Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you renewed your season ticket?

Have you renewed your season ticket?

• Total voters

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I couldn't agree more - every week's full-page picture of Barber smiling to accompany the usual War And Peace-length appeals for everyone to stop moaning has at least stopped me buying the programme, something I would normally do religiously. It's boring, patronizing, misguided, inappropriate as hell - call it whatever you want, I definitely don't want to pay money for it.

However, clearly some people love that stuff. I'm happy for them.

You aren't really are you

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
As soon as Hyppia was given the boot I made the decision to go next season. I expect to see serious signs of ambition from the club though, just talking about it isn't enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The majority of our ST holders are on D Debits so have to renew now to keep their seats.
If we lost 25% of renewals that would mean we would 6K down. This would be unprecedented in the last 10 years of the Championship and also for clubs relegated to L1.

Current season ticket holders (incl 1901ers) number c20-21k.

I think your point is valid though - it takes effort to cancel when on the auto-renew DD scheme, which is also a very attractive payment plan, and that will keep cancellations well below the level that would occur if we all had to pay a lump sum.
Without the DD payment scheme we wouldn't have half the S/T holders in the first place.

The 20-22k is as bogus a figure as the (for arguments sake) 10-12k season ticket holders that would have committed to a lump sum payment.

Something will have to go very badly wrong (again) for the number of season ticket holders to drop down below the average for the Championship.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I'm not renewing, although that's not wholly down to the on pitch bore-fest we are regularly served up.

A combination of travelling, lack of Saturday games, and the ease at which 'spares' can be picked up have swung the balance for me. I'll probably still go to as many games although through choice rather than a sense of duty.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
we have not renewed our 3 seats - but that is mainly due to increasing family & work commitments meaning we are unable to attend 23 home games

we are now looking forward to enjoying 10/15 games that we can attend & taking in different views of our fabulous stadium from various seats

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
I always pay as a lump sum but usually wait till a few weeks (less than a week before last season and Sheff Weds game) before the new season starts and pick a different seat for every season. Am in no rush to pay out in advance when I can keep it for 5 months and still get a decent season ticket.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
It would be interesting to see how many people would renew now, if the deadline for renewals was the end of July. This would allow people to see how ambitious the club really is.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
He probably, thinks a big part of his job is communicating how the club is run to season ticket holders etc and writing articles in the programme is one way of doing that. As is speaking at fan forums, emails, media interviews and the occasional post on here (via intermediaries). Should he stop these too ?

I think the next post down from Man of Harveys sums it up and is obviously one of the fans who object to paying for a programme and be lectured.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well perhaps he should consider stopping his column. as he has upset a few with some of his articles this year and just concentrate on doing the job.

Marvellous, it was too long ago that we had a regime that was cloak and dagger and seeking to close the club down. We now have a pretty open regime, and some aren't happy with that. If you don't like what he writes then don't read it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The majority of our ST holders are on D Debits so have to renew now to keep their seats.
If we lost 25% of renewals that would mean we would 6K down. This would be unprecedented in the last 10 years of the Championship and also for clubs relegated to L1.

Not quite sure what you mean by having to renew to keep your seats. If you didn't want a ST then of course next season you will not have that seat and will have join everyone else when buying ad hoc tickets. Are you suggesting that if you don't renew now then you lose your seat for the rest of this season because that wouldn't be the case. If you don't renew you still have your seat to the end of the season as it is already paid for as March was the last of the 12 payments.

I couldn't agree more - every week's full-page picture of Barber smiling to accompany the usual War And Peace-length appeals for everyone to stop moaning has at least stopped me buying the programme, something I would normally do religiously. It's boring, patronizing, misguided, inappropriate as hell - call it whatever you want, I definitely don't want to pay money for it.

However, clearly some people love that stuff. I'm happy for them.

What a ridiculous post. There are 82 pages in the programme and you can't ignore just two of them. I don't read the pages for the junior seagulls/gully's gang but that isn't going to stop me buying a programme.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Are you suggesting that if you don't renew now then you lose your seat for the rest of this season because that wouldn't be the case. .

No. I wasn't. I've paid already, like 20K others to endure Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich etc. 15/16 is a different matter.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not quite sure what you mean by having to renew to keep your seats. If you didn't want a ST then of course next season you will not have that seat and will have join everyone else when buying ad hoc tickets. Are you suggesting that if you don't renew now then you lose your seat for the rest of this season because that wouldn't be the case. If you don't renew you still have your seat to the end of the season as it is already paid for as March was the last of the 12 payments.

If you give up the ST and the seat isn't taken by a STH moving or a ST newbie next season there is still the option when buying online on a match by match basis to favourite that seat and providing you get in before anyone to purchase the ticket it wont be a problem.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you give up the ST and the seat isn't taken by a STH moving or a ST newbie next season there is still the option when buying online on a match by match basis to favourite that seat and providing you get in before anyone to purchase the ticket it wont be a problem.

I appreciate that that applies for 15/16 I just wasn't sure that the comment wasn't suggesting you lose your seat for the last few games which is obviously not the case and Chaileyjem has clarified what he meant so all sorted.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Renewed all my 4. Family day out and I would even if we were relegated. Whichever way u look at it, football is a business so I don't feel short changed at all. How do u think Blackpool fans feel? Our club is being ran properly by Barber as far as I can see. We do need a dip in the prem to get some money together but that will come in time. Albion for life, not just for the good times!

Lush

Mods' Pet
I didn't go through all that hassle of trying to help save the club and campaign for a stadium to run away in the first bad season on the pitch.

It still takes my breath away that we're even here, every time I go to a home game at the Amex.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Reduce the bullshit and the PR "Premier League Ready" type statements

PLR is/was an INTERNAL mission statement (for staff) and a perfectly reasonable one.

What do you suggest? "Second tier on the pitch, and second tier off it"?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here