Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you renewed your season ticket?

Have you renewed your season ticket?

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There no longer my local team so it takes more money and more effort, which makes you question things more. Also, it's not the shit football that's the problem, I'm well used to that. It's the shit football continually promised and touted as something else that grates.
Mate, I appreciate everyone has different circumstances - money, location etc - my post wasn't aimed at the likes of yourself - and as I say was half a bit of light the torch paper and run tbh :lol: No offence meant :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyway, it's great to see the poll results showing some positive renewal % at last :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

No I am not renewing, but maybe I am just not hardcore.
Extremely disappointed with the appointment of CH, IMO he is not premier league ready manager (but he is a lovely geezer everyone likes apparently) middle of the road fence sitter is a better description for me.
The only thing that will make me reconsider will be a BiG signing, new manager or a years supply of Guiness. Unlikely to all three I guess.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have renewed,my intention is to attend all home games i would be fiscal idiot not to realise a season ticket makes sense

what i cant understand is the people that are not renewing simply and entirely because the football has been crap. financial or unable to attend or simply i dont enjoy it anymore i fully understand but because we are crap.......thats bollocks ! Yes it has been crap this season,our league position shows that.But teams get less crap and some even get worse and even fall off the crapometer.

If you follow football long enough you get to see an underlying trend,its impossible for every team to win week in week out.Its not always easy to spot for the uninitiated but it is a fact.

Im not entirely sure you have grasped the entire concept of football,did you somehow suspect because you had purchased a season ticket you were entitled to success on the pitch?

I think you made a grave error buying one in the first place if you thought this wasnt a possibility.......go and watch Chelsea its what most of the I WANT SUCCESS NOW football fans do

:moo:

Last edited:

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I've let it renew in the end despite saying I wouldn't on another thread even though I'll have to miss a few months of the season due to work.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
... But bleating on about some corporate spiel is pathetic. Get a life. Ignore it. Turn up, have a few drinks with your mates, watch football then go home and get on with the rest of your life until the next match. The corporate bollox is necessary because we are not a tinpot business anymore. You want to secure better sponsorship deals then you have to impress the corporate bods that like that sort of thing. Not many of us like it but we know without corporate sponsorship then the cost of going to a game to the rest of us would be considerably higher or the standard of facilities and football on the pitch considerably lower.
I'm not sure if that's aimed at me (as I was the one discussing it with Wozza) but I assure you no amount of crap slogans will influence my decision on whether or not I get a ST (I've never had one at the Amex and I probably won't be starting next season). I merely brought it up to point out the 'PLR' bollocks was in the public domain and not internal as is sometimes claimed.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Mate, I appreciate everyone has different circumstances - money, location etc - my post wasn't aimed at the likes of yourself - and as I say was half a bit of light the torch paper and run tbh :lol: No offence meant :thumbsup:

No offence taken, honest! Just didn't want my feelings to be misunderstood. It's not been a straight forward decision for me and I'm not really that comfortable with it from a point of principle but have lost the love for the first time in 35 years. Very strange that I feel that now more than in the dark ages but perhaps that is because there use to be an agreed figure head of hate, which meant the club as an entity was very differently thought of. Or maybe it is just the extremely high regard I had for the club post Archer that led to unrealistic expectations for the future. Either way its gone from me at present.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No offence taken, honest! Just didn't want my feelings to be misunderstood. It's not been a straight forward decision for me and I'm not really that comfortable with it from a point of principle but have lost the love for the first time in 35 years. Very strange that I feel that now more than in the dark ages but perhaps that is because there use to be an agreed figure head of hate, which meant the club as an entity was very differently thought of. Or maybe it is just the extremely high regard I had for the club post Archer that led to unrealistic expectations for the future. Either way its gone from me at present.

I totally understand. Some of mine def went earlier in the season (thanks Hyypia etc) and a bit last year too. I think some of us do find certain aspects of the Amex era difficult to swallow - mainly the whole modern football element. I know it's different for me and little things bug me. But it's the way we had to go as a club to survive. I'm sure your Albion mojo will return mate :thumbsup:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If you read the post you would understand why I don't know what the section is now called!!!

With regard to some of the other comments here, quite frankly some of the excuses are a joke. Yes, if your circumstances have changed, financially, geographically or family wise then fair enough. But bleating on about some corporate spiel is pathetic. Get a life. Ignore it. Turn up, have a few drinks with your mates, watch football then go home and get on with the rest of your life until the next match. The corporate bollox is necessary because we are not a tinpot business anymore. You want to secure better sponsorship deals then you have to impress the corporate bods that like that sort of thing. Not many of us like it but we know without corporate sponsorship then the cost of going to a game to the rest of us would be considerably higher or the standard of facilities and football on the pitch considerably lower.

With regard to the question of midweek games, excluding Boxing Day and Good Friday, there have been or will be eight. If midweek games were a problem for me, which, fortunately, they are not, that still makes my ticket worthwhile. Average match cost is £24 yet to buy my ticket would be £36 (say average of Cat B plus £2 booking charge). Over a season I save £276 by having a season and that means I can afford to miss about 11 games and still be just ahead financially plus I know which seat I have for every game (for the record, I don't miss 11 games). Of course that doesn't negate the logistics for getting to and from the ground on a midweek game but that will be down to the individual. What some see as a pain in the butt might not be to others.

I saw a fascinating documentary about the Kings Cross fire. Despite the fact that smoke was billowing up the escalators and people in hi viz were trying to prevent them entering the station commuters still did so. It was an unquestioning process/reaction to maintaining the routine. They travel to work Monday to Friday using that route, it was simply what they did.

I'm not trying to say that's reflective of our club in any way but there are always those that will carry on regardless of what is happening and those that have different parameters, which makes people react to changes in different ways.

Its rarely a single issue that makes people seek change, its multiple issues. Shit football/league status may not be enough to change, if it's coupled with corporate bullshit and a different feel for the club in addition to the shite fare on offer maybe. That doesn't equate to people wanting to stop purely because of corporate bullshit. And in terms of having to have the corporate approach, we used to be so different as a club; a special case. There was no reason whey some of that couldn't continue but I feel it's been lost.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Me and my dad renewed, another season like this and I will probably not renew and will pick and choose games. We better have a good summer in the transfer window

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I saw a fascinating documentary about the Kings Cross fire. Despite the fact that smoke was billowing up the escalators and people in hi viz were trying to prevent them entering the station commuters still did so. It was an unquestioning process/reaction to maintaining the routine. They travel to work Monday to Friday using that route, it was simply what they did.

I'm not trying to say that's reflective of our club in any way but there are always those that will carry on regardless of what is happening and those that have different parameters, which makes people react to changes in different ways.

Its rarely a single issue that makes people seek change, its multiple issues. Shit football/league status may not be enough to change, if it's coupled with corporate bullshit and a different feel for the club in addition to the shite fare on offer maybe. That doesn't equate to people wanting to stop purely because of corporate bullshit. And in terms of having to have the corporate approach, we used to be so different as a club; a special case. There was no reason whey some of that couldn't continue but I feel it's been lost.

Have to say that your analogy is in very poor taste. I've followed Brighton for nearly 40 years but it doesn't dominate my life. I don't spend the week worrying about the next fixture and when we lose, yeah I'm pissed off for a few hours and that's it. I watch because I enjoy watching the football, which sometimes is a let down. Everything else is peripheral. I don't know but did you only start following the Albion because of our predicament during the Withdean years rather than because of the football?

I take it the different club you are referring to is the one that was under the stewardship of DK. If so, that was a desperate period for the club and only represents less than 10% of our history. We struggled to survive and were going nowhere until we moved to the Amex. Prior to DK the various regimes, certainly in the time I have supported the club, don't come close to the openness of the current one.

edit: Just seen that you have supported for 35 years. Take a break and who knows, like Sheebo says, you might get the bug back. I assume you wont' spend your Saturday afternoons glued to sky or listening to BBC Sussex otherwise that surely defeats the object!

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No, not hard to please at all and what other clubs see is a small fraction of what the reality is and there is a big focus on making the away support feel valued in any case.

I've an old fashioned sense of football and the Barbs that come out of the club irk me no end. I have enough corporate clap trap at work within the massive American corporation that I work for, maybe it just pushes me over the edge when I receive the same hollow shite on my weekend.

Why if you're old fashioned do you not just go to the pub go to the ground have a beer watch the game go home like I've always done for decades? It's still as simple as that
When I worked for US companies in the City I took a fortnight in the Caribbean to get over a few home defeats in Gillingham to spur me on....

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Paid in full last week , bring it on :)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yuppety, the Meade has gladly renewed. I don't quite feel the outrage of the few for the club not being how I want it be, or talking in a manner perfect for my ears. It is what it is and will change to either suit me more or less, but I don't think it will drive me out with its alterations or undulations of charm. I like my comfy seat and a nice pie and efforts to play some decent football, even with an inferior squad than what we were briefly used to. I expect more from next year, but I have hope from the changes made to the recruitment team and process, and a development team actually winning games here and there, that even slowly we'll improve again.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just rung up to renew my daughter's ticket, and mine will auto-renew today.

the guy I spoke to said they were 'very pleased with the level of renewals', which was 'better than they'd expected given the season we've had'. All sounds encouraging.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know if this is relevant but I have just renewed my car insurance.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If you read the post you would understand why I don't know what the section is now called!!!

With regard to some of the other comments here, quite frankly some of the excuses are a joke. Yes, if your circumstances have changed, financially, geographically or family wise then fair enough. But bleating on about some corporate spiel is pathetic. Get a life. Ignore it. Turn up, have a few drinks with your mates, watch football then go home and get on with the rest of your life until the next match. The corporate bollox is necessary because we are not a tinpot business anymore. You want to secure better sponsorship deals then you have to impress the corporate bods that like that sort of thing. Not many of us like it but we know without corporate sponsorship then the cost of going to a game to the rest of us would be considerably higher or the standard of facilities and football on the pitch considerably lower.

With regard to the question of midweek games, excluding Boxing Day and Good Friday, there have been or will be eight. If midweek games were a problem for me, which, fortunately, they are not, that still makes my ticket worthwhile. Average match cost is £24 yet to buy my ticket would be £36 (say average of Cat B plus £2 booking charge). Over a season I save £276 by having a season and that means I can afford to miss about 11 games and still be just ahead financially plus I know which seat I have for every game (for the record, I don't miss 11 games). Of course that doesn't negate the logistics for getting to and from the ground on a midweek game but that will be down to the individual. What some see as a pain in the butt might not be to others.

Thanks for doing the arithmetic.

I did debate going down the half a season ticket route. So renewing was not automatic. Convenience of the DD method was the key for me.

I do not see many signs of occasional goers changing over to season tickets. I see a fall (say 7%) w/o new fans. A bit of a lack of quality of entertainment on the pitch to attract the TV fans. We need a star player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here