Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2022/23 edition)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well it's been on for 10 minutes because of the boy finding random button pushing irresistible.
Missus fortunately raised to consider heating before November as unacceptable.
Maybe a little flick on at Christmas as we huddle round a festive roast rat.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Central heating is set to a thermostat and i don't think we've fallen below the threshold for it to come on yet. I did light one of the log burners last night, though this was burning the leftovers of last years fuel ,so i'm also claiming that as a 'no' on a technicality.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I didn't realize my roommate was such a wimp; not even that cold last night, but when I woke up this morning he had set the thermostat to 80! Woke up sweating like I was in a damn sauna:glare:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Our heating isn't on yet. Hoping to last out until October, but we will have it on when we need to.

In the meantime, heat the person and not the room. It's a lot cheaper to heat your body than a whole house full of cold air.

Have a good breakfast (e.g. porridge), layer up, increase your activity levels, wear a hat.

Hi Dad! :wave: (wise words though)

This is an annual battle between the wife and I. I'd ideally like to wait until November. At which point, I can shut the bedroom window if it's particularly chilly and start to think about putting the heating on around early December.

She'd have the heating on from the 1st September...

These days, with a toddler in the house, I don't stand a chance - the heating went on for a test run last night

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
We had the wood burner on for the first time . The wife feels the cold and has a hot water bottle most of the year.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Caved in today and put it on. It's about +11 today but the wind feels like it's closer to +5. Downside to working from home.

You might want to look at draft excluders if you have wind chill inside !

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As soon as the builders fit the new boiler it will be going on. Probably be mid-October...

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Bought in loads of logs for the log burning stove ( should last 2 winters ). As for the central heating, it'll go on for 1 hour in morning and 1 hour in evening .

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
As is my standard response to these threads , it's not been turned off since 2018 when we had the new boiler put in, if the thermostat and weather compensation thinks the house needs heat, it gets it.

Central heating is set to a thermostat and i don't think we've fallen below the threshold for it to come on yet.

Ours is set to the thermostat too, and has briefly started coming on this week. First time I've had a chance to look at balancing the radiators since we had a couple of new ones fitted and flow fixed so all rads in the house come on. Our study is in a small single storey extension and is the coldest room in the house, and the furthest from the boiler, so now it's radiator actually gets hot I'm looking forward to getting the cavities of that part of the building filled in the next couple of weeks so that the room retains heat better.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Not on yet, but we shall probably light the log burner in the sitting room if we feel chilly in the evening, rather than heating the whole house.
Still in shorts and will be going for a dip in the sea in the next day or two.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Gave the chimney a damned good brushing out last week, so I'm ready to go...

I assume others with log burners have made sure theirs are clear?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here