14 23rd June 2013

Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
The timing of this is no accident. Really saddens me the club pulling cheap stunts like this while he's live on telly.
No idea what's really going on but this will have an enormously negative impact on the club.
Piss poor

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Another pop from the BBC commentary. Whatever the facts are the BBC are very much team Gus and we are being made out to look like *****rs.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
in normal disciplianry hearings you have the meeting and then adjourn to review the facts. you then make a decision and meet with the other side to inform the decision, normally the same day, although this could be more complicated. of course gus knew

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If he knew then why would be lie in front of millions that means he could be openly sued for defamation or whatever because we could so easily prove he was told.

Regardless for the sake of the duration of another 70 mins transmission time after all these weeks it's disastrous timing. Amateur stuff giving Poyet an audience now sympathising with him of several million who now think we're a bunch of wankers. Normally it's just that mob up the m23

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Seriously. I've always backed the club and I'm always an optimist, but whoever made the decision to release that ****ing statement now is a ****ing idiot (excuse the French)

The two scenarios:

1 it's the first he finds out about it and says so. We look like idiots
2 he knew already, but is on live tv so can claim its the first he's heard.

****in hell. Who seriously thinks its a good idea to sack a manager whilst he is on LIVE tv.

I'm fuming.

Ha ha, serves the ******** right! He slagged off The Board, and the Club on TV after the Palarse game, they have got their own back in the spotlight. What goes around comes around and all that! Where is the champers? Happy days!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In all fairness, what's his face presenter said he had to put his phone on charge. The club could have been trying to call for hours!

Does seem a bit of a coincidence really that his phone needed a charge.

But anyway, I thought Gus looked properly gutted, which surprised me.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Wether he knew before or not, the timing is piss poor and asked if they were trying to mess with his career, (a planted question I believe), he didn't really answer but reading between the lines, he reckons he is and I felt he kinda played the victim, and rightly so.

If they're trying to mess with his career, that is the lowest move any employer can make. At the end of the day, he needs to work to provide for his family and I know how I'd feel if some leech was trying to stop me from providing for my family. The fact that he is a multi millionaire is irrelevant. He's still a working man.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle - Ddnt Gus say his legal advisors were in discussion today and things were going on all day? I suspect both parties had something to gain from a "live " announcement.

I bet Gus expected the sack to come today and then playing it out live on tv gives him the moral ground and I bet the club were hoping Gus would say something stupid live to show himself up!

Not sure who really gains out of this except for the BBC - the club show any managers that they will play hard ball (which isn't always a good thing) and Gus shows any clubs interested how far he has pushed the club to take this sort of action against him

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
IF that is true then it's a ****ing disgrace.

This is just an embarrassment, if the club did do as he says and not tell him apart from the website does anyone else think it could be as a response to him doing it Sunday night and not repairing for the case?

Also, is it possible for us to even suck him without him knowing? Surely some sort of compensation would have to have been agreed? Otherwise isn't he ... Suspended??

:eek:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The statement on the club website says that he has been informed by the club. The words are as follows :

PUBLISHED

19:14 23rd June 2013

Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect.

I'll believe the club on this.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why? The club released a statement. It sounds like they didn't inform anyone.

It is common courtesy and one would hope/assume that the club had informed the parties before going live on their website with the news.

I can't believe that this decision was made in the failing light of Sunday.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Do you actually know that ? If Gus is lying it would be very easy for the club to refute it with proof of a mobile call , e mail etc. To come out and say this on BBC if it is a lie is professional suicide.

No I don't ACTUALLY know it, but Brighton and Hove Albion are a prossional company with lawyers and such all over the place. I have no doubt what so ever that that statement wouldn't have been released without his representatives being informed and some kind if acknowledgement. Gus is bullshitting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here