Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Having a wee at 3am !

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I wee once in the morning - very rarely during the night - and don't need to 'go' again until I come home from work, approx 9 hours later.
Might have one before bed, although it's occasional.
Is that 'normal'?
Edit: I'm 62.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Had to get an extra toilet put in upstairs to save going down the stairs at 3am every morning

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I wee once in the morning - very rarely during the night - and don't need to 'go' again until I come home from work, approx 9 hours later.
Might have one before bed, although it's occasional.
Is that 'normal'?
Edit: I'm 62.
Not if you're drinking enough fluids, no.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I went into the doctors as a twenty three year old with a sore throat, he checked my prostate. Did the doctor take advantage of my tight buns? Surely you don't test at that age?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’m 70 and rarely have to get up in the middle of the night. normally need to go at about 6.30 to 7ish
just lucky I guess.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Last year I started having to get up a couple of times to pee in the night. Doctor told me it's not uncommon for someone of your age (59). I said it's not common for me, so could we please run some tests?

Anyway, PSA came back normal. DRE suggested some minor prostatic enlargement. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, he told me. Prescribed a drug called Tamsolusin. One a day and I'm back to sleeping right through the night again.

Definitely worth getting a prostate check for peace of mind.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Not if you're drinking enough fluids, no.
Hmm....well, I usually have a large mug of coffee before work, 2 -3 smaller coffees at work and a couple of cans of beer after work, at home. I tend not to get particularly thirsty, so I guess I have enough fluids? I've never been one for drinking plain water, much, since I was a kid.
I must say, the lack of a 'need to go', comes in very handy at gigs, as I never need to lose my spot. :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here