Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Haydon Roberts - new 3 year deal and loaned to Rochdale

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Leeds after Haydon Roberts now.

Didn’t know he was a Brighton Boy.

I’d do my ****ing nut if he left for Leeds on a free next year.

This boy should hopefully get a very very rare long term contract (for his age) now seeing the club have ruled out a loan or sale.

Good luck to him. From the brief stuff I have seen of him, he wouldn’t look out of place alongside the likes of Dunk and White.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Why do they want Roberts? Surely Bielsa's magic coaching will start to work on their German centre-back any day now.

Surely they could just nip down to Tesco and get an apple, a couple of weeks of training under Bielsa should turn it into a top class defender, and the fee would be negligible.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

What a load of annoying shit:

“A manager like Marcelo Bielsa could help the youngster fulfil his potential at Elland Road. Leeds have done well to develop young players at their disposal and Roberts will be hoping to follow a similar career path if the move goes through.

The young defender is in the final year of his contract and Brighton will not want to lose him on a free transfer next summer. Leeds are certainly in a better position to sign Roberts than they were in the case of Ben White.”

Hope it’s bull.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Didn’t know he was a Brighton Boy.

I’d do my ****ing nut if he left for Leeds on a free next year.

This boy should hopefully get a very very rare long term contract (for his age) now seeing the club have ruled out a loan or sale.

Good luck to him. From the brief stuff I have seen of him, he wouldn’t look out of place alongside the likes of Dunk and White.

If he leaves it won't be for 'free'. We would get compensation.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is Leeds scouring system basically ‘try to emulate Brighton and try to be them and sign their centre backs’ as well as ‘spy on opposition and cheat if we can cheat.’? Shambles club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is Leeds scouring system basically ‘try to emulate Brighton and try to be them and sign their centre backs’ as well as ‘spy on opposition and cheat if we can cheat.’? Shambles club.

Spying you say!

Caught this Leeds **** circling the Amex earlier.

8b25ddb6329c00eb51d66484c6492faa.jpg

Sadly out of range of my Black Widow catapult.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

“A manager like Marcelo Bielsa could help the youngster fulfil his potential at Elland Road. Leeds have done well to develop young players at their disposal and Roberts will be hoping to follow a similar career path if the move goes through.

And Brighton don't of course. We had FOUR players who came through the youth ranks playing yesterday - two of them centre backs (and that doesn't count Alzate who spent a year or so in the youth set-up).

I think there are five other Brighton ex and current youth centre backs currently plying their trade in the league (and that's not counting the recently retired Elphick and El Abd). I would have thought that for a young CB, Brighton is probably the perfect club to play for.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
And Brighton don't of course. We had FOUR players who came through the youth ranks playing yesterday - two of them centre backs (and that doesn't count Alzate who spent a year or so in the youth set-up).

I think there are five other Brighton ex and current youth centre backs currently plying their trade in the league (and that's not counting the recently retired Elphick and El Abd). I would have thought that for a young CB, Brighton is probably the perfect club to play for.

Burnley keep producing too. But yes, Brighton is an ideal platform for CBs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Spying you say!

Caught this Leeds **** circling the Amex earlier.

8b25ddb6329c00eb51d66484c6492faa.jpg

Sadly out of range of my Black Widow catapult.

Should’ve asked that PRAT [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] to borrow his SPUD gun as he ain’t doing anything these days apart from hiding in BOOSHES around LARNSING trying to STEEL my SCOOPS :facepalm:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The young defender is in the final year of his contract and Brighton will not want to lose him on a free transfer next summer. Leeds are certainly in a better position to sign Roberts than they were in the case of Ben White.”

Hope it’s bull.
Very disrespectful to both bhafc and Graham Potter.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah, the whole world's waiting for next year's Amazon blockbuster..."Three Worse Teams"

You might like it especially, Leeds likely to feature prominently.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Add a 50% sell-on and bite their hand off.

I have been a bit distracted today, but wasn't there a not for sale or for loan comment on Roberts earlier today?

My interpretation of this was that he was effectively becoming part of the first team squad. If I am not jumping to the wrong conclusions this is a massive vote of confidence in an 18 year old. Given Arsenal U23s had a £19m centre back playing against our U23s last week, I think the valuation could maybe go a little higher.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Clarke and Ostigard will both probably want to be in the first team squad next year, with Roberts and O'Hora on their coat tails.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'll admit that his dad's mouthing off about the albion has really soured my opinion of the player.

Get a decent sell-on and get rid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here