Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you renewed your season ticket?

Have you renewed your season ticket?

• Total voters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That poll was Will you renew, this One is have you. It seems from results so far that not many people are "waiting to see", which I must confess does surprise me

"not many" - Is that Out of the existing c22K season ticket holders ? Or out of a tiny self selecting sample of North Stand Chat users ? who probably had to endure the mind numbing horror that was the 0-0 at the Den last night.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
we will lose 25% of renewals - there is no rush to renew as you dont get any cash benefit from doing so, many people will wait till the summer I reckon and look at our player recruitment before deciding to renew

The majority of our ST holders are on D Debits so have to renew now to keep their seats.
If we lost 25% of renewals that would mean we would 6K down. This would be unprecedented in the last 10 years of the Championship and also for clubs relegated to L1.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"not many" - Is that Out of the existing c22K season ticket holders ? Or out of a tiny self selecting sample of North Stand Chat users ? who probably had to endure the mind numbing horror that was the 0-0 at the Den last night.

You know what I think :smile: The non NSC, Chelsea (* other Premier League) fans who hold an Albion season ticket won't be renewing imo and there will be a VERY big drop in the take up. Love to be wrong and from the NSC poll it seems I am, which would be good.

But how many fans are as interested as those that bother to sign up and post on NSC?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Reduce the bullshit and the PR "Premier League Ready" type statements, stop having articles in the programme (what other CEO in football does this?) and I don't think we could have better than Barber to be honest.

Usually either the chairman or the CEO have columns in the programme (Millwall, Brentford, Reading, Charlton for example just of the away games i've seen recently) talking about how the club is being run.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Usually either the chairman or the CEO have columns in the programme (Millwall, Brentford, Reading, Charlton for example just of the away games i've seen recently) talking about how the club is being run.

Gonna be a busy posting day for you Chailey I believe!!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Cancelled mine and my son's tickets, but that's due to local football commitments rather than goings on at the club. Don't think I'll have too much trouble getting tickets for weekday games some how.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Houghton an Kayal have pretty much earned the club my renewal. Before Xmas I was not going to. Im still pissed off with the club for it's recruitment policy and not taking action on Hyppia. Don't blame anyone not wanting to renew to be honest. Possibly my last season unless improvement is made.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Well perhaps he should consider stopping his column. as he has upset a few with some of his articles this year and just concentrate on doing the job.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The majority of our ST holders are on D Debits so have to renew now to keep their seats.
If we lost 25% of renewals that would mean we would 6K down. This would be unprecedented in the last 10 years of the Championship and also for clubs relegated to L1.

Current season ticket holders (incl 1901ers) number c20-21k.

I think your point is valid though - it takes effort to cancel when on the auto-renew DD scheme, which is also a very attractive payment plan, and that will keep cancellations well below the level that would occur if we all had to pay a lump sum.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have kept mine but cancelled my wife's as she cannot attend very often. I will just buy her tickets on a match by match basis.

If they did Saturday only ST's I would have renewed both.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This is excellent news.

Non-renewals are down to 11% - which is only 4% more than the accepted normal churn rate.

With a good end to the season and some decent signings we could end up with more STHs next season than this.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Have renewed due to a having a great seating position, but if we have to go through another season like this in 15/16 then I may just give it up and go on a match selection basis the season after.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well perhaps he should consider stopping his column. as he has upset a few with some of his articles this year and just concentrate on doing the job.

He probably, thinks a big part of his job is communicating how the club is run to season ticket holders etc and writing articles in the programme is one way of doing that. As is speaking at fan forums, emails, media interviews and the occasional post on here (via intermediaries). Should he stop these too ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

I couldn't agree more - every week's full-page picture of Barber smiling to accompany the usual War And Peace-length appeals for everyone to stop moaning has at least stopped me buying the programme, something I would normally do religiously. It's boring, patronizing, misguided, inappropriate as hell - call it whatever you want, I definitely don't want to pay money for it.

However, clearly some people love that stuff. I'm happy for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here